Specifications & Dimensions
|Handle Type:||Side, Ergonomic comfort grip|
|Number of Handles:||2|
Ratings & Reviews
This Craftsman Fixed Base Router Cuts with Precision
Designed to deliver the smooth, accurate performance you need, this ¾ horse power router combines dual full view windows with a precision machined base and a soft starting motor that eliminates jerking. Featuring a die cast aluminum body and machined steel motor sleeve, it balances lightweight performance and durability, while the replaceable carbon brushes ensure a long, powerful service life. Easy to change bits with a spring loaded spindle and built to deliver precision height adjustments of just 1/64th an inch, this fixed base router delivers fast, accurate performance. Add it to your shop, and get the cut you need to get the job done right.
- Craftsman fixed base router includes: Includes Router, fixed Base, 1/4" collet, vacuum attachment, chip deflector, sub base, screws and collet wrench
- Soft start technology prevents router take off as the Craftsman motor slowly increases to its full capacity of 25,000 RPM
- Positive cam locking buckle system secures the router bit at the desired height and prevents the router from self-adjusting during use
- Die cast aluminum upper and lower motor housing is lightweight, yet provides strength. Steel machined motor sleeve houses the mandrel and gearbox
- Allows for micro-height adjustments in 1/64-inch increments by simply turning the height adjustment knob
- Ergonomic tear drop handles ergonomically designed handles reduce vibration and user fatigue while providing a superior grip and feel at virtually any position
- Dual full-view windows provides a clear sight-line to the router bit and work surface from both the front or rear of the router. Chip deflector keeps the debris contained and away from the operator. The router also can be attached to a 1 1/4-inch vacuum adaptor
- Heavy-duty precision machined router base with clear sub-base provides a level platform to properly secure and level the appropriate router sub-base. Clear router sub-bases are designed to help illuminate the work area as well as for proper debris extraction. Router sub-base are universal and will also accept steel threaded router bushings
- Spring loaded spindle locking mechanism spring loaded spindle lock is located in the front of the router for easy removal of the router bit or router collet with the use of one wrench
- Replaceable Carbon Brushes for long, dependable service (replacement brushes available separately)
- 1 Year / 90 Day Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 29, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased this router as the set with the table. Table was fine but I used the router less than 2 hours before the adjusting assy got to the point that you couldn't move the depth up or down. Took it back and had it replaced after some hassle set up the new table and router only to have it do the opposite of the first one everytime you tried to adjust the micro adjustment the router unit would drop 1/4 to 1/2 " sometimes it would drop as soon as you opened the locking lever. spend a little more and buy the better unit and leave this one alone
Project: barnwood picture frames for my sister and myself. Problem: how to make a rabbeted edge. Solution: go to local Sears store and ask for a recommendation. This router is small enough to be easy for me to use and has done quite well in cutting old barn wood.
Los Angeles, CA
I needed a router to cut a slot in the side of my TV cabinet because my new TV was wider. The directions are very lengthy and detailed but I was eventually able to set the bit. But when I was making my cut, the bit jumped and cut deeper.
Virginia Beach, VA
Of all of the Craftsman Routers that you can purchase (even the cheaper one that comes with the Router Table) this one does not have a power indicator like all of the others have. Also the Lock and Release mechanism for adjusting the depth of cut allows the mandrel to drop abruptly (if mounted under the Router Table and the last adjustment was to raise the Mandrel) when released.
Craftsman sells some really nice tools, yet their reputation continues to dwindle. That is because too many tools, like this router, have infiltrated their catalog. This router vibrates excessively, making it harder to control, and can't hold its depth settings. This router was included in a router table package. Otherwise, I never would have bought it. My other c'man router is a gem. I would highly advise buying cman's higher-end routers. I own the next cheapest router and its light years better than this one. Just pay the extra few bucks and don't look back. - Note: Don't buy a small, whimpy router then complain that it won't accomodate large bits. They sell much larger routers for that purpose.
Ive read The previous comments and i must say, For the price you pay for this. its well worth it.. And to the comment about the base plate being to small.. Its Plastic And Made to fit What ever bit You have It Will Shape By Slowly Adjusing router with Your larger bit to shape the hole to the size you need !!!!
I have used this router for one project, and it worked well. The problem I had was with the base-plate. I purchase a 4-piece, 9-profile router bit set to use for it. Unfortunately, none of these bits can be used with this router with the current base plate. I had to then go and buy different bits, because the diameter of the bit was too large for the base-plate. I thought this was a little annoying, since they all had 1/4" shank. Now, I am looking to get different base plates, so that I may use the other bits, but so far, I have had no luck. I am considering returning the router, since it is so limiting.
I got one of these to use in my router table and I was unhappy with how fast and out of control it runs, I even tried to use a router speed controller with it to slow it down and make it safer and it won't work with it. If you just had a few things to route this mite do the trick, but if you want a router to do fine work with, spend a little more for the var speed models. I think i'm taking this one back.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.
- Get $10 back in points when placing a tool order online for $99 and choosing free store pick up. Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.