Specifications & Dimensions
|Diagnostic Tool Type:||Specialty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.5|
|Plugs Into Auto Computer:||Yes|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
Ratings & Reviews
The Canobd2 Gives You an Inside Look at your Engine
This Craftsman diagnostic tool delivers clear, precise, to-the-minute diagnostic information you can use to keep your rig running its best. Built to link up with engines made after 1996, this tool gives you the insight to take care of persistent problems and the knowledge to make little tweaks now that can turn into huge repair savings down the road.
Find out what that check engine light really means, and make sure you ace every emissions test before you leave the driveway. Like putting a dependable mechanic in the palm of your hands, this reader delivers the information you need to keep that car, truck or van on the road for decades. Featuring an easy to read LED display and online access to RepairSolutions, a service that translates trouble codes into full diagnostic reports, probable causes and most likely fixes, the Canobd2 communicates problems clearly and offers help other tools just can’t. Get the keen insights you need with this powerful diagnostic tool and keep that rig running its best for years.
- This Craftsman diagnostic tool automatically updates data every 30 seconds so you know when the job’s done right
- Retrieves OBD2 DTCs: Generic Codes (P0, P2, P3, and U0) / Manufacturer Specific Codes (P1, P3, and U1)
- Communicates with all OBD 2 protocols including C.A.N. (Controller Area Network)
- Includes Spanish and French interface & definitions (selected by a menu command) Displays freeze frame data for better diagnostics
- This tool can be flash updated with a standard Windows® PC (OBD-PC Link™ software included with tool) so every definition is clear and accurate
- The Canobd2 memory / battery backup delivers off-car review and analysis in the shop, office or wherever
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I got this CanOB2 diagnostic reader so I could figure out why my engine light keeps coming on. The unit comes everything you need to get started and with the software it was plug and play. I had no problem installing the software and the computer recognizing the tool, no updates were required. It was a good thing because I didn't find instructions on how to install it in the manual. You do have have to create a user account online at canob2.com. Also write down your vin numbers and have them readily available to enter into your online account. The control panel is easy to navigate once the system is installed. This tool works perfect and a great price.
Saint Cloud, FL
I invested in this tool because the garage could not read any codes. This little meter has worked great for me (I wish I could say the same about my 2001 VW Beetle). It has even delivered VW specific code numbers. So far so good, also the best warranty (2 years) that I have seen on similar units from other manufacturers. Good luck, car troubles are, well????you know what I mean. (ps: once you have your code(s) I have had excellent luck with www.engine-codes.com and their analysis of your codes and next steps in diagnosis and problem solving.
Los Angeles, CA
Opened It Up, Loaded my code. Reset the code. Replaced the part, passed OBD2 Smog. Paid For Itself Easily. Did Not Come With Software CD, The Plug And Play Feature Is Not Comparable With Vista X64
This product has all the features of a much more expensive diagnostic tool. Worked great on both my 2001 volvo and my 1999 cadillac catera. Great way to save money by not having to go to the repair shop.
this tool does not really do much. all this tool does is give you the code and nothing else. freeze frame data may be available in you PCM, but i have not found a way to get it off this tool. for example, i pulled a P0420 so thats a problem with the cat or maybe O2 sensor. so how about a freeze frame of the O2 sensor when it set the code. even better the O2 sensors voltage and you can see if there is a problem. no, its not there. also the manual is so short because it is really only a glorified code reader. the software that comes with it will not work with windows 8, and the build quality is very cheap.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.