Ratings & Reviews
Perfect entry-level tool designed to empower any consumer when it comes to vehicle maintenance. Works on all 1996 and newer cars, light trucks, SUVs and minivans Domestic and Import. Comes with access to online RepairSolutions which gives trouble code definitions, a full diagnostic report, probable causes, most likely fix to DTCs, repair costs and more.
- Links to all OBD2 protocols including CAN to decode Check Engine light problems
- Automatic refresh updates data every 30 seconds when connected to the vehicle an easy way to verify repair completion
- Internet updateable and upgradeable
- Features unique patented all-in-one screen display and LED display for quick State Emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on September 18, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I recently had my check engine light go off in my Ranger. Took it to a mechanic friend and his pro-grade car reader showed that my MAF was bad which explained my poor idling and loss of power. I went ahead and purchased the Craftsman CarReader so that I could view DTC codes on my own as soon as they occur for any of my vehicles and repair myself if its something I can handle. I plugged the tool in and sure enough, it showed the same code that my friend's tool showed. I went right away and purchased the MAF and reset the DTC. Ranger running good again and I'm able to see which I/M monitors are complete and which are still pending completion. This CarReader works great and the price is very easy on the wallet. It obviously lacks the big features of the professional OBD2 readers but it gives enough info for the backyard mechanic like myself. Only knock on this tool is that you have to go online and view/print the list of trouble codes to see the details of the code. I knew this before purchasing and it wasn't a problem for me since computers is my job but it might be an issue for those who are not computer savvy. Overall, VERY much worth the buy for your average DIY'er.
I was going to buy a reader at less than this one cost. This one was on sale and with my points. I ended up paying less for than I would of for the cheaper unit...Very happy !
San Jose, CA
This is a great entry level code scanner. Does what it says, gives you trouble codes quick and deleting them is super easy. Wish it would have come with a manual but you got to download it online.
I was hoping not to spend a lot on a tool that I wasn?t sure would work for my situation. The scanner read a # that was not on their guide sheet. Tried calling customer service for assistance, hung on the line for a long period of time. Then eventually I hang up.
Wake Forest, NC
This tool is absolutely necessary to have for basic entry-level diagnostics. This tool has helped me tremendously in my overall day to day automotive tasks. Thanks Sears!
South Wales, NY
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.
- Get $10 back in points when placing a tool order online for $99 and choosing free store pick up. Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.