Ratings & Reviews
Control your garage door and opener lights with the Craftsman® Premium Control Console. It can turn opener lights on/off from inside the garage, and includes an adjustable light timer and illuminated push button for added convenience. It also has a lock button to disable all hand-held remote controls while you are away. The adjustable light timer lets you chose from 1.5 to 4.5 minute settings.
- Premium Control Console for use with Craftsman Garage Door Opener units
- Oversized illuminated push button makes it easy to close your garage door, even in the dark
- Adjustable light timer lets you set when you want the opener lights to go out after closing or opening the garage door
- Light button allow operation of the garage door opener lights independent of door operation
- Locks out all outside remote control signals while you're away
- For use with Craftsman garage door openers manufactured after January 1, 1995
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I replaced a similar Craftsman unit, the one with a motion senor, with this unit. Other than the motion senor, it works and installs exactly as the previous unit. Installation involves the removal of one screw and two wires on the old unit and simply reverse the proceedure for the installation. The original lasted about 8 years with regular, almost daily use, though neither unit feels particularly sturdy but I think 8 years isn't bad under the circumstances.
I admit I was disappointed that the store didn't carry the same motion senor equiped unit at the time. Now I think this unit may actually save me a few cents in electricity. Now I have to intentionally turn on the light if I want it on instead of it coming on every time I enter the garage. The motion senor did that many times whether the circumstances warranted it or not.
This is an easy-to-install, wired, wall (or standard box) mount garage door control, including a security lockout switch and a manual light switch.
However, there are three misleading statements in the description of this item here and/or in its retail packaging:
- The large door control button is not "illuminated" (as I think of the term). (The retail packaging also contains this claim, describing it both as a "large lighted button" and a "large illuminated push button.") As the photo shows, the unit does include a small, green LED indicator, which could, I suppose, help you find the switch in near darkness, and which flashes to confirm that remote control of the opener has been disabled. But the switch is not back-lighted (which is what I think of when I read about an "illuminated push button").
- In contradiction to the description here, this control does not include or provide an "adjustable light timer [that] lets you choose from 1.5 to 4.5 minute settings" for the light turnoff delay. That is entirely a function of the opener itself. There is no adjustment in or on this unit.
- The retail packaging says: "You can program your remote controls and keypads from the Premium Remote Control Console. No more climbing ladders to get to the back of the opener." I have no clue what this is talking about. There is nothing in the installation and user instructions that explains this. As far as I know, you still need to press the button on the opener enclosure to program remotes and keypads.
Also, the construction is not especially sturdy -- not as high quality as one might expect for the price (there quite obviously a large margin for someone on this product) but probably as sturdy as it needs to be for most uses.
I give this 3 out of 5 stars, with the loss of one star primarily for inaccurate and misleading descriptions here and on the retail packaging, and another for an excessive price for a plastic box, circuit board, switches and an LED, however well it might work.
Saint Paul, MN
Love it - Easy to install, large main control button makes it a sure thing to find it every time.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Monroe Township, NJ
San Ysidro, CA
Works great, only uses the 2 wires of the basic Control Console. The remote lock-out feature (great for vacation) is well thought out: you can't turn it on by accident, and the console tells you when it's engaged...
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.