Craftsman 10'' Compact Sliding Compound Miter SawItem# 00940753000 | Model# SM2509RC
Specifications & Dimensions
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||20 x 12-1/2|
|Cord Type:||14 gauge|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 0 Bevel:||3-1/2 x 12-1/2 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Left Bevel:||1-3/4 x 12-1/2 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 0 Bevel:||3-1/2 x 8-3/4 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 45 Right Bevel:||1-3/4 x 8-3/4 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||43.0|
|Quick Release Vise:||Yes|
|Type:||Sliding compound miter|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Cord clip|
|Blade Diameter (In):||10|
|Motor Brushes:||External brushes|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Arbor Size:||5/8 in.|
|Miter Index:||50 deg. left and right|
|Bevel Index:||0,33.9,45 deg. left|
|Blade Bevel Range:||0-47 deg. left|
|Cut Depth At 45 Degrees:||1-3/4 in.|
|Cut Depth At 90 Degrees:||3-1/2 in.|
|Miter Detents:||0, 15, 22-1/2, 31.6 and 45 deg. left/right|
|Table Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
This new Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding CompoundMiter Saw, with its revolutionary space saving design combines performance and portability for all your cutting needs. This saw uses 39% less space compared to standard sliding miter saws so you can work wherever you want, whether it be up against a wall or in tight work areas with limited space.
The powerful 15.0 Amp motor runs at 4,800 rpm allowing you to cut through a variety of building materials with ease. The tool-free, adjustable Laser Trac™ system provides precision cutting guidance for accurate pre-alignment of cuts, and offset rails enable increased cut accuracy. The saw can make bevel cuts up to 45◦ and miter cuts up to 50◦, and lets you lock in the five most common angle stops from the left or right. Retractable, telescoping extension bars provide support for longer work pieces when needed.
- Includes: compact sliding miter saw, hold-down clamp, blade, blade wrench, dust bag, extension tables, operator’s manual.
- The Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding Compound Miter Saw’s 15.0 Amp motor delivers high torque and speed, perfect for hard and soft woods
- Wall-hugging design can be used against a wall, requiring 39% less operating space than other standard sliding miter saws
- Cross-cut boards up to 12 1/2-in wide at 90◦
- Built-in retractable, telescoping aluminum extension wings with an adjustable stop plate for rapid repetitive cuts and support for long work pieces
- Laser Trac™ provides an accurate pre-cut alignment of workpiece
- The 0-50 degree miter adjustment includes common positive stops for accurate cuts and tight bevels on the fly
- 60 tooth carbide tipped saw blade with standard 5/8" arbor
- Tall, rapid-release left side sliding fence for extra support
- Aluminum construction makes the Craftsman 10 Inch Compact Sliding Miter Saw portable, durable and easy to move from home to jobsite
- One Year Limited Warranty
Added on May 09, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Fort Wayne, IN
I am a contractor. I have been working with tools for 30 years. I have had several different brands of power tools both battery and 110v powered over the years. I have never written a review before, but am compelled to do so after purchasing this product. Lugging heavy/bulky tools around gets really old but is a necessary evil. This space saving design works great and gives me more room in the truck for other stuff. The best part is how easy it is to carry from the truck to the jobsite - through doorways, down hallways, etc. A standard sliding compound saw is bulky and awkward. This is a great saw for dragging around to onsite work. Not much reason to have this specifically in a shop unless space is really cramped. It's a 10" blade, not a 12", so take that into consideration if you typically cut thicker stock. I have only used it a few times, but it seems well built and perfect for my applications. I'm looking forward to many years of service with this money maker. Please beware of other posts that state this saw is a "bad design" as this criticism is not accurate and misrepresents the product in my opinion. I actually own this saw and the thickest piece of wood it will crosscut is 3.25". A regular miter saw can only typically crosscut around 3.5" making this only a 1/4" compromise for the space savings. I even got out my tape measure to verify these measurements on two different types of 10" saws. Keep in mind that if you're just doing a simple crosscut on a board, you can only go as deep as the motor housing around the blade allows. You are always restricted by the blade shaft, motor, safety guard and all components around it. It is not possible to make a 5" deep crosscut on a 12" wide board with a 10" blade or any 12" blade for that matter with a sliding compound mitre saw. Great price, great design - I love it!
I have been looking for a miter saw for some time and have been considering saws that cost several times as much. This meets all my expectations. The design with the fixed rails allows set up much closer to a wall or obstruction than conventional sliding miters. The dust collection with a vacuum attached to the hood is very good as long as the sliding function is used to cut into the wood from the front. It has a screw stop to limit depth for dado cuts. It does have some inexpensive parts that will require restraint in use. Out of the box, it was in perfect adjustment making square cuts in all dimensions. Craftsman really came through with this saw.
I purchase this saw thinking it was a space saving design as the salesman told me, however, because the slide comes out to the FRONT and not the back, it limits the height of the wood you can place against the fence, which is very unfortunate. The space saving design is not worth it if you can only cut a 6" tall piece of wood.
In this tool you receive a superior performing tool. at an outstanding price! It has a variety of cutting levels that you cannot usually find at this lower price! Check out craftsman before you purchase any other name brand!
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.