Craftsman CX Series 33 in 357cc Dual-Stage Snowblower w/ EZ SteerItem# 07188397000 | Model# 88397
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Impeller Diameter:||16 in.|
|Intake Height (In.):||22|
|Color and Styling:|
|Auger Type:||Serrated steel auger|
|Clearing Width (In.):||33|
|Number of Rotor Blades:||4|
|Number of Stages:||Dual Stage|
|Single Hand Control:||Yes|
|Skid Shoes:||Deluxe Glide-Tech|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Auger Material:||Serrated Steel|
|Handle Type:||Deluxe Panel|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||6|
|Number of Reverse Speeds:||2|
|Variable Trigger Speed:||Yes|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||357|
|Starter Type:||Push button|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||16" x 6.5" X-Trac|
|Chute Control:||Crank Manual|
|Maximum Chute Rotation:||190 deg.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Limited Warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Enjoy Removing Snow from Your Sidewalk with this 33" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower
Housing a powerful 357cc engine, the Craftsman 33" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower is designed to deliver maximum performance. A 33-inch clearing width and 22-inch intake height helps you clear more snow in less time. A 16-inch serrated steel auger pulls snow into a powerful 16-inch high-speed impeller that can discharge large volumes of heavy, wet snow.
Tool-less drift cutters on this 33" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower knife through hard-packed, icy snow drifts, making it easier to power your way through and efficiently clear them. In-dash LED headlights illuminate the clearing path and heated hand-grips keep your fingers comfortable on those windy and snowy days. With a two-year limited warranty, this brawny snow thrower is perfect for use during those wintry days.
- With six forward and two reverse, power-propelled speeds, the Craftsman 33" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower can power through any kind of snow
- A 33-inch clearing width and 22-inch intake height lets you clear a wide driveway with ease
- Remote chute control and joystick pitch control allow easy adjustment of height and distance of snow discharge
- Extreme capacity discharge chute throws large volumes of snow in a tight pattern avoiding snow blow back
- Single hand operation eliminates starts and stops, allowing you to use the other hand for on-the-go adjustments
- 357cc four-cycle OHV engine comes with trigger controlled Zero-turn steering technology for better maneuverability
- 16" x 6.5" X-Trac tires and tool-less drift cutters are ideal for use in heavy snow conditions
- Heated hand grips and mitten-grip starter handle for comfortable operations in cold temperatures
- Large deluxe Glide-Tech skid shoes keep driveway damage-free
- Available in a black/red finish
- Two year limited warranty
Added on April 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
I live in Alaska and its not uncommon for us to have 3+ inches of snow 3-4 days a week. That means lots of time moving snow. We just moved in and our driveway is about 6-7000 square feet with a large hill leading up to the house which often requires a running start with the cars. This thrower gets me done in under 30 minutes. At 33 inches, it s a big snowblower. It has the same engine as the smaller 30 inch model and it never felt even close to underpowered. Its easy to maneuver with the power steering. Its starts easily. I haven't even bothered to use the electric start because it has been starting on the first pull. I ran it for the first time in after it had snowed three times with freezing rain in between each now fall. Essentially there was 15 inches of snow accumulated which was pretty hard and crusty in multiple layers. This thing got through it in a little over 30 minutes. So basically, in the worst of circumstances it only took 5 more minutes to clear the snow than when there is only 4 inches of fluff on the ground. This was easy to assemble. You just raise up the handle bars and fasten them in place then you bolt down the snow chute, put some gas in it. (they already put oil in it) and you're good to go. It was harder to uncrate than it was to assemble. You will need a pick up truck or cargo can to haul this thing though. even a suburban isn't big enough. Cons: The snow chute elevator sticks requiring manual dislodging of the chute. Also the head light does a good job of illuminating the snow chute but does a poor job of lighting the way ahead...sort of annoying this time of year in Alaska. The light itself is plenty bright and LED. Someone should figure out how to mount lights on a snowblower so they actually work. Bottom line: I'm very happy with this snowblower and for $1750 in Alaska, its the best value around.
Lake in the Hills, IL
Bought this about 2wks prior to the unknown 2' to 3' deep snow storm of 2010-2011. Was going to try to use the old one that winter until sold. Opened garage door and had veiwed my three wide drive, 2' was shallowest to the right and drifted to 3' to the left. Started on the left side as that was the intake height, it sliced right through it as nothing was therre and tossed the snow across the top of the other two drives adjacent to it. Entering the far left side the snow was about 3" above snow cutters(the tips disapeared from sight) yet still dump the snow into the other half of the thrower completely. Then had to enter street to get to a front parking area, recessed into 5' retaining wall area with center stairway, sliced through 3 1/2 ' of snow getting around street corner to get there non stop. cleared all the recessed area out with no back up and re-entry at all. Last winter was only 4 snow storms of 6" each, no challenge to it. This winter ??? With this machine now worry,
Toms River, NJ
this machine is huge and powerful.....it starts on the first pull everytime or you can plug it in to start with push button.the power steering works very well....only used once about a month ago....waiting for more snow...this machine can move a lot of snow...its worth every penny. i may buy another one....its a heavyweight machine.ane its very easy to handle....the heavier the better for going through ice banks....built like a brick....
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.