Specifications & Dimensions
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||20 x 12-1/2|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 0 Bevel:||3-1/2" x 11-1/2"|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Left Bevel:||1-3/4" x 12-1/2"|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Right Bevel:||1-3/4" x 8-3/4"|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||43.0|
|Quick Release Vise:||Yes|
|Type:||Sliding compound miter|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Cord clip|
|Blade Diameter (In):||10|
|Motor Brushes:||External brushes|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Arbor Size:||5/8 in.|
|Miter Index:||50 deg. left and right|
|Cut Depth At 45 Degrees:||1-3/4 in.|
|Cut Depth At 90 Degrees:||3-1/2 in.|
|Miter Detents:||0, 15, 22-1/2, 31.6 and 45 deg. left/right|
|Table Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
This new Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding Miter Saw, with its revolutionary space saving design combines performance and portability for all your cutting needs. This saw uses 39% less space compared to standard sliding miter saws so you can work wherever you want, whether it be up against a wall or in tight work areas with limited space.
The powerful 15.0 Amp motor runs at 4,800 rpm allowing you to cut through a variety of building materials with ease. The tool-free, adjustable Laser Trac™ system provides precision cutting guidance for accurate pre-alignment of cuts, and offset rails enable increased cut accuracy. The saw can make bevel cuts up to 45◦ and miter cuts up to 50◦, and lets you lock in the five most common angle stops from the left or right. Retractable, telescoping extension bars provide support for longer work pieces when needed.
- Includes: compact sliding miter saw, hold-down clamp, blade, blade wrench, dust bag, extension tables, operator’s manual.
- The Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding Miter Saw’s 15.0 Amp motor delivers high torque and speed, perfect for hard and soft woods
- Wall-hugging design can be used against a wall, requiring 39% less operating space than other standard sliding miter saws
- Cross-cut boards up to 12 1/2-in wide at 90◦
- Built-in retractable, telescoping aluminum extension wings with an adjustable stop plate for rapid repetitive cuts and support for long work pieces
- Laser Trac™ not only gives you an accurate cut line, but doesn’t ever run out of batteries
- The 0-50 degree miter adjustment includes common positive stops for accurate cuts and tight bevels on the fly
- Standard arbor size 5/8”
- Tall, rapid-release sliding fence for extra support
- Aluminum construction makes the Craftsman 10 Inch Compact Sliding Miter Saw portable, durable and easy to move from home to jobsite
- One Year Limited Warranty
Added on May 09, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Flower Mound, TX
This miter saw is the best engineered miter saw i've seen. The dust collection is the best I've seen. It really gets most of the saw dust. If you connect a standard wet/dry vac (2 1/2 inch hose) to the port then it's getting probably better than 95 percent of the sawdust for me on all kinds of wood. The secret is to pull the saw all the way out, lower it and then make your cut by push the saw backwards on the board. All the dust goes up the huge chute. DO NOT come right down on the wood like a chop saw because if you do the sawdust will go all over the place like every other miter saw i've used. This thing really works well for dust collection. Second thing is that the laser is up front on the saw so it will not collect dust like all the other saw's I've seen with the laser in the back. There is no operator presence switch on this saw so it makes me think they were going to market it as a professional grade saw. The blade which comes on the saw is a very very good one. Very little to no tear out on any kind of wood I've cut. The rails system is clearly better design. For $229 they had to cut some corners and where they did is in the plastic. The miter adjuster is hard plastic (which is not uncommon). It would be my only real knock on the saw. It would have been nice to have a metal engagement for the miter detents. The motor is powerful and relatively quiet and it has an electric brake which stops the blade pretty fast. There is a place for everything on this saw including storage for the blade wrench and chord. Overall, this is an impressive saw for the money. I can only hope it stands the test of time. If it does then it's one of the better miter saws I've ever seen or used.
This was my first miter saw. I used the factory blade once and it created quite a bit of tearout... changed to a fine toothed blade and have had no issues. Great saw.
Just got it yesterday, so I haven't had much of a chance to use it. I went to the store to get the 21237 after reading the reviews, and this saw was next to it. I like the space saving design, the smooth action on both the slide and the miter adjustments. The detents are solid and the lock is on a thumb lever on the side rather than screwing the end handle in.I have seen the angle change on other saws when you lock it, but this one doesn't move. When I was putting it together I saw no reason to put the big red handle on it, you don't need the leverage and I think it would just get in the way. The adjustments on the laser to me are a little too accessible, they might get bumped out, but maybe not. One thing that I did not like was the stickers on it. They are right on the work surfaces and are very hard to remove.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.