Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.69|
|Product Type:||Bolt-out sets|
|Quantity in Set:||5 pc.|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
Ratings & Reviews
This Bolt Remover Set Gets Tough Fasteners Moving
Built from hardened steel and featuring a six-flute helical design, each piece in this Bolt-Out bolt remover set is designed to get stubborn, stripped fasteners spinning. Equipped to take on a larger range of bolts in engines, furnaces and appliances, it features both ½ inch internal and hex external drives so you can get the right grip for optimum torque. Machined with precision from hardened steel, and built to last, if you’re serious about getting the job done right, toss this set in your tool box.
- Bolt-Out Set includes: #8 (14 mm. & 9/16 in.), #9 (15 mm.), #10 (16 mm. & 5/8 in.), #11 (17 mm. & 11/16 in.) and #13 (19 mm. & 3/4 in.)
- Black oxide coating prevents corrosion, while the blow molded case keeps it organized
- Internal 1/2 and external hex drives give more grip than other brands
- Six-flute helical design digs into bolts
- Will fit into the case of companion set, #52060
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Fall River, MA
I've had the smaller kit for years and they've always done a great job. When I needed a larger size I was glad that sears had the other sizes in an add on kit and that they left spaces for them in the storage container that came with the smaller kit.
Overland Park, KS
Spring Valley, NY
I bought the 5 pc Bolt-out kit with this same design but for removal of smaller bolts up to 13mm to remove a 13mm oil plug which had a slightly rounded out head. The largest remover in that kit would not slide far enough onto the 13mm head (which had already been ground down to 1/2" with my dremel in an attempt to repoint it) to actually turn it despite the fact that the packaging indicated it would fit. The net result was that instead of grabbing the head it simply turned around it and mangled it even more to the point that I now have no choice but to drill it out. Please note that although the packaging indicates it will remove bolts/nuts up to 1/2" and 13mm, the largest remover does not even fit over a 1/2" head so either the pieces are miss-sized or the packaging description is incorrect. I returned the lit the same day I bought it.
Some knucklehead at the dealership had installed my oil pan drain bolt with an impact wrench. When I tried to remove it using a standard socket wrench I rounded off the bolt head. So, I tried a ViceGrip then a pipe wrench but I couldn't get that **** bolt to budge and I completely trashed the bolt head in the process. A guy at work recommended I try the Craftsman Bolt Out so I picked up the 5 pc set off of **** and gave it a try. I hammered on the bolt out socket that came closest to fitting the oil pan bolt and then put my largest adjustable wrench on there along with a 12" piece of pipe to get some additional leverage. It took some effort and I had to hammer the socket on a couple times to make sure I had a good fit but I'll be damned, I was finally able to get that bolt out.
This product is no good for impacted nuts if they are stripped, I ended up stripping out the socket trying to remove a stripped out nut using an impact wrench!! Not having a warranty like most major brand tools these are worthless especially when you try to use them for the purpose they were designed to do!!! DO NOT BUY THESE!!!
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Plus, members get $10 back in points with any tool purchase over $20, sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.