Craftsman CanOBD Diagnostic ToolOnline only | Item# 00987702000 | Model# 87702
Specifications & Dimensions
|Diagnostic Tool Type:||Specialty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.5|
|Plugs Into Auto Computer:||Yes|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
Ratings & Reviews
The Canobd2 Gives You an Inside Look at your Engine
This Craftsman diagnostic tool delivers clear, precise, to-the-minute diagnostic information you can use to keep your rig running its best. Built to link up with engines made after 1996, this tool gives you the insight to take care of persistent problems and the knowledge to make little tweaks now that can turn into huge repair savings down the road.
Find out what that check engine light really means, and make sure you ace every emissions test before you leave the driveway. Like putting a dependable mechanic in the palm of your hands, this reader delivers the information you need to keep that car, truck or van on the road for decades. Featuring an easy to read LED display and online access to RepairSolutions, a service that translates trouble codes into full diagnostic reports, probable causes and most likely fixes, the Canobd2 communicates problems clearly and offers help other tools just can’t. Get the keen insights you need with this powerful diagnostic tool and keep that rig running its best for years.
- This Craftsman diagnostic tool automatically updates data every 30 seconds so you know when the job’s done right
- Retrieves OBD2 DTCs: Generic Codes (P0, P2, P3, and U0) / Manufacturer Specific Codes (P1, P3, and U1)
- Communicates with all OBD 2 protocols including C.A.N. (Controller Area Network)
- Includes Spanish and French interface & definitions (selected by a menu command) Displays freeze frame data for better diagnostics
- This tool can be flash updated with a standard Windows® PC (OBD-PC Link™ software included with tool) so every definition is clear and accurate
- The Canobd2 memory / battery backup delivers off-car review and analysis in the shop, office or wherever
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
San Francisco, CA
This is an easy to use reader. Big enough screen for an old guy like my husband to read. Bought a smaller one but was too small and this one is just right. Would recommend it.
Saint Louis, MO
Just what you need this is my third one just because I keep upgrading and getting the newer models that do more and I sell my old one for about 1/2 to 3/4 of what I spent on it so I'm not out any money
East Peoria, IL
Very easy to use. I had a couple of older vehicles with "check engine" lights and other issues. Was able to look them all up and correct them. Paid for it's self in avoiding dealer service fees.
If you are a DIY sort of person and have an OBDII vehcile and most of you do, save the trips to the friendly parts store and read the codes at home. Allows the shade tree mechanic to spend more time under the shade tree instead of the hood of the vehicle.