Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||24.5|
|Air Outlet Size:||1/4 in.|
|Electrical Phase Type:||Single phase|
|Maximum Operating Pressure (psi.):||135|
|Compressor Tank Capacity (gal.):||.5|
|Number of Pumps:||1|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman AirBoss™ 1.2 Gallon Oil-less Air Compressor and Hose Kit
The compact size and light weight of the Craftsman 1.2 Gallon air compressor make it ideal for work on any level. Delivering 1.8 SCFM @ 90 PSI, this compressor will power any finish nailer or stapler and is perfect for inflating car, truck and RV tires.
Featuring Craftsman’s oil less pump technology with sound filtration, this compressor uses no oil and noise is reduced to only 73 decibels for a cleaner and quieter environment. The 120 Volt electric motor provides fast recovery from 110 PSI to 135 PSI in only 15 seconds.
This Craftsman compressor also features dual air outlets for tools and inflation. The quick-connect outlet provides an easy connection for an air hose to power tools and accessories.
The dedicated inflation outlet includes a 6' inflation hose with Thumb-Lock air chuck, so it is always ready to inflate .
Additional standard features include a robust metal handle and impact resistant shroud for added durability. Built-in storage for air hose, power cord and accessories for added convenience between work sites. Draining the tank is quick and easy thanks to a ball-valve tank drain that requires only a 1/4 turn. The compressor kit includes a 25' coil air hose and a 6 piece inflation kit.
- 120 Volt 12 Amp electric motor provides fast recovery from 110 PSI to 135 PSI in only 15 seconds
- Max pressure of 135 PSI and air delivery of 1.8 SCFM @ 90 PSI this compressor will power any finish nailer or stapler and is perfect for inflating car, truck and RV tires
- Oil less pump technology with sound filtration, the compressor uses no oil and reduces noise to only 73 decibels for a cleaner and quieter environment
- Dual air outlets for tools and inflation - includes a 6' inflation hose with Thumb-Lock air chuck
- Metal handle and impact resistant shroud for added durability
- Ball-valve tank drain makes draining the tank quick and easy requiring only a 1/4 turn
- Built-in storage for air hose, power cord and accessories for added convenience between work sites
- Includes a 25' coil air hose and a 6 piece inflation kit
- Craftsman 1 Year warranty
Specifications & Dimensions
- Air Outlet Size: 1/4 in.
- Drain System: Manual
- Electrical Phase Type: Single phase
- Lubrication Type: Oil-free
- Portability: Portable
- Color/Finish: Craftsman Red
- Electric Rating: 110-120V AC
- Power Type: Electric
- Safety Enhancements:
- Safety Shut Off: Yes
- Cord Length (ft.): 6
- Number of Wheels: 0
- Amps: 12
- Horsepower: 0.75
- Maximum Operating Pressure (psi.): 135
- Stages: One stage
- SCFM Delivery At 40 psi: 2.7
- SCFM Delivery At 90 psi: 1.8
- Compressor Tank Capacity (gal.): 1.2
- Tank Style: Hot-dog
- Number of Pumps: 1
- Pump Life (hrs.): 150
- Pump Style: Piston
- Pump Type: UMC Design
- CETL Listed: Yes
- UL Listed: No
- Item Weight (lbs.): 19.6
Added on September 24, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Saint Paul, MN
I wanted a small air pump for car and bike tires. I liked the small size and compact design of this model so I bought one. I would not call it quiet but I have certainly heard louder air pumps. The noise level is tolerable. The motor runs a fair amount when pumping car tires but I expected that due to the small tank. My big concern is when pumping up high pressure bike tires. I have three bikes, all of which have 80-100psi tires. The air pressure coming from the outlet controlled by the pressure adjustment valve is HIGHLY erratic. Sometimes I can only get 50psi out of it even if it is set to output 100psi or higher. Even if I do have set to 100psi or beyond, the output rarely gets close to that. It is so erratic I may exchange the unit. If I use the output takes air directly from the tank (not controlled by the valve) it can pop a 100psi bike tube in an instant if you aren't careful. Unfortunately I had to pop a couple of bike tubes before I figured out what I needed to change when using this air pump. Will I keep it? Yes, probably because my garage is packed and I simply don't have much space. Do I recommend it? Yes, as long as people understand that pumping up bike tire up to 80-100psi can be tricky, challenging and slightly frustrating.
Plain City, OH
Positives are it's light and takes up little space and charges its small tank in roughly 30 seconds. The negatives are that it's reasonably loud and holds so little air that it basically needs to constantly run to keep up with demand. I wanted to use it portably for car tires but it completely emptied the tank taking 1 tire from 24psi to 34psi. I wouldn't even think of running air tools with it unless you want to hear it run all the time.
I use it to blow out client computers and it works great for this and to blow up tires. I have not used it with air tools, but doubt that it would be strong enough to do this. Sears even gave me $5.00 back when they couldn't get it to me in pickup in less than 5 minutes.
I use it for work on small jobs, it runs all my nailers just fine even my framing nailer if I only need to shoot a strip or two. Does cycle constanly under heavy use it is only a 1.2 gal tank, but it fills fairly quickly around 30 sec from 0-135 psi. Its a bit quieter then your average compressor sounds like a little 12v tire inflater and its super light and portable. Don't expect it to be something is not its a small cheap portable compressor for very light duty work and it Excels at that from what I have seen so far. As for how long it will last will have to be seen specs say 150 hr pump life, if it runs that long its a good valve for the money. Great little compress for a diy weekender or for the professional who needs a small light duty portable compressor for those punch lists or small jobs.
Kansas City, MO
Bought this to carry in my RV motorhome. RV tires are high pressure, 80 psi and it is critical to keep them inflated properly. I do not want to be driving around looking for a service station with an air hose, only to find it is not working. This unit inflates my RV tires quickly with ease. It is 18 lbs. lighter than the pancake models making it much easier to carry and less weight in the RV. It comes with all the accessories I need, hose and chucks. I didn't need to purchase anything additional except a good quality tire gauge.
It's cute. Nothing more than an expensive air pump. The quick connect is useless with a 1 gallon tank and a motor that can keep up. Won't run the lightest of tools.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
My parents are moving to fluoridate for retirement. And did not want to lug a huge compressor with them while also being able to fill up tires and the grand kids pool toys. Perfect size!
Good useful air compressor for the home. This is of compact size and takes very little space in my garage for storage. It looks cool in the shape, and works well for me to inflate tires.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.