Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Cut Capacity:||16 gal. cold rolled /18 gal. stainless sheet steel|
|Overall Dimensions:||9 x 3 x 1 in.|
|Blade Type:||Forged Blades from molybdenum alloy steel/heat treated , serrated blades|
|For Use With:||Cutting heavy gauge sheet materials or double thickness sheet materials|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed Forever|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.88|
|Package Contents:||One Bulldog Aviation Snip|
|Tool Type:||Aviation Snips|
|Color/Finish:||Blue grips/Steel handles and blades|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Length (in.):||7|
|Handle Type:||High Tensil Strength Steel|
|Materials & Finish:|
|Blade Material:||Alloy Steel|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman Compound Leverage Snips, Bulldog/Notching Aviation for Perfect Notch Cuts
These compound leverage snips, bulldog/notching aviation have a short cut length (7/8 inch) that makes notching sheet metal simple. The compound leverage handle increases the cutting force to make those cuts effortless. The serrated, hot drop-forged alloy steel blades grab and slice through sheet metal like butter. They can handle heavy gauge metal sheets (16 gauge cold-rolled or 18 gauge stainless) and double-thickness sheets.
Your Craftsman compound leverage snips, bulldog/notching aviation has molded plastic grips that are comfortable to use. The handles are high tensile strength steel that'll hold up to rough use. The design includes a center pivot bolt through the bottom blade that helps keep the blades in adjustment, so you get more (and better) cuts between adjustments. The blades are lockable for safety. These snips are guaranteed to provide a lifetime of metal notching pleasure.
- These compound leverage snips, bulldog/notching aviation are durable and easy to use on even thick sheet steel
- Snips make 7/8-inch long cuts
- Blades are serrated and heat forged from molybdenum alloy steel
- Blades are lockable
- Will cut 16 gauge cold-rolled and 18-gauge stainless steel sheets
- Designed to keep blades in adjustment longer
- Handles are steel with molded plastic grips
- Snips are 9 inches long with 7-inch handles
- Weighs 0.88 pounds
- Craftsman guarantees these snips forever
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
These are average compound snips with a comfortable grip. Not posted clearly in the online description is the short cutting depth. These snips are only for notching a 7/8" cut and are hard to use on longer cuts. Also for anyone who is using these to cut against a right angle, the thickness of the cutter makes it difficult. Sharp, comfortable but limited in use.
Floyds Knobs, IN
The short throat on these snips makes it very easy to make notch cuts in sheet metal. They don't jhave the tendancy of curling up the work-piece like the standard aviation snips do. I work a lot with 24 gauge galvanized steel and I've found that these snip handle it with ease. Oh and by the way, did I mention they come with the famous Craftsman Warranty?
The short throat on these snips makes it very easy to make notch cuts in sheet metal. They don't jhave the tendancy of curling up the work-piece like the standard aviation snips do. I work a lot with 24 gauge galvanized steel and I've found that these snip handle it with ease.
Oh and by the way, did I mention they come with the famous Craftsman Warranty?
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.