Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.0 lbs.|
|Included with Item:|
|Shut Off Valve:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
WATER TIMERS can simplify the time-consuming process of watering. Water timers also keep your garden and lawn healthier by providing consistent, measured watering. Craftsman offers a full range of water timers, from the one-step simple mechanical timer to fully programmable electronic water timers.
- Part of a new premium family of attractive and easy to use water timers
- Superior ease of use; rotate dial to select watering time- no programming required
- 6 pre-set watering selections plus ON/OFF (selections compatible with most municipal water restriction times)
- Designed for convenience, it automatically shuts off water - never forget to turn off your sprinkler again
- Helps consumers reduce water waste
- Digital LCD time display
- Reliable diaphragm design replaces ball valve and provides for a longer battery life
- Extra large, easy to grip, soft rubber swivel coupling and dial with rubber grips
- For non-commercial use only 2 "AA" batteries required (not included)
- Packaged in water-resistant self-standing clam shell that is also peggable
- Manual on/off option
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Worked for about a year then stopped working. Upon further inspection, the so called water tight housing wasn't so water tight. The channel that goes through the unit that attaches to the inner water stop mechanism cracked and the inside of the device flooded with water essentially shorting out the electrical components. Not happy. This was a father's day gift too. Very disappointed.
Port Saint Lucie, FL
This timer is super ease of use; it does exactly what it's supposed to do and is extremely easy to program. I set up a drip irrigation system for my garden and patio plants so I never have to worry about remembering to water them again. No issues with the timer.
I have always been up with the sun to water my plants...before my morning tea even! This is programmed to water my plants while I enjoy my tea on the porch. No more stumbling around the yard groggy. Simple programming.
White Plains, NY
Based on the name and description of this product I was worried that you had to choose from specific watering patterns but this is totally flexible. You can choose any start/stop times and have it repeat every day, every other day, etc. It's very simple to set up and operate. The only downside is that the coverage area of your sprinkler will decrease a little when the timer is attached but I'm guessing that will happen with any extra attachment.
I have used a few different brands and types of timers, and this one is the best so far. Very easy to operate and use. Still no problems even after almost an entire season of daily use. While I was starting my grass seed, I had it run for 45 minutes, twice daily, 12 hours apart. Now I just run it once a day at night for 1 hour. The screen seemed to get a little warm and I think caused some liquid crystal to bleed out, but it is still easy to read.
The Sears Craftsman Water Timer works great. I purchased two (one for the front, one for the back), and set them up to run at different times so that the lawn can be watered in the morning. My biggest concern is that this would dependably hold back the water and only run when scheduled. I have not yet had any issues. Pros + Easy to program + Batteries last a while + Strong metal female hose adapter + The display can rotate separately from the hose connections, so you can rotate it to see better after attaching hose ends. Cons - It does not AUTOMATICALLY sense that it rained and start the rain delay timer. YOU have to tell is to wait some number of days because you know that it did or will rain. - Would be better if the male screw end was also metal. - It triggers a hard start/stop of the water, not gradual like you would get rotating the spigot. This means that you may hear a loud banging/hammering of your pipes when the unit starts/stops.
The programmable water timer is a time saver for anyone wanting to "try" to remember when to water! The set up is very simple and accurate. The rain delay option is quite helpful when those summer showers begin It was a good purchase
This Craftsman pre-set water timer is excellent. I had no issues programming it and did not experience any leaks after my first few weeks of use. Highly recommended when on sale.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.