Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6.6|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||85|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Adapters:||4|
|Number of Additional Tools:||1|
|Number of Bits:||20|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||2|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||2|
|Number of Sockets:||55|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Standard|
Ratings & Reviews
85-Pc Universal Max Axess has Ratchets and Sockets for All Applications
When you get tired of searching for the right socket, turn to the Craftsman 85-pc universal Max Axess set for all your basic needs. This set includes ratchets in both 1/4" and 3/8" drive sizes, four adapters, and sockets in all the common sizes for both metric and SAE. Extensions are included for each ratchet, ensuring that you can reach difficult-to-reach bolts to efficiently finish your automotive, construction or home DIY job. Tools are made with heat-treated alloy steel for outstanding durability and quality.
A molded case helps keep the 85-pc universal Max Axess set organized for grab-and-go use every time. Double snap-down plastic clasps and a heavy-duty plastic handle make the set easily portable with a reduced chance of accidental spills. Screwdriver bits in 20 different sizes help ensure that you can tackle any fastener without the need to rummage for additional tools. A polished finish helps fight corrosion for a set that will last for years.
- Keep everything you need for the most common fasteners in one place with the Craftsman 85-pc universal Max Access tool set
- Ideal for doing projects around your home, keeping in the car for emergencies, or using for your driveway automotive needs
- Molded plastic case keeps everything organized so you can find the tool you need at a glance, saving you time on every job
- Heavy-duty carrying handle and double snap-down clasps make this set easily portable without accidental loss or spills
- Snug fit manipulates fasteners without rounding edges or stripping out screw heads
- Heat-treated steel alloy construction produces long-lasting tools for a set you'll use for years to come
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 10, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The tools are great for the price. Cheaper than the one's ****** sell, and better quality too. Only problem is that the socket extensions are hard as **** to release from the wrench. But, overall they are good to have.
I have used this set breaking down about 3 engines so far and it is great! no more going back and forth to the tool box thanks to the nifty case.These sockets haven't failed me yet on a couple occasions they have grabbed a completely rounded off bolt.I only wish they had larger ratchets and socket sizes.
I've owned and used these for the last six months for work around the home and light automotive repair. I like them very much for what they are. They fit regular hex nuts very well and are not a compromise there. The low profile ratchet/socket combo is also great. The only liability is that they cannot do all the jobs a regular set can because Sears has not yet provided all the supplementary pieces that would be required. You cannot do jobs that require a torque wrench, universal joint, very long extensions, wobble adapters, etc. The lack of a compatible torque wrench is especially frustrating. Sears should either plan to release these additions or sell an adapter that makes these sockets backward compatible with traditional ratchet heads. The Max Axess sets come with adapters to make your old sockets work with these ratchets, but not vice versa. This is a serious deficiency. For what they are, they are great, but they could be much more.
Colorado Springs, CO
I got this tool set to put in the jeep when I go off road. It dose the trick for most the jobs I can do trail side and with the need for deep sockets eliminated I cut the number of tools I need to carry in half.
Miami Beach, FL
I HAVE USED THEM ON CAR REPAIRES AND HOME NO PROBLEMS SO FAR .ALL THE SIZES OF THE SOCKETS FIT SNUG IN THE RATCHETS ONLY PROBLEM THAT I FOUND NOT MADE IN THE U.S.A. CHINA BUT SEEMS TO BE GOOD QUALITY SET FOR HOME AND MAYBE PROFESSIONAL USE.
This is a great tool set. Not only does it come in a nice case, it has two different sizes. It also comes in standard and metric wish is so cool. Each socket has easy to read sizing printed on them and the black color is really nice. With it being craftsman, I will be enjoying this set for years to come.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.