Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Bagger Capacity (bushels):||27|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||15 x 6 in.|
|Overall Dimensions:||96 x 33 x 62|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||341|
|Vehicle Type:||Tractors only|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Wand Attachment Part Number:||24509|
|Reduction Ratio:||10 to 1|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||206 Engine|
Ratings & Reviews
A Riding Mower Attachment That Can Vacuum and Chip for a Clear Lawn
Heavy lawn debris doesn't stand a chance with the Craftsman chipper vac riding mower attachment - turn lawn tractors into a 2-in-1 clearing machine. The attachment vacuums grass clippings, leaves, pine needles, acorns and pine cones. This powerful vacuum offers 80 mph of suction and can be connected to the mower's cutting deck for quick, efficient bagging of clippings and small debris. The chipper chute handles branches and limbs up to 2 inches in diameter. It pulverizes them into mulch and stores the debris in the same bagger that handles lawn clippings, making emptying the 32 cubic foot capacity bagger easier.
This riding mower attachment fits all Craftsman tractors and riding mowers, as well as most other brand tractors with right-hand discharge decks up to 54 inches wide. Powered by a 206cc Briggs & Stratton® engine, it reduces debris by a 5 to 1 waste ratio. The heavy-duty frame, rugged tires and powerful chipper and vacuum will yield years of use for keeping your lawn looking its best.
- Craftsman chipper vac riding mower attachment clears lawns of debris and leaves them looking their best
- Powered by an OHV I/C 9.0 torque, 206cc Briggs & Stratton engine
- Fits all Craftsman and most other brands of tractors/riding mowers with right hand discharge decks to 54 inches wide
- Additional hose extension needed for use with zero-turn tractors (sold separately, part #65640 from Sears Parts Direct)
- Chipper chute chips branches and limbs up to 2 inches in diameter
- 32 cubic foot capacity (27 bushel capacity), 3x more than a traditional bagger
- Reduces clippings and leaves at a 5:1 waste ratio
- 1-piece poly rear door is easily removable for unloading
- 15- by 6-inch turf tread tires with metal bearings and grease zerks
- Rugged single point tow hitch and heavy duty pin don't interfere with tractor fender
- Elongated axle for stability and durability
- Remote hose kit allows you to reach behind shrubs, next to fence rows and other hard-to-reach areas (sold separately, model #71-24509)
- Weighs 384 pounds
- Color: Black
- Assembly required
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
Added on July 19, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I had no problem putting it together. follow the instructions. Of course it has a lot of parts! It cuts everything I can put into it. Makes great mulch to put around my trees and plants. Dumping is a little more of a chore but just keep a garden rake to pull the mulch and chips out. It makes A LOT of mulch fast! I bought the vacuum hose attachment for leaves in ditches and up against the house. works good but make sure the leaves are dry or it will stop up. Common sense guess.
Mount Pleasant, MI
10 million parts to assemble, one wheel didn't fit on axle, axle was not drilled out on both ends to put cotter keys into to hold wheels on. Had to wait for a service man to come, then had to wait for new axle and wheel to be ordered and delivered. Engine comes with no oil, for this amount of money oil could be included. Tongue is extremely heavy to try to lift to attach to mower. Purchased optional accessory hose, bolts and nuts were loose in the box, some were missing. I have not used it yet, it took so long to get the parts to put it together that it snowed before I could use it on the leaves.
It took about 3 hours to put this together this weekend. It?s not difficult, just plan accordingly. The mower deck adaptor is universal and will fit many decks. Make sure you read all the templates carefully before making a selection and cutting the plastic adaptor. This unit does what they say it will. I was very impressed. The amount of mulch that it will hold is amazing. The engine is powerful and the cutting wheel seems very durable. I would definitely purchase this again.
I bought this item in October 2012 when the leaves in my 3 acre yard were very thick. I selected it with hesitation because there were no reviews on it that I could find. I am writing because it may help someone else. This chipper VAC is unbelievable! It has exceeded all expectations! The only negative thing I can say is that the motor is 205 cc and too much for my wife to pull-start. But once it is started, she pulls it behind our Kubota lawn mower and it works great. I would also recommend buying the 10ft hand attachment so that you can pick up piles of leaves as well.