Specifications & Dimensions
|Handle Type:||Side, Ergonomic comfort grip|
|Number of Handles:||2|
Ratings & Reviews
This Craftsman Fixed Base Router Cuts with Precision
Designed to deliver the smooth, accurate performance you need, this ¾ horse power router combines dual full view windows with a precision machined base and a soft starting motor that eliminates jerking. Featuring a die cast aluminum body and machined steel motor sleeve, it balances lightweight performance and durability, while the replaceable carbon brushes ensure a long, powerful service life. Easy to change bits with a spring loaded spindle and built to deliver precision height adjustments of just 1/64th an inch, this fixed base router delivers fast, accurate performance. Add it to your shop, and get the cut you need to get the job done right.
- Craftsman fixed base router includes: Includes Router, fixed Base, 1/4" collet, vacuum attachment, chip deflector, sub base, screws and collet wrench
- Soft start technology prevents router take off as the Craftsman motor slowly increases to its full capacity of 25,000 RPM
- Positive cam locking buckle system secures the router bit at the desired height and prevents the router from self-adjusting during use
- Die cast aluminum upper and lower motor housing is lightweight, yet provides strength. Steel machined motor sleeve houses the mandrel and gearbox
- Allows for micro-height adjustments in 1/64-inch increments by simply turning the height adjustment knob
- Ergonomic tear drop handles ergonomically designed handles reduce vibration and user fatigue while providing a superior grip and feel at virtually any position
- Dual full-view windows provides a clear sight-line to the router bit and work surface from both the front or rear of the router. Chip deflector keeps the debris contained and away from the operator. The router also can be attached to a 1 1/4-inch vacuum adaptor
- Heavy-duty precision machined router base with clear sub-base provides a level platform to properly secure and level the appropriate router sub-base. Clear router sub-bases are designed to help illuminate the work area as well as for proper debris extraction. Router sub-base are universal and will also accept steel threaded router bushings
- Spring loaded spindle locking mechanism spring loaded spindle lock is located in the front of the router for easy removal of the router bit or router collet with the use of one wrench
- Replaceable Carbon Brushes for long, dependable service (replacement brushes available separately)
- 1 Year / 90 Day Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 29, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased this router as the set with the table. Table was fine but I used the router less than 2 hoursá before the adjusting assy got to the point that you couldn't move the depth up or down. Took it back and had it replaced after some hassle set up the new table and router only to have it do the opposite of the first one everytime you tried to adjust the micro adjustment the router unit would drop 1/4 to 1/2 " sometimes it would drop as soon as you opened the locking lever. spend a little more and buy the better unit and leave this one alone
It is perfect for home use. In my garage it is nice addition to my tools. it is small enough to add in your small garage work. It works perfectly. I love this.
I purchased this router to replace a similar Porter Cable router that I had mounted on my router table. I use this to do fine profiles for trim pieces on cabinets I have built. Seems to work just fine, priced right, and has been used daily since I purchased it 2 weeks ago.
the fixed base router take u too another level . the craftsman's ship is out standing for even a beginner ! you don't have to spend a lot too improve your home projects. the only thing you need too buy are your bits , that where you need to know what kind ! because; sad too say the router doesn't come with not a one ,booooooo lol .
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I picked this up because the older 1HP craftsman model my dad passed down to me had issues with the screw that tightened and held the fixed base at a fixed height while making passes in the stock. I thought that since it was probably older than I am it was time to get one of my own. I really like the macro and micro adjustment knobs, the larger movement is tricky at first to adjust because the weight of the motor but once you get it close the fine adjuster can move 1/2" up or down in increments on 1/16" at a time very good for getting just the right depth. I use a very limited very low end set of five bits: round over, V, 1/4" & 1/2" straight, key hole. This router makes smoother lines in fewer passes and i haven't changed to new bits yet.
Excellent Router and great price. Also purchased a small pack of assorted bits to try and very pleased with how the router performs. I would recommend this for a person starting their woodworking hobby.
This router was purchased to go with the Craftsman router table I previously purchased. Although I have only used it a few times so far, I can not believe what a great router this has been. I was surprised at how quiet it is. For the money, this router cant be beat.
Purchased this router in February of 2014. I used it twice (for a total of 20 minutes) and the motor bruned up. Took it back to the store and they told me I had to send it to the repair center. Very unhappy with the customer service also.
This is craftsman's lowest price router but maybe it's their best value.It cuts clean and smooth. The motor is powerfull enough for most projects and it seems to work just fine.Just remember: a clean router is a happy router and it will last for years.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.