Specifications & Dimensions
|Warranty Detail Link:||craftsman warranty|
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|General Warranty:||10 years motor, 90 day parts/labor|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||38.5|
|Battery Backup Function:||Yes|
|Motor Power Type:||DC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||Yes|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman DC Garage Door Opener: Dependable Like Nothing Else
Backed by Diehard power, this Garage Door Opener DC Belt system delivers smooth opens, secure closes and powerful illumination even when the rest of the house is pitch black. Solid, dependable and loaded with cutting edge technological features, this opener senses movement in the garage and turns the light on for you. In addition to lighting your path, it displays the time and temperature along with displaying info in multiple languages.
The built-in PosiLock® System delivers a level of tightly sealed garage security that you’ll wish the rest of the house had, and if you’re short of keys, no problem. With a wireless, keyless entry pad system, just punch in your four digit pin code and gain access to your garage in seconds. Powerful, convenient and backed-up to weather power outtages, the Craftsman DC Garage Door Opener delivers every time you pull into the drive way. Go ahead, strap this machine to your garage ceiling and get dependable operation that’s built Craftsman tough.
- Includes power unit, two remotes, control console, wireless keyless entry pad, battery back-up unit, safety sensors, rail, hardware, operators manual
- The Craftsman Garage Door Opener DC Belt with 3/4 HPS® works even when there’s a power outage
- Belt drive and DC motor for ultra quiet operation and soft-start/stop performance
- DieHard® DC Battery back-up is always charged allowing door control, safety sensors and remote controls to operate on battery power for 20 open/close cycles
- Includes 2 Security +® 3-function remotes are perfect for multi-car families
- LCD Smart-Motion Detecting control console opens and closes door from inside garage while sensing your presence and turning on opener lights automatically
- Provides time, temperature, light and lock settings and system diagnostic messages
- Wireless keyless entry pad allows access to garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN
- Security +® Anti-Burglary Coding rolling code changes every time button on the remote is pushed
- PosiLock® System securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage
- Manual Release Capability allows you to manually open or close garage door
- Safety reversing sensors create an invisible beam that senses any obstruction in the way of the closing door and automatically reverses door before contact is made
- HomeLink® with QuickTrain™ Technology
- Light delay feature turns lights off after a maximum of 4-1/2 minutes
- Extension kits to complete installation for 8' and 10' doors are available
- Professional installation available
- Weighs 38.9 lbs.
- Warranty: 10 year motor; 3 year parts
Added on February 16, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Beware... Sears does not stand behind the 3 year parts warranty after 90 days as it reads in your manual ! Bought 2 in December and installed in April. Garage door started going back up by itself last week. The position sensor on the motor is bad. The only way they MAY honor the warranty is if you spend $99 for a technician to come to your house and then in turn orders the part. Otherwise they will only sell you this less than $50 value part by buying the entire motor for $109. Your roped in to their service. Battled this for days on the phone as they bounced me from department to department or disconnected from the call. I was never rude at any time. Do NOT buy craftsman and know that SEARS does NOT value you as a customer. I have been a loyal customer for 30 years and spent thousands this year alone. They do NOT care. Willing to lose a customer over a $50 part. REFUSE to pay 1/2 of the purchase price of this opener for a technician to tell me I need the part I already know is bad. Pulled the part from my 2nd opener and moved to my most active door. Will never buy Sears and/or Craftsman again. Researching to see if this is legal based on the language in thier warranty. Frustrated does not begin to describe me right now!
Look no further...this is a wonderful product in every way. I purchased one for my detached garage, and when my older Craftsman garage door openers finally fail, that I have installed on my house attached 2 car garage, I will purchase 2 more of these garage door openers to replace them. Love the backup feature, and the quiet running of the belt drive system. Actually there is nothing that I dislike about this door opener. Buy it and enjoy it!
San Antonio, TX
Canyon Country, CA
I purchased on sale for under $190.00, definitely worth the money at the regular price. Normal installation is a breeze, except for the fact that there's a support beam across my finished garage ceiling, so I had to shorten the rail 3", and the belt 6". It would be nice if Craftsman provided on-line or toll free technical support, which unlike Genie, they do not. Very quiet unit that can't even be heard in the overhead master bedroom. We love it!
Pleasant Valley, NY
White Lake, MI
Installation took about 3 to 4 hrs. Adjustment would have taken about 30 minutes if i followed instructions word for word. Overall this GDO is worth the money and time to install yourself.
Beware. Sears no longer provided technical support for garage door openers. Mine died after on 1+ years and Sears will only send a technician to determine the problem. Parts are warranteed, however, the technician charge starts at $80...for a $200 product. Junk.
I bought two of these units to replace a genie from the 1970's and a new install on my other door. The units were relatively easy to install by yourself but make sure you check for any addendums to the installation manual. In my case each unit came with different instructions, one had the addendum to make them equal. Overall I'm very satisfied with the product. They are much quieter than the screw drive I had installed. The battery backup is a nice feature as well.