Craftsman Corner Steel Shelving Unit - Red/BlackItem# 00914905000 | Model# 14905
Specifications & Dimensions
|Depth (in.):||35 in.|
|Width (in.):||45 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||90.0 lbs.|
|Load Rated To (lbs.):||1000 lbs. per shelf|
|Shelves & Storage:|
|Number of Shelves:||5|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
Corner Steel Red/Black Shelving Unit Delivers Sturdy Stable Storage Space
The Craftsman corner steel red/black shelving unit is the ideal solution for gaining more organized shelving space in your workshop, garage or basement. It is made of heavy-duty steel and gives you five separate shelves. Each shelf can hold up to 1,000 lbs. for a total of 5.000 lbs. of weight-bearing storage. It features QuickLink fasteners so it's quick and easy to assemble.
The corner steel red/black shelving unit is finished with a thick baked enamel coating so it retains its fresh look and resists corrosion or chemical damage. It features adjustable side brackets that can mount upward to prevent items falling off or can be set flat. Overall, this shelving unit provides 4,873 square inches of storage space. It is made with Craftsman quality workmanship and materials.
- The Craftsman corner steel red/black shelving unit provides sturdy, stable shelf storage space
- Each shelf can hold up to 1,000 lbs.
- Unit can hold up to 5,000 lbs.
- Provides 4,873 square inches of shelf storage space
- Made of heavy-duty steel
- Thick baked enamel finish resists corrosion and chemical damage
- QuickLink custom fasteners for quick and easy assembly
- Side brackets are adjustable for flat and upward shelving
- Corner shelving unit dimensions are 45" W x 35" D x 74" H
- Shelving unit weighs 90 lbs.
- Corner shelving unit is also available in black/platinum
- Backed by Craftsman quality materials and workmanship
Added on September 26, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Not usually the type of guy who needs to use the directions, but they were necessary with this unit, however they are extremely poor directions. you will need at least two hours and a great wife to stand there and hold various parts and pieces up for you, while you yell at the direction book!!
Appears to be a sturdy, well made shelving unit but the assembly instructions are just plain bad. The directions are confusing and the illustrations provide no clarity. Bit of warning though don't drag the shelf to move it, the legs bend fairly easily. I dragged it and bent two legs. I was able to bend them back, but their integrity is shot.
I tried a cheaper product from one of the big box stores. The shelves were pressed board and I thought they would hold up. They did not, they sag down with a minimum of 100 lbs. I put my craftsman shelving together and loaded them down and they are excellent, and they blend in with my craftsman tool boxes and benches really well. Glad I bought them. I have no doubt the steal shelves will last many years to come.
It took a lot of staring at parts and the instruction book to get started. Instructions were ambiguous at best. Then the hardware was horrible. First, everything must align perfectly, and even then, some of the screws would not thread into the clips. I took the last clips I had left from the assembly process and tried to thread them with the provided screws on the bench, but I had about 7 of them that just wouldn't go. I finally put the clips in with some standard metric cap screws that I had in my junk hardware stash. Yikes! The finished product looks fine, and was what I wanted, and I could get past the goofy instructions, but I could do with some better hardware. This results in a lower rating. I would recommend, but with a caveat about needing patience and perhaps some of your own fasteners. Please make a change of vendor.
This shelf is a pain to put together but well worth the effort once you start using it to organize that once useless corner. Wear gloves when moving it as the metal edges of the shelf will bite.
Virginia Beach, VA
This is one of those items I wish Craftsman would change manufacturer and connection parts), but once it is together it is sturdy and very useful. It is a little complex to put together, mainly because the holes have to line up perfectly for the quick connect parts to screw together, plus the overall stability doesnt come together untill all of the parts are complete.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.