Specifications & Dimensions
|Handle Type:||Side, Ergonomic comfort grip|
|Number of Handles:||2|
Ratings & Reviews
This Craftsman Fixed Base Router Cuts with Precision
Designed to deliver the smooth, accurate performance you need, this ¾ horse power router combines dual full view windows with a precision machined base and a soft starting motor that eliminates jerking. Featuring a die cast aluminum body and machined steel motor sleeve, it balances lightweight performance and durability, while the replaceable carbon brushes ensure a long, powerful service life. Easy to change bits with a spring loaded spindle and built to deliver precision height adjustments of just 1/64th an inch, this fixed base router delivers fast, accurate performance. Add it to your shop, and get the cut you need to get the job done right.
- Craftsman fixed base router includes: Includes Router, fixed Base, 1/4" collet, vacuum attachment, chip deflector, sub base, screws and collet wrench
- Soft start technology prevents router take off as the Craftsman motor slowly increases to its full capacity of 25,000 RPM
- Positive cam locking buckle system secures the router bit at the desired height and prevents the router from self-adjusting during use
- Die cast aluminum upper and lower motor housing is lightweight, yet provides strength. Steel machined motor sleeve houses the mandrel and gearbox
- Allows for micro-height adjustments in 1/64-inch increments by simply turning the height adjustment knob
- Ergonomic tear drop handles ergonomically designed handles reduce vibration and user fatigue while providing a superior grip and feel at virtually any position
- Dual full-view windows provides a clear sight-line to the router bit and work surface from both the front or rear of the router. Chip deflector keeps the debris contained and away from the operator. The router also can be attached to a 1 1/4-inch vacuum adaptor
- Heavy-duty precision machined router base with clear sub-base provides a level platform to properly secure and level the appropriate router sub-base. Clear router sub-bases are designed to help illuminate the work area as well as for proper debris extraction. Router sub-base are universal and will also accept steel threaded router bushings
- Spring loaded spindle locking mechanism spring loaded spindle lock is located in the front of the router for easy removal of the router bit or router collet with the use of one wrench
- Replaceable Carbon Brushes for long, dependable service (replacement brushes available separately)
- 1 Year / 90 Day Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 29, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased this router as the set with the table. Table was fine but I used the router less than 2 hours before the adjusting assy got to the point that you couldn't move the depth up or down. Took it back and had it replaced after some hassle set up the new table and router only to have it do the opposite of the first one everytime you tried to adjust the micro adjustment the router unit would drop 1/4 to 1/2 " sometimes it would drop as soon as you opened the locking lever. spend a little more and buy the better unit and leave this one alone
Purchased this router in February of 2014. I used it twice (for a total of 20 minutes) and the motor bruned up. Took it back to the store and they told me I had to send it to the repair center. Very unhappy with the customer service also.
This is craftsman's lowest price router but maybe it's their best value.It cuts clean and smooth. The motor is powerfull enough for most projects and it seems to work just fine.Just remember: a clean router is a happy router and it will last for years.
Project: barnwood picture frames for my sister and myself. Problem: how to make a rabbeted edge. Solution: go to local Sears store and ask for a recommendation. This router is small enough to be easy for me to use and has done quite well in cutting old barn wood.
Los Angeles, CA
I needed a router to cut a slot in the side of my TV cabinet because my new TV was wider. The directions are very lengthy and detailed but I was eventually able to set the bit. But when I was making my cut, the bit jumped and cut deeper.
Virginia Beach, VA
Of all of the Craftsman Routers that you can purchase (even the cheaper one that comes with the Router Table) this one does not have a power indicator like all of the others have. Also the Lock and Release mechanism for adjusting the depth of cut allows the mandrel to drop abruptly (if mounted under the Router Table and the last adjustment was to raise the Mandrel) when released.
Craftsman sells some really nice tools, yet their reputation continues to dwindle. That is because too many tools, like this router, have infiltrated their catalog. This router vibrates excessively, making it harder to control, and can't hold its depth settings. This router was included in a router table package. Otherwise, I never would have bought it. My other c'man router is a gem. I would highly advise buying cman's higher-end routers. I own the next cheapest router and its light years better than this one. Just pay the extra few bucks and don't look back. - Note: Don't buy a small, whimpy router then complain that it won't accomodate large bits. They sell much larger routers for that purpose.
Ive read The previous comments and i must say, For the price you pay for this. its well worth it.. And to the comment about the base plate being to small.. Its Plastic And Made to fit What ever bit You have It Will Shape By Slowly Adjusing router with Your larger bit to shape the hole to the size you need !!!!
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.