Craftsman 10'' Compact Sliding Compound Miter SawItem# 00940753000 | Model# SM2509RC
Specifications & Dimensions
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||20 x 12-1/2|
|Cord Type:||14 gauge|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 0 Bevel:||3-1/2 x 12-1/2 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Left Bevel:||1-3/4 x 12-1/2 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 0 Bevel:||3-1/2 x 8-3/4 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 45 Right Bevel:||1-3/4 x 8-3/4 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||43.0|
|Quick Release Vise:||Yes|
|Type:||Sliding compound miter|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Cord clip|
|Blade Diameter (In):||10|
|Motor Brushes:||External brushes|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Arbor Size:||5/8 in.|
|Miter Index:||50 deg. left and right|
|Bevel Index:||0,33.9,45 deg. left|
|Blade Bevel Range:||0-47 deg. left|
|Cut Depth At 45 Degrees:||1-3/4 in.|
|Cut Depth At 90 Degrees:||3-1/2 in.|
|Miter Detents:||0, 15, 22-1/2, 31.6 and 45 deg. left/right|
|Table Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
This new Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding CompoundMiter Saw, with its revolutionary space saving design combines performance and portability for all your cutting needs. This saw uses 39% less space compared to standard sliding miter saws so you can work wherever you want, whether it be up against a wall or in tight work areas with limited space.
The powerful 15.0 Amp motor runs at 4,800 rpm allowing you to cut through a variety of building materials with ease. The tool-free, adjustable Laser Trac™ system provides precision cutting guidance for accurate pre-alignment of cuts, and offset rails enable increased cut accuracy. The saw can make bevel cuts up to 45◦ and miter cuts up to 50◦, and lets you lock in the five most common angle stops from the left or right. Retractable, telescoping extension bars provide support for longer work pieces when needed.
- Includes: compact sliding miter saw, hold-down clamp, blade, blade wrench, dust bag, extension tables, operator’s manual.
- The Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding Compound Miter Saw’s 15.0 Amp motor delivers high torque and speed, perfect for hard and soft woods
- Wall-hugging design can be used against a wall, requiring 39% less operating space than other standard sliding miter saws
- Cross-cut boards up to 12 1/2-in wide at 90◦
- Built-in retractable, telescoping aluminum extension wings with an adjustable stop plate for rapid repetitive cuts and support for long work pieces
- Laser Trac™ provides an accurate pre-cut alignment of workpiece
- The 0-50 degree miter adjustment includes common positive stops for accurate cuts and tight bevels on the fly
- 60 tooth carbide tipped saw blade with standard 5/8" arbor
- Tall, rapid-release left side sliding fence for extra support
- Aluminum construction makes the Craftsman 10 Inch Compact Sliding Miter Saw portable, durable and easy to move from home to jobsite
- One Year Limited Warranty
Added on May 09, 2014
Overall, others give this:
In this tool you receive a superior performing tool. at an outstanding price! It has a variety of cutting levels that you cannot usually find at this lower price! Check out craftsman before you purchase any other name brand!
Colorado Springs, CO
I love this saw! It was user friendly from the moment I took it out of the box! Minimal set up required! The fence and laser features make quick work of cleaning up rough ends. It looks nice, works great, and was priced right!
North Hollywood, CA
I do Flooring installations and have been using this saw for about 4 month now. I love it!!! Not heavy at all fits greats in my truck and has cool extras that make it easier to cut. IE I was cutting crown moulding and extensions really make a difference, there is also a groove by the sliding bar that helps hold the moulding at an angle position. It has enough power only upgrade I did to it was switch out the blade to a diablo 80teeth since I need fine cuts. Extremely happy with this purchase and totally worth the money.
Originally opted for the cheaper one but that one had problems out of the box. Decided to upgrade to this one and couldn't be happier.
I wanted to buy a saw that would be reasonable in price and fit well in a small space. Since I'm not a a professional a heavy duty saw was not really needed. I do many of my own projects around the house and this saw fit thats perfectly. It makes perfect cuts at all angles and really accurate with the help of the laser line. I would recommend this for home DIY.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.