Craftsman 10'' Compact Sliding Compound Miter SawItem# 00940753000 | Model# SM2509RC
Specifications & Dimensions
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||20 x 12-1/2|
|Cord Type:||14 gauge|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 0 Bevel:||3-1/2 x 12-1/2 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Left Bevel:||1-3/4 x 12-1/2 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 0 Bevel:||3-1/2 x 8-3/4 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 45 Right Bevel:||1-3/4 x 8-3/4 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||43.0|
|Quick Release Vise:||Yes|
|Type:||Sliding compound miter|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Cord clip|
|Blade Diameter (In):||10|
|Motor Brushes:||External brushes|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Arbor Size:||5/8 in.|
|Miter Index:||50 deg. left and right|
|Bevel Index:||0,33.9,45 deg. left|
|Blade Bevel Range:||0-47 deg. left|
|Cut Depth At 45 Degrees:||1-3/4 in.|
|Cut Depth At 90 Degrees:||3-1/2 in.|
|Miter Detents:||0, 15, 22-1/2, 31.6 and 45 deg. left/right|
|Table Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
This new Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding CompoundMiter Saw, with its revolutionary space saving design combines performance and portability for all your cutting needs. This saw uses 39% less space compared to standard sliding miter saws so you can work wherever you want, whether it be up against a wall or in tight work areas with limited space.
The powerful 15.0 Amp motor runs at 4,800 rpm allowing you to cut through a variety of building materials with ease. The tool-free, adjustable Laser Trac™ system provides precision cutting guidance for accurate pre-alignment of cuts, and offset rails enable increased cut accuracy. The saw can make bevel cuts up to 45◦ and miter cuts up to 50◦, and lets you lock in the five most common angle stops from the left or right. Retractable, telescoping extension bars provide support for longer work pieces when needed.
- Includes: compact sliding miter saw, hold-down clamp, blade, blade wrench, dust bag, extension tables, operator’s manual.
- The Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding Compound Miter Saw’s 15.0 Amp motor delivers high torque and speed, perfect for hard and soft woods
- Wall-hugging design can be used against a wall, requiring 39% less operating space than other standard sliding miter saws
- Cross-cut boards up to 12 1/2-in wide at 90◦
- Built-in retractable, telescoping aluminum extension wings with an adjustable stop plate for rapid repetitive cuts and support for long work pieces
- Laser Trac™ provides an accurate pre-cut alignment of workpiece
- The 0-50 degree miter adjustment includes common positive stops for accurate cuts and tight bevels on the fly
- 60 tooth carbide tipped saw blade with standard 5/8" arbor
- Tall, rapid-release left side sliding fence for extra support
- Aluminum construction makes the Craftsman 10 Inch Compact Sliding Miter Saw portable, durable and easy to move from home to jobsite
- One Year Limited Warranty
Added on May 09, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I just wanted to point out something to contradict the 3-star review that seems to be based on the product's height restriction. This is a 10-inch miter saw. No 10-inch miter saw is capable of making 6-inch depth cuts. The blade's radius is only 5 inches. This product lists 3 1/2 inches as the cut depth capacity, so if that isn't enough for you, you need to buy a different saw to begin with. The clearance on this saw is not an issue if you are an informed and safe woodworker.
My miter saw buying experience has been nothing short of a pain in the rear end. After weeks of searching, finally settled on the Craftsman 10-inch slider, but took it back because it was just too big for my condo. Wound up with a refurb Ryobi, thinking it was made by the same factory and was $100 cheaper. Whoops, HUGE mistake. After getting jacked around by Sears' AWFUL website (seriously, it sucks. Fix it now) and facing a deadline to get a project done, I ran to the nearest store and grabbed this version, the compact model. So, so glad I did. Perfect size - a bit heavy, but sturdy - does everything a miter should, cleans up well and fits perfectly into the space I have cleared out in my storage area. Perfect. But best of all - and if you've ever read any review of any saw, you'll know what I'm talking about - Craftsman found a way to add a dust bag that ACTUALLY COLLECTS THE SAWDUST. It was unbelievable. That alone might be worth the extra $50. (Note: if you're like me and plan to hook your shopvac to it, you'll need the bigger hose or a adapter).
great saw and comes as advertised. minimal set-up out of the box. all angles measured correctly. handles a wide variety of sized boards and cuts. There are cheaper saws out there, and while i haven't compared this saw against those, this saw is high quality and does just about everything a basic DIY'er would need. It's fun to use and i couldn't be happier with it.
Lots of nice features built into this sliding miter saw. There are lots of adjustments to make sure everything is square. I have only made straight cuts, but it works well. The saw appears to be well constructed, and will certainly last an amateur like me.
Used for rough cuts and trim while finishing a basement. It's not a $500 saw, but works perfectly. Adjustments feel solid, easy to set up and cord storage is nice. Don't hesitate if you're looking for a budget sliding saw.
I love the machine! Has a good laser. Saves space by moving forward instead of backwards. Glides easily with little or no effort. Can fit into small spaces. Portable and easy to move. Goes well with other tools. Cuts very fast and allows angles. Laser provides precision cuts. Easy turn on and off switch. Packed well inside box. Very good product. Female friendly.
I have own two other miter saws and this is the best one that I have own. The laser line is very accurate right out of the box. I would recommend this saw for professional or hobbyist.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.