Craftsman AssureLink™ Internet Connected DC Chain Drive Garage Door Opener - No Annual Fees, Free App DownloadItem# 00930437000 | Model# 30437
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|General Warranty:||10 Year Limited Motor/2 Year Limited Parts|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||36.75|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||DC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||No|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Open Door Monitor:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Experience ultimate control and peace of mind with the Internet-Connected Garage Door Opener. No Annual Fees and Free App Download!
The Craftsman AssureLink™ Garage Door Opener brings mobile communication to one of the main entrances of your home. Are you away and can’t remember if the garage door is open or closed? Ever accidentally leave the garage door open? Now you can monitor and operate your garage door from anywhere. Using the Craftsman AssureLink* mobile app on your smartphone, tablet or portable computing device, you can control your garage door via the Internet and get better peace of mind.
The Internet Connected Garage Door Opener is designed for the 21st century homeowner. Best of all, you don't need to add more devices to your growing collection. It's compatible with many already existing technologies, like MyQ™ home activation products or in-vehicle HomeLink® remote control systems. Most importantly, this garage door opener is bundled with several security and safety features. The PosiLock® theft protection system securely locks the garage door to prevent intruders from entering. And the Protector System® sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
DC Motor with Soft Start-Stop
- Provides smooth, ultra quiet operation of the opener. Ideal for garages with living areas nearby.
- The chain is rugged and industrial-strength to insure years of dependable performance.
Craftsman AssureLink Internet Gateway
- Allows you to monitor and operate your garage door from anywhere with your internet-enabled smartphone, cell phone, laptop, or tablet via the free Craftsman AssureLink mobile app or web-interface.
- Perfect for those times when you are away from home and can’t remember if you have closed your garage door.
- Allows you to provide access to your home (via garage door) as needed for family, friends, deliveries, etc. when you aren’t at home.
Premium Motion Detecting Wall Console
- Operates the opener from inside the garage
- Allows for easy programming of remotes, keypads, and light and lock settings through buttons on the control panel
- Turns on the opener lights when movement is sensed
- This feature (built into the wall console) may be quickly programmed to automatically close the garage door after 1, 5, or 10 minutes.
- Ensures the highest level of safety, the garage door opener lights will flash and a warning alarm will sound when closing the door through the AssureLink Gateway or the Timer-to-Close feature alerting anyone in the area is notified that the door is closing.
Tri-Frequency Radio System
- Multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- Automatic sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power when the opener is not in use making the unit more environmentally friendly.
Automatic Force Settings
- The opener automatically monitors, sets and adjusts (as needed) the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
Push Button Electronic Limits
- Easier than old-style screw terminals for setting the optimal open or close travel distance of your garage door.
MyQ™ Technology Compatible
- This unit is compatible with other home activation products enabled with MyQ technology.
- Compatible with the in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information)
Quick Install Rail System
- Provides faster and easier installation. The rail assembles in 60 seconds.
- Safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object
- Theft protection system securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage
Anti-burglary Coding Technology
- Assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used
Included in the box:
- Power unit, wall console, safety sensors, rail, hardware, owner’s manual
- Two (2) 3-function remotes, perfect for multi-car families
- One (1) Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN. Includes the convenient one button to close feature.
- AssureLink Gateway
Professional installation available
Extension kits to complete installation for 8’ (9-53726) and 10’ (9-53727) doors are available.
10-year Limited Motor Warranty
2-year Limited Parts Warranty
Added on September 01, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Saratoga Springs, NY
This thing is so silent, even my contractor was amazed. There is no service fee on it at all, so you can ignore the reviews because it must be an old version. It was so easy to set up and the auto light for detecting motion is incredibly convenient. I would buy this all over again.
Las Vegas, NV
The garage door opener portion of this item works well. Push the button on the included remote(s) and the door opens or closes. No problem. But, if you want to use the Homelink built into your car to open or close your garage door, most likely you will run into a problem. Then you will discover an added expense to purchase a repeater to get it to work. Not good at all. If you don't want to run into this problem, check other brands before you buy to make sure their Homelink actually works with your vehicle. It's just another $40-50 bucks to spend to get something to work that should be designed into the product in the first place. Very disappointed.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Won't work with the Homelink in my cars (Acura and MINI) without a separate transmitter that isn't included and you only find out about it when you call for help in getting the thing programmed. App is clunky and requires a seaprate login each time you use it. The basic garage door opener is fine, but the tech and Homelink features fail.
Saint Louis, MO
I did quite a bit of research on garage door openers before buying this model. I have 2 vehicles with built in garage door openers that I wanted to use in addition to the 2 provided remotes. So I used the link provided on the Sears ad to determine if my vehicles were compatible with the unit and both were. Or at least they both were until I installed the garage door opener and tried to program them. My truck is specified as a vehicle that can be programmed but it does not work. When I called the help line I was informed that my truck is not compatible with this unit but for about $50 bucks they can help me. No thanks. Then I programmed my wife's van and the 2 remotes would not work anymore. So I reprogrammed the remotes and the van unit does not work now. What the heck? The exterior remote is very cheap plastic that I don't expect to last more than a year outdoors. Oh, and by the way it lost its programming when I tried to set program the van also. The AssureLink internet connection works well......sometimes. On the up side, the door opener is much more quiet than expected.
The garage door opener itself is outstanding. The quality is amazing as are most things Craftsman but it also has an phone app I can manage from my phone that can allow me to shut the garage door, if left open, from anywhere. That safety feature alone is worth buying this. The downside. While I was installing it I forgot to make time for my fantasy football team. By the time I checked it was too late. It was already 4:27. Unfortunately I forgot to start C.J. Spiller for Zac Stacy. Had I started Spiller I would have beat my opponent by 2 points. But I digress. My point is this garage door opener is a real winner but never get too busy for fantasy football.
I thought this was going to be a noisy GDO because of the chain, but it is smooth and quiet. You will need some help, and possibly extra hanging bars. Good Price for this product, I have not tried the Home Link, yet.
Putting all components together was easy and did not take a lot of time. Once I made some minor adjustments to the settings the system worked perfectly and is very quiet.
I bought this item to replace my old chain unit, wanting something quieter, and having the Assurelink technology. Well it sounded great, but after I got it home and installed, I found out that the Assurelink is only free for the first year. (After that, $20 per year) If I would have known that before my purchase, I would have purchased a Chamberlain, which has free lifetime MyQ technology, as well as a lifetime warranty on the motor and belt. Craftsman, which is made by Chamberlain, only warranties those components for 10 yrs. So come on Sears? What happened to you? Your business model is not working anymore. Get with the program.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.