Specifications & Dimensions
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||20 x 12-1/2|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 0 Bevel:||3-1/2" x 11-1/2"|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Left Bevel:||1-3/4" x 12-1/2"|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Right Bevel:||1-3/4" x 8-3/4"|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||43.0|
|Quick Release Vise:||Yes|
|Type:||Sliding compound miter|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Cord clip|
|Blade Diameter (In):||10|
|Motor Brushes:||External brushes|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Arbor Size:||5/8 in.|
|Miter Index:||50 deg. left and right|
|Cut Depth At 45 Degrees:||1-3/4 in.|
|Cut Depth At 90 Degrees:||3-1/2 in.|
|Miter Detents:||0, 15, 22-1/2, 31.6 and 45 deg. left/right|
|Table Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
This new Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding Miter Saw, with its revolutionary space saving design combines performance and portability for all your cutting needs. This saw uses 39% less space compared to standard sliding miter saws so you can work wherever you want, whether it be up against a wall or in tight work areas with limited space.
The powerful 15.0 Amp motor runs at 4,800 rpm allowing you to cut through a variety of building materials with ease. The tool-free, adjustable Laser Trac™ system provides precision cutting guidance for accurate pre-alignment of cuts, and offset rails enable increased cut accuracy. The saw can make bevel cuts up to 45◦ and miter cuts up to 50◦, and lets you lock in the five most common angle stops from the left or right. Retractable, telescoping extension bars provide support for longer work pieces when needed.
- Includes: compact sliding miter saw, hold-down clamp, blade, blade wrench, dust bag, extension tables, operator’s manual.
- The Craftsman 10” Compact Sliding Miter Saw’s 15.0 Amp motor delivers high torque and speed, perfect for hard and soft woods
- Wall-hugging design can be used against a wall, requiring 39% less operating space than other standard sliding miter saws
- Cross-cut boards up to 12 1/2-in wide at 90◦
- Built-in retractable, telescoping aluminum extension wings with an adjustable stop plate for rapid repetitive cuts and support for long work pieces
- Laser Trac™ not only gives you an accurate cut line, but doesn’t ever run out of batteries
- The 0-50 degree miter adjustment includes common positive stops for accurate cuts and tight bevels on the fly
- Standard arbor size 5/8”
- Tall, rapid-release sliding fence for extra support
- Aluminum construction makes the Craftsman 10 Inch Compact Sliding Miter Saw portable, durable and easy to move from home to jobsite
- One Year Limited Warranty
Added on May 09, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Just got it yesterday, so I haven't had much of a chance to use it. I went to the store to get the 21237 after reading the reviews, and this saw was next to it. I like the space saving design, the smooth action on both the slide and the miter adjustments. The detents are solid and the lock is on a thumb lever on the side rather than screwing the end handle in.I have seen the angle change on other saws when you lock it, but this one doesn't move. When I was putting it together I saw no reason to put the big red handle on it, you don't need the leverage and I think it would just get in the way. The adjustments on the laser to me are a little too accessible, they might get bumped out, but maybe not. One thing that I did not like was the stickers on it. They are right on the work surfaces and are very hard to remove.
My miter saw buying experience has been nothing short of a pain in the rear end. After weeks of searching, finally settled on the Craftsman 10-inch slider, but took it back because it was just too big for my condo. Wound up with a refurb Ryobi, thinking it was made by the same factory and was $100 cheaper. Whoops, HUGE mistake. After getting jacked around by Sears' AWFUL website (seriously, it sucks. Fix it now) and facing a deadline to get a project done, I ran to the nearest store and grabbed this version, the compact model. So, so glad I did. Perfect size - a bit heavy, but sturdy - does everything a miter should, cleans up well and fits perfectly into the space I have cleared out in my storage area. Perfect. But best of all - and if you've ever read any review of any saw, you'll know what I'm talking about - Craftsman found a way to add a dust bag that ACTUALLY COLLECTS THE SAWDUST. It was unbelievable. That alone might be worth the extra $50. (Note: if you're like me and plan to hook your shopvac to it, you'll need the bigger hose or a adapter).
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Jul-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- BONUS DAYS Event! Extra 5% OR 12 months special financing on purchases over $299 with Sears Card. Offer ends 24-Jul-2014 See details.