Craftsman AssureLink Garage Door Opener Smartphone Control Kit (No service fees, free app download)Sears Exclusive. | Item# 00953999000 | Model# 53999
Specifications & Dimensions
|Accessory Type:||Remote Control|
|Brand/Model Compatibility:||Craftsman Garage door openers made since 1998 (see compatibility chart)|
|Package Contents:||AssureLink Gateway, Motion Detecting Wall Control, 3 ft. Ethernet cord, Power Cord. Owner's Manual|
|Number of Batteries Included:||None|
|Number of Batteries Required:||None|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 Year Limited|
Ratings & Reviews
Open. Close. From Anywhere.
Did you close your garage door? Are you sure? Never worry again with the Craftsman AssureLink Garage Door Opener Smartphone Control Kit. This kit allows you to upgrade your existing Craftsman garage door opener (see compatibility chart) to monitor and control your garage door with your smartphone using AssureLink connectivity. Use your internet-enabled smartphone, laptop, or tablet via the Craftsman AssureLink mobile app or web-interface. Best of all, no service fees and the app is free to download!
Quick and Easy Setup in Minutes!
- Simply replace the current wall console of your existing Craftsman garage door opener with the new AssureLink Motion Detecting wall console
- Connect the AssureLink Gateway to your internet router
- Setup your AssureLink account on-line and then download the free app from your smartphone’s app store
Craftsman AssureLink Internet Gateway
- Allows you to monitor and operate your garage door from anywhere with your internet-enabled smartphone, laptop, or tablet via the Free Craftsman AssureLink mobile app or web-interface.
- Connects to your internet router to enable communication to and from the garage door opener
- Perfect for those times when you are away from home and can’t remember if you have closed your garage door.
- Allows you to provide access to your home (via garage door) as needed for family, friends, deliveries, etc. when you aren’t at home.
Multi-Function Motion Detecting Wall Console
- Multi-function console allows for operation of the opener from inside the garage, turns opener lights on and off, lock/vacation button to “lock out” remotes when away from the home for extended periods of time
- Turns on the opener lights when movement is sensed in the garage
- Features Timer-to-Close
- This feature (built into the wall console) may be quickly programmed to automatically close the garage door after 1, 5, or 10 minutes
- Features Alert-to-Close
- Ensures the highest level of safety, the garage door opener lights will flash and a warning alarm will sound when closing the door through the AssureLink Gateway or the Timer-to-Close feature alerting anyone in the area is notified that the door is closing.
Set and Receive Automatic Alerts - Anytime, Anywhere
- Set and receive notification vial e-mail and/or smartphone push notification when the status of your garage door changes
- Multiple alerts can be configured at one time and customized to your needs
Included in the box:
- Multi-Function Motion-Detecting Wall Control
- AssureLink Gateway
- 3 ft. Ethernet cable
- Power cord
- Owner’s Manual
1-year Limited Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on June 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
doesn't work as advertised. Literature states it is compatible with all openers manufactured after 1998, which isn't true. It should say some, but I eventually found the compatible list, it wasn't easy.
We had the misfortune of buying a house that has one of these pieces of garbage installed. You took one of the simplest things ever, press a button and your garage door opens, and made it incredibly complicated. hook it up to the internet, only through an ethernet cable, pay an annual service fee, can I please just open my **** garage? I'm ripping this thing out and replacing it. I'm going to think long and hard about ever buying any sears product again after this.
Assurelink keeps telling me my Correct password is incorrect. I have reset it and am SURE that it is correct. This has happened multiple times. I cant even find a telephone number to call other then 1-8004myhome which is useless.
This was an easy product to install. It took about 5 minutes to replace my existing control panel. Another 5 to setup the Gateway. For those concerned about the ethernet cable, worry no more. The gateway transmits to your garage door opener via a 900mhz signal. I live in a two story home and the gateway is upstairs next to my router. The door opens without a hiccup when I use the app. There also does not appear to be any annual costs to use this service. This is a great upgrade for any home. I recommend this product for the convinience it offers and its quick setup.
Super easy setup. You ONLY need to plug the gateway in to your router. The gateway is then able to communicate with the control console WIRELESLY. You do NOT need to run a long Ethernet cable to the garage. App also works great. So far, nothing in my email about a $20 fee after the first year. Good Job Sears in allowing me to UPGRADE my opener without the need to actually replace it.
Chino Hills, CA
Craftsman/Chamberlain please please fire your engineering team!! Who in the world wants to pull ethernet cable to the garage just to connect this? Please don't tell me for security issues!! If they can hack your wif, then they can still they control of your AssureLink wither it's on ethernet or not! I was going to buy this kit until I saw the ethernet port!!! Please Please Please!!! Everything is wireless now days, even the garage remote is wireless, why ethernet cable now???
Easy to install. Love being able to check the door from my phone or computer when I am away. It has great features like the timer you can set to close the door after it has been raised and I love the motion sensor for the light so there is no need to turn on the garage lights. Great addition to my garage door opener.
Setup was fairly easy, and it's nice having the ability to open/close my two garage doors via the web, or the phone app. The app can sometimes be a bit buggy, sometimes it looses your passcode settings (requires re log-in), or other times just wont connect at all unless you close the app completely via task list, then reopen the app. Now for what makes me ANGRY about Sears/Assurelink: 1- The advertising states (copied from website): (No service fees, free app download), when you go through the registration process it states that there is a yearly fee after the first free year. A note on this: It's been over a year and my service hasn't been cut off, nor has it charged me anything. 2- The advertising talks about being able to setup alerts, and the assurelink website where you can control the garage doors does have a whole column for "Events/Alerts". The only problem is - there is NO WAY TO SET THEM UP...As far as I have been able to tell it's an option they plan to implement, but have yet to do. I emailed Craftsman on this, and they sent me a generic reply that links to the video advertising for this system. So I emailed them again, and never received a reply - SEARS FAIL! As I stated earlier I have had the garage door openers that came with this product included. I give the app 3/5 stars because of the log in issues, but otherwise it is solid and works well when there are not any connection issues. Setup was easy, and there is no required maintenance once the garage doors are setup in the system.
Round Lake, IL
I wondered when someone would marry our garage opener with our iPhones! I never did like the idea of giving workers and friends a key or code to the garage just because I was going to be late for an appointment. The convenience and peace of mind to know the door is closed is worth the cost! Now they added the alerts, you also know every time the door is opened/closed! My wife really appreciates me meeting her in the garage to help carry in the groceries! We both thank you!
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Family & Friends Event! Extra 10% off Select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid thru 12/10/2013 9am. Offer ends 09-Dec-2013 See details.