Craftsman 9 pc. Metric 12 pt. Full Polish Long Pattern Combination Wrench SetItem# 00947239000 | Model# 47239
Specifications & Dimensions
|Number Of Points:||12|
|Quantity in Set:||9|
|Color/Finish:||Full polish finish|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Full unlimited|
Ratings & Reviews
Professional 9 Pc. Metric Combination Wrench Set for Automotive Basics
Metric fasteners are a part of everyday life for most mechanics and automotive hobbyists, and the Craftsman professional 9 pc. metric combination wrench set makes the easy to manipulate. These wrenches feature long handles and a single-piece construction for outstanding leverage even on tough bolts. The long pattern on the open head makes it easier to reach bolt heads in tight or otherwise inaccessible areas. A box end on each wrench lets you choose the best option for maneuverability for every bolt.
This professional 9 pc. metric combination wrench set consists of nine of the most common metric sizes, ranging from 8mm to 18mm. High-quality construction gives a snug fit on each bolt, making it easier to manipulate without slipping or rounding out the bolt. Each wrench is made from tempered steel alloy for heavy use without cracking or breaking. If one breaks, it's covered by the Craftsman unlimited warranty. A full polish finish keeps the set looking professional while guarding against corrosion.
- Add another option for working with nine common sizes of bolt with the Craftsman professional 9 pc. metric combination wrench set, which includes wrenches from 8mm to 18mm
- Long handle and long open-head pattern make it easy to reach bolts in tight areas without losing leverage
- Use a 12-point box head or 3-point open head for the best fit for every bolt
- One-piece design offers efficient torque transfer to easily loosen tough bolts without damaging your tools
- Snug fit prevents rounding or stripping the bolt head so it's just as easy to work with next time
- Covered by the Craftsman unlimited warranty, ensuring that your purchase is a solid investment for your tool collection that will last forever
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
These look and feel much better than the typical Craftsman combo wrenches. They are smooth, with nice looking chrome, and are longer than conventional wrenches.
The Dalles, OR
These wrenches are fantastic if you get them at the sale price of $15-20 or use your SYRW points. However, I still prefer my old USA made Craftsman combo wrenches as they have a better feel and a tremendously snug fit on the fastener (the box end side). As with all China made Craftsman wrenches, I would never use the open end side to turn a tight fastener, unless I was looking to practice stripped bolt removal procedures. In sum, a great set of wrenches to have foe $20 or under.
Fall River, MA
This wrench set was on sale for 19.99... how can anyone not buy it? I didn't even need them but couldn't pass it up. Polished wrench with a good working length,very sturdy and comfortable to use.I would recommend these wrenches to professional or weekend hobbyist ( I use mine daily)
This 9 pc metric craftsman set of wrenches provides both value and versatility for all types of jobs. Each wrench size is easy to identify. They have a good look and feel to them. They will provide you with many years of use. I tell everyone that this set is worth having and is well worth the price and has a lifetime guarantee. My Dad is 75 years old and he has still his first craftsman set of wrenches he got when he was 16 years old.
The wrenches have clearly changed since the move from US to Chinese manufacturing. The US made were good basic tools......since the offshore move, for whatever reason they have had to add bulk to the open end of the wrench. I would guess because of softer steel, but, that would JUST be a guess. The smaller sizes are of additional length when compared to a standard raised panel.....but the larger wrenches are not "long pattern". For the price and for occasional DIY use, they may be fine, but, the Craftsman line of tools has clearly suffered since the move to offshore manufacturing.
The chinese made set has a large open end and thick beam. These wrenches are longer than the regular wrenches. The finish on these are okay but not as good as the usa made ones
Weak finish,lobster claw open end thick box end useless for tight spaces.I have lots of Craftsman Professional tools love them.Wanted to finish set through open stock now replacing them.Compared side by side with the USA stamped wrenches these are terrible.Sears please get the message-DO NOT OUTSOURCE YOUR TOP OF THE LINE TOOLS-this level of quality doesn't cut it.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.