Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||Lifetime warranty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||8.8|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||80|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Adapters:||4|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||2|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||2|
|Number of Sockets:||71|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Standard|
Ratings & Reviews
1/4 & 3/8-in. Wrench Set Puts Tough Torquing in Your Hands
Combining the quick grab of standard with the superior reach and contact area of deep well sockets, this Craftsman 80pc Dr. Socket wrench set delivers quick spinning action and high torsion turns to your shop. Featuring the superior strength of a unique ridge design and the muscle of an alloyed steel build, each ratchet is up to 45% stronger than traditional versions, so when it comes to tough turns and hard torquing action, this 80 piece is always ready.
Bringing both 1/4 and 3/8 inch sockets and drivers to your toolbox, the 1/4 & 3/8-in. wrench set is designed to turn dozens of fasteners while working on your car, tuning-up that lawn mower and all around the house, from fixing up appliances to helping grandma with her plumbing, this set gets it done. Featuring serious grip on Torx, Hex, standard inch and metric fasteners, and protected by the power of a Craftsman Forever Warranty, this 80 piece twists and turns when you need it, for life. Invest in this set, and invest in a job well done for decades.
- Pass-thru socket system in 1/4- and 3/8-in. drive works on any length fastener, from short to peaked
- Thumb activated directional adjustment swaps fast
- Polished steel finish wipes clean quickly
- Blow molded plastic case stores neat, clean and protects against moisture damage
- Two ratchets fit into spaces traditional ratchets and sockets cannot
- Includes regular, hex and Torx® socket sizes in inch and metric ranges
- Backed by the Craftsman Lifetime Warranty
- Craftsman 80pc Dr. Socket Wrench Set includes:
- -1/4 in. Drive (35)
- 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16 in. 6pt Sockets (10)
- 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 7 ,8 ,9, 10, 11, 12, 13 MM 6pt Sockets (13)
- 5/64, 3/32, 7/64, 1/8 in. Hex Bit Sockets (4)
- 2, 2.5, 3 MM Hex Bit Sockets (3)
- T8, T10 Torx Bit Sockets (2)
- 3 in. Extension
- 1/4-in. Drive Pass-Thru Ratchet
- 1/4 in. Square-Drive Adapter
- 3/8 in. Drive (44)
- 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8 in. 6pt Sockets (9)
- 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 6pt Sockets (10)
- 9/64, 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 in. Hex Bit Sockets (7)
- 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 MM Hex Bit Sockets (6)
- T15, T20, T25, T27, T30, T40, T45 Torx Bit Sockets (7)
- 3 in. Extension
- 3/8 in. Drive Pass-Thru Ratchet
- 3/8 in. x ¼ in. Pass-Thru Adapter
- 1/4 in. Square-Drive Adapter
- 3/8 in. Square-Drive Adapter
- Pass-Thru Driver Handle
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 01, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I like this set because you get a very complete socket set in a light & compact case. It's a great product for people that have limited storage space but need a socket/hex set for everyday projects. The only real limitation I have found with the Max Axess socket wrench product line is the sparse selection of extensions.
I have several socket sets but this one is the best. Its not particularly expensive but the design is excellent. The pass through is no gimmick. It has proven useful time after time. The low profile also helps get into hard to reach places. The "other" bits (hex etc) all have a 3/8 square drive in the back making them cross compatible with other drivers (I use them on my drill) which is very convenient. For the average user this is a great set. I am very happy with the quality and durability. Been using them for over a year on a regular basis with no issues.
East Chicago, IN
This is a wonderful product. The best thing is the sapce you save when doing a job. Escpecially in har to reach spaces, where you don't need an extension, since the screw goes threw the hole easy to work.
Craftsmen tool always have been a favorite tool of mine, not only because of the warranty, which by the way is out standing. It is because craftsmen stands behind their product. I own several craftsmen tools and love them.
Max Axess tools is a very good invention.This type oh tool saves you time and money.It takes less pieces of Max Axess tools than regualar tools to get the same job done.I enjoy using my new Max Axess 80 pieces of tools.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Bought in sears after headache of trying to take off alternator without long sockets. Figured i can buy whole 51 piece set for $59.99 rather than pay $40 metric + $40 imperial set of long sockets... I know its made in China, however I never trusted too much in Craftsman brand when it was made in USA, only reason i buying it is lifetime warranty, need to double check however if they still go by it... Best thing about this set is that you can use it as regular socket wrench! My old ratchet was falling apart so i said why not give it a shot. Of course when i go to Sears i saw their special - $79.99 for THIS SET that i am reviewing, it had extra torx and hexagon sockets and bought it instead, final price was $87 with tax... Quality on this set is disappointing, firstly ratchet was not greased out of the box, sockets JAM inside especially adapters and extensions and you have to use too much force to remove them. I did not grease it yet because i will return it. that hole in the middle on every socket is not polished (not the part that goes on the nut) and i have feeling it can damage thread on some bolts or be a pain to move it trough to the nut unless it goes perfectly straight. Third you get this plastic screwdriver, yes plastic not metal with plastic handle, only tip of it has metal adapter i can envision it will brake over time very easy when you use it for anything other than watch or plastic toys repair... Finally i guess because of previous point they only made 9 tiny torx and hexagon sockets fit screwdriver other 20 tox and hex sockets are much bigger and only fit into large ratchet there's no adapter int he world that can make them fit screwdriver and maller ratchet as its same size. This alone made enough for me to return this set.
I compared this with the other max axess sets and this one had the highest proportion of sockets and usable parts, the count is not inflated by Allen wrenches or screwdriver bits. Note that there are adapters included to use traditional sockets in 1/4" and 3/8" as well as a large selection of York and traditional bits pre mounted. I mistakenly ordered this adapters separate based on another reviewers suggestion and ended up with duplicates. This may prove useful for the socket adapters but the extra torn and square drive bit will not help.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or More Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Offer ends 06-Sep-2014 See details.