Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6.6|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||85|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Adapters:||4|
|Number of Additional Tools:||1|
|Number of Bits:||20|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||2|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||2|
|Number of Sockets:||55|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Standard|
Ratings & Reviews
85-Pc Universal Max Axess has Ratchets and Sockets for All Applications
When you get tired of searching for the right socket, turn to the Craftsman 85-pc universal Max Axess set for all your basic needs. This set includes ratchets in both 1/4" and 3/8" drive sizes, four adapters, and sockets in all the common sizes for both metric and SAE. Extensions are included for each ratchet, ensuring that you can reach difficult-to-reach bolts to efficiently finish your automotive, construction or home DIY job. Tools are made with heat-treated alloy steel for outstanding durability and quality.
A molded case helps keep the 85-pc universal Max Axess set organized for grab-and-go use every time. Double snap-down plastic clasps and a heavy-duty plastic handle make the set easily portable with a reduced chance of accidental spills. Screwdriver bits in 20 different sizes help ensure that you can tackle any fastener without the need to rummage for additional tools. A polished finish helps fight corrosion for a set that will last for years.
- Keep everything you need for the most common fasteners in one place with the Craftsman 85-pc universal Max Access tool set
- Ideal for doing projects around your home, keeping in the car for emergencies, or using for your driveway automotive needs
- Molded plastic case keeps everything organized so you can find the tool you need at a glance, saving you time on every job
- Heavy-duty carrying handle and double snap-down clasps make this set easily portable without accidental loss or spills
- Snug fit manipulates fasteners without rounding edges or stripping out screw heads
- Heat-treated steel alloy construction produces long-lasting tools for a set you'll use for years to come
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 10, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
El Paso, TX
All of the hand tools I own are Craftsman. I have never returned a Craftsman tool until today. While the pass through idea and the Universal use is enticing, the quality of this set was very questionable. I had read other reviews that mentioned problems taking extensions off once inserted into the ratchets. I didn't really believe that could happen but I was disappointed to find out it is true. I put an extender into one of the ratchets and could not get it apart. I needed to use another tool (hammer) to separate what I should have been able to accomplish with my fingers. I also attempted to tighten a 9 mm hex nut on a bicycle. I could not accomplish this. There is simply something wrong with the tolerances in these Max Axess sockets that made it impossible. The socket kept slipping. That's simply unacceptable. So, this one was returned to the store after about three weeks. I would have rated it even lower except that it is a good idea and the store gave me no problems (I was fortunate enough to still have my receipt. Very disappointing.
I like the fact that you don't have to look for a deep socket you can just use the different heads for the purpose you need the tool, I just wish that Craftsman still made their tools in the USA.
Las Vegas, NV
I do appliance repair work so I really depend on all my tools to perform well. I have only used the set a couple times so far but I am impressed. It takes a little while to get used to versus a traditional rachet set but this design really is clever and useful.
Double check your case content before walkout. The 1/4" ratchet missing from my sealed case, wasted my time & gas just to go back to get the replacement. This is the second time had happened to me and both time, tools are missing from a case that was locked with a zip-tie.
I'm not yet decided whether these could function as my primary sockets: the ratchet isn't bad, the socket finish is not great but not bad, and the lack 1/2 drive availability except from another kit/set are things I dislike. If this is an around the house set, I'd rate it 5 for that purpose; or as a second set for 3/8's drive. I think when I encounter another head type and don't have the dedicated socket I'll be very impressed by this tool's versatility.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.