Craftsman CX Series 45 in 420cc* Dual-Stage Snowblower w/ EZ SteerItem# 07188398000 | Model# 88398
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Impeller Diameter:||16 in.|
|Intake Height (In.):||22|
|Color and Styling:|
|Auger Type:||Serrated steel auger|
|Clearing Width (In.):||45|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||490|
|Number of Stages:||Dual Stage|
|Single Hand Control:||Yes|
|Skid Shoes:||Deluxe Glide-Tech|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Auger Material:||Serrated Steel|
|Handle Type:||Deluxe Panel|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||6|
|Number of Reverse Speeds:||2|
|Variable Trigger Speed:||Yes|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||420|
|Starter Type:||Push button|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||Dual 16" x 6.5" X-Trac|
|Chute Control:||Crank Manual|
|Maximum Chute Rotation:||190 deg.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Limited Warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Maximize Snow Removal Performance with This 45" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower
Featuring a brawny 420cc engine, the Craftsman 45" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower is built for heavy-duty use. Extra wide 45-inch clearing width means your driveway will be clear in minutes. The deluxe Glide-Tech skid shoes slide over pavers and bricks smoothly ensuring damage-free performance. Features like plow style handles, Zero-turn steering system, heated hand grips and push-button electric start make snow removal a breeze.
Dual 16" x 6.5" X-Trac tires in this 45" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower offer greater traction in slippery snow terrains. In-dash LED headlight sheds a glow on your clearing path, enhancing visibility for added safety. Watch in amazement as the tool-less drift cutters knife through hard-packed, icy snow drifts, making it easier to power your way through and efficiently clear them. Park this potent snow thrower in your garage reassured that the patented deluxe Glide-Tech skid shoes will eliminate the chance of rust stains.
- Use the remote chute control on this Craftsman 45" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower for a 190-degree rotation adjustment while on-the-go
- With six forward and two reverse, power-propelled speeds you can power through everything from light powdered snow to heavy wet slush
- A 45-inch clearing width and a 22-inch intake height lets you clear a wide driveway with ease
- Extreme capacity discharge chute throws large volumes of snow in a tight pattern avoiding snow blow back
- Single hand operation enhances the ease for on-the-go adjustments
- 420cc four-cycle OHV Craftsman engine comes with trigger controlled Zero-turn steering technology for better maneuverability
- 16" x 6.5" X-Trac tires and tool-less drift cutters are ideal for use in heavy snow conditions
- Heated hand grips and mitten-grip starter handle for comfortable operation in cold temperatures
- Large deluxe Glide-Tech skid shoes keep driveway damage-free
- It's available in a black/red finish
- Item Weight: 490 lbs.
- Two year limited warranty
Added on October 31, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased the snowblower for my cabin in the mountains. Couldn't wait for the first snow fall. Sears delivered the blower and it was ready to go, just add gas. (I hate to assemble things). While i was only blowing 6 inches of wet heavy snow the machine was up to the task throwing it 30 feet or more. This is a large machine and it does a great job.
Pros: Fast, excellent and dependable delivery. It was un-crated, oiled and assembled. Just add fuel. Started on the first pull. Cons: It does NOT have clearance for a gravel driveway at all. It digs right in and scoops the gravel right up like a steam shovel. I'm ordering custom made metal skids to get enough lift to hopefully use it. The short/shallow rubber skids provide virtually no lift at all, but are probably fine on smooth paved surface. You'll have to call Sears to track down the proper shear pins too, since the website is confusing on what-fits-what (I now have three packs of the wrong shear pins). Even the guy on the phone seemed to have problems finding the model number. The actual pins for this model cost five bucks EACH, even though they're only about a 1/4 inch longer than the ones that cost a buck fifty. There's no way a designed-to-fail shear pin should cost more than a dollar to produce. Booo! to Sears' five dollar pins.
- FREE DELIVERY on Craftsman Gas Snow Blowers over $579 sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Nov-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only Extra 5% off Craftsman Snowblowers/Throwers. Reflected in price shown. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Nov-2014 See details.