Craftsman CX Series 21'' Rear Wheel Drive MowerItem# 07137481000 | Model# 37481
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Bag Capacity (CuFt):||1.9|
|Cutting Width (In.):||21|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||.3|
|Recommended Oil & Capacity:||SAE 30|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Residential/1 Year Commercial|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||91|
|Included with Item:|
|Engine Oil Included:||Yes|
|Package Contents:||Lawn Mower|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Handle Height Positions:||3-position|
|Blade Stop Feature:||No|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||6|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Lubrication System:||Splash|
|Engine Series:||Briggs and Stratton 775 Platform|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||175cc OHV|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Drive Control:||Rear wheel drive|
|Front Tire Size:||8|
|Front Wheel Type:||Fixed Forward|
|Rear Tire Size:||8|
|Cutting Deck Material:||Steel|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Type:||Single Lever|
|Cutting Height Range:||1.25-3.75|
|Disposal by Bagging:||Yes - included|
|Disposal by Rear Discharge:||No|
|Disposal by Side Discharge:||Yes - installed|
|High Rear Wheels:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
A Rear Wheel Drive Mower the Delivers, Every Start
Built to get up and get the job done, this rear wheel drive mower features the Smooth Start Plus package, a system that combines a muscle multiplying recoil starter with the fast-firing MRS spark plug and no prime, no choke ignition for solid performance, every time you pull the cord. Powered by a 175cc overhead valve engine, the rugged mulch-capable blade slices through thick grass easily, giving you a clean, precise cut with each pass. Equipped with 6 variable speeds and the power to mulch, bag or spread clippings, this Craftsman lawn mower gets the job done, at the pace you want. Pull the cord and get to work.
- Smooth Start Plus – Easier to pull and more consistent, surefire starting with exclusive MRS spark plug PLUS no prime, no choke
- Most Reliable Starting (MRS) spark plug — Makes starting easier and lasts longer
- 6-speed selector variable speed propelled – Allows operator to set maximum speed to match desired pace and creates better traction for hilly yards with rear wheel drive design
- Precision Plus™ cutting system delivers high-performance bagging and mulching with a durable blade, giving your lawn a manicured appearance
- 21 in. 3-in-1 deck — Choose options from side discharge, mulch to put nutrients back into the lawn or bag clippings for disposal
- Deck design extends beyond wheels for more precise trimming and edging
- Single-lever deck height adjustment with 6 positions for quick and accurate adjustments
- Flexible cutting heights ranging from 1.25 to 3.75 in. for any lawn or grass type
- EZ Empty rear bagger with Dust Blocker™ (1.9 Bu) reduces the amount of dust while allowing the bag to completely fill with clippings
- 8 in. front and 8 in. rear wheels
- EZ Deck Wash system is equipped to connect to garden hose for easy cleaning, preventing grass buildup for better cutting performance
- Ergonomic, padded handle for increased mowing comfort and reduced user fatigue
- Unit comes fully assembled
- Warranty: 2 years
- Available in 50 states
- * As rated by engine manufacturer
Added on January 19, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Replaced a 25+ year old Lawn-boy. The drive and blade bail handles feel and operate as well as the old mower. I always preferred the rear drive and this one doesn't disappoint. Started on the first pull out of the box and has lots of power. The only issue I have is when mulching grass that's gotten a bit high clippings tend to build up until I lift the mower to allow them to blow out something that didn't happen with the Lawn-boy. Other than that a great all around mower.
The box the mower was shipped in was destroyed and had been taped together. The shipper said Sears usually shipped mowers strapped to pallets, and suspected that as reason box didn't hold up. The only damage I found was the drive bale was dislodged and was able to reinstall fairly easily. On a positive note the mower has performed well, I use it at the lowest speed setting. The only operational issue I have found is the left front wheel rubs on the mower housing at any height setting other than the highest. I believe I can fix that, and if I don't encounter any other issues, I won't return mower due to wheel issue.
Purchased this mower and can't say enough good about it. Its light weight and the single lever height adjustment is great. The Briggs & Stratton overhead valve engine has power to spare. The 6 speed transmission allows you to select the speed that fits you best and works great on hills and uneven ground. So get this mower you will be impressed.
Does an excellent job mowing the Lawn. Love the ability to use the various speeds or to use it manually. Also this is such a well built & attractive piece of machinery.
Forest Hill, MD
This is a great mower with a powerful engine. Starts on first pull! The 6 speed is a great feature and allows you to adjust the speed as needed. The only problem is the bolts that secure the handle vibrate loose, added some loctite and all is good. Highly recommend.
The Sears CX series 21" rear drive mower model # 37481 is made by MTD. MTD makes two very similiar mowers for Troy-Bilt and CubCadet. I like the fact that Sears uses a Briggs and Stratton engine on this model. The similiar Cub Cadet model uses a foreign engine which is lighter but less powerful than the Briggs. I do not like mowers that use "easy-walk" drive levers. I prefer mowers that use upper and lower "bail" handles as found on the Sears and Cub Cadet. The major design flaw with the Sears and Cub Cadet models is that the handle is ergonomically shaped. I am 6'5" tall with very large hands. I cannot reach the bottom bail to engage the self-propel. Most commercial models use a handle that goes straight across at the top and therefore the bails are also straight. This design gives you the best control for in and out movement in tight areas and for "feathering" the bail as terrain changes. More control relates to safer conditions and less fatigue.