Craftsman AssureLink Garage Door Opener Smartphone Control Kit (No service fees, free app download)Sears Exclusive. | Item# 00953999000 | Model# 53999
Specifications & Dimensions
|Accessory Type:||Remote Control|
|Brand/Model Compatibility:||Craftsman Garage door openers made since 1998 (see compatibility chart)|
|Package Contents:||AssureLink Gateway, Motion Detecting Wall Control, 3 ft. Ethernet cord, Power Cord. Owner's Manual|
|Number of Batteries Included:||None|
|Number of Batteries Required:||None|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 Year Limited|
Ratings & Reviews
Open. Close. From Anywhere.
Did you close your garage door? Are you sure? Never worry again with the Craftsman AssureLink Garage Door Opener Smartphone Control Kit. This kit allows you to upgrade your existing Craftsman garage door opener (see compatibility chart) to monitor and control your garage door with your smartphone using AssureLink connectivity. Use your internet-enabled smartphone, laptop, or tablet via the Craftsman AssureLink mobile app or web-interface. Best of all, no service fees and the app is free to download!
Quick and Easy Setup in Minutes!
- Simply replace the current wall console of your existing Craftsman garage door opener with the new AssureLink Motion Detecting wall console
- Connect the AssureLink Gateway to your internet router
- Setup your AssureLink account on-line and then download the free app from your smartphone’s app store
Craftsman AssureLink Internet Gateway
- Allows you to monitor and operate your garage door from anywhere with your internet-enabled smartphone, laptop, or tablet via the Free Craftsman AssureLink mobile app or web-interface.
- Connects to your internet router to enable communication to and from the garage door opener
- Perfect for those times when you are away from home and can’t remember if you have closed your garage door.
- Allows you to provide access to your home (via garage door) as needed for family, friends, deliveries, etc. when you aren’t at home.
Multi-Function Motion Detecting Wall Console
- Multi-function console allows for operation of the opener from inside the garage, turns opener lights on and off, lock/vacation button to “lock out” remotes when away from the home for extended periods of time
- Turns on the opener lights when movement is sensed in the garage
- Features Timer-to-Close
- This feature (built into the wall console) may be quickly programmed to automatically close the garage door after 1, 5, or 10 minutes
- Features Alert-to-Close
- Ensures the highest level of safety, the garage door opener lights will flash and a warning alarm will sound when closing the door through the AssureLink Gateway or the Timer-to-Close feature alerting anyone in the area is notified that the door is closing.
Set and Receive Automatic Alerts - Anytime, Anywhere
- Set and receive notification vial e-mail and/or smartphone push notification when the status of your garage door changes
- Multiple alerts can be configured at one time and customized to your needs
Included in the box:
- Multi-Function Motion-Detecting Wall Control
- AssureLink Gateway
- 3 ft. Ethernet cable
- Power cord
- Owner’s Manual
1-year Limited Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on June 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Setup easy. The only thing that needs improving is the Craftsman App. It tells you if the door is open or closed, but you have to press the button many times, sometimes you have to log out and back in to get it to work. When it does work it says closing/opening forever until you again close and reopen the app. About the dunce that had the door come down on top of his truck, if the door was adjusted properly, the door would have reversed when it touched the truck. About the other dunce that the lights would come on at random, read the manual. The motion sensor can be turned off. I have the Time To Close feature set at 10 minutes. Plenty of time to start car and back out and insure it closes if you forget. The lights flash and a alarm sounds for 30 seconds before the door closes. One nice feature I would like, a camera. I have some wireless Dlink security cameras ($20 each on sale) one in the garage to record anyone entering the garage. Family and friends have code to wireless keypad, so they can use my pool as they please. Alerts can be set up to notify you by email or app, when the door is opened, closed, left open for an set time. I don't want constant alerts so I'm using the 10 minute to Close option instead.
Easy to install and very user friendly. I love that I can check if garage door indeed closed from anywhere. I also can open and close from anywhere as well. I love this product!
I dont have to worry about that too much any more with the Craftsman AssureLink Garage Door Opener Smartphone Control Kit. Installation of the product was straight forward (The hardest part was removing the old push button control). Setting up an assure link account was a breeze. Paring the unit with the assure link hub was easily done. Now I can check on my garage door from anywhere I have an internet connection! Whan was it last closed? Is it open? No more worries, I can close it from just about anywhere now! The new push button control also features a motion detector to control the opener lights. Now when i go into the garage in the morning the lights automatically click on. Very cool!
I had the auto-close feature set for 10 mins (max time). While working in the garage, I backed my truck out about half way to get access to storage totes. I was on a ladder getting things off the shelf when the door automatically started closing. In a panic, I fell off the ladder. The garage door came down on the roof of my truck making a large dent and scratch. In addition the spring on the garage door broke so I couldn't even get the door off the truck! $3000 damage to truck, $250 for new spring and install by garage door repairman. Embarrassment as the garage door sat on top of my truck for 3 hours waiting for the repairman to come. I concluded the door sensor/laser passed under the truck so the system thought the door way was clear. I did not think about the Hold Open feature and I also had music playing in the garage so I didn't hear the beep from control panel indicating garage door was about to close. Just beware!
Downers Grove, IL
Perhaps the previous reviewers had an older version, because the one I purchased Dec. 2013 made NO mention of any services fees on the box, the instruction manual, or the Assurelink website. In fact, the online FAQ explicitly states: "How much does AssureLink connectivity service cost? There is no charge for Assurelink Connectivity." http://clubdeals.craftsman.com/assurelink/faq/ Furthermore, anyone who thinks you need to run an Ethernet network cable to the garage didn't read the directions. The cable is for connecting the included Internet Gateway to your existing router, wherever that may be. The included 2 ft. Ethernet cable is all you need. Mine sits right next to my router. The Internet Gateway then communicates WIRELESSLY to the garage door opener control panel. That said, this product works perfectly right out of the box. I can check the status of the door including how long it's been open/closed using any PC's web browser or on my Android phone. I also like the TTC (Time-To-Close) function on the control panel. You can see the door to auto-close after 1, 5, or 10 minutes. There is also an override "HOLD" button and a LOCK function, if needed. It really has everything you need. Since I was replacing an existing Craftsman control panel, I used the existing screws and holes since they were both 3.25" apart from each other. The only thing that isn't working right now is the "Events" tab on the Assurelink website. Not a showstopper by any means. If you are hesitant to try this because of the alleged fees, don't let that stop you. I should have bought this years ago.
North Royalton, OH
I love this thing. So handy. How many times have you driven away from the house, only to turn around to see if you closed the garage door. Well, with this thing, all you do is log in on your phone to check it. Awesome!.
doesn't work as advertised. Literature states it is compatible with all openers manufactured after 1998, which isn't true. It should say some, but I eventually found the compatible list, it wasn't easy.
We had the misfortune of buying a house that has one of these pieces of garbage installed. You took one of the simplest things ever, press a button and your garage door opens, and made it incredibly complicated. hook it up to the internet, only through an ethernet cable, pay an annual service fee, can I please just open my **** garage? I'm ripping this thing out and replacing it. I'm going to think long and hard about ever buying any sears product again after this.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.