Craftsman 3/4 HP DC Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard Battery Back-UpItem# 00953918000 | Model# 53918
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|General Warranty:||10 years motor, 90 day parts/labor|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||38.5|
|Battery Backup Function:||Yes|
|Motor Power Type:||DC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||Yes|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Open Door Monitor:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman DC Garage Door Opener: Dependable Like Nothing Else
Backed by Diehard® power, this Garage Door Opener DC Belt system delivers smooth opens, secure closes and powerful illumination even when the rest of the house is pitch black. Solid, dependable and loaded with cutting edge technological features, this opener senses movement in the garage and turns the light on for you. In addition to lighting your path, it displays the time and temperature along with displaying info in multiple languages.
The built-in Posi-Lock® System delivers a level of tightly sealed garage security that you’ll wish the rest of the house had, and if you’re short of keys, no problem. With a wireless, key less entry pad system, just punch in your four digit pin code and gain access to your garage in seconds. Powerful, convenient and backed-up to weather power outages, the Craftsman DC Garage Door Opener delivers every time you pull into the drive way. Go ahead, strap this machine to your garage ceiling and get dependable operation that’s built Craftsman tough.
Free shipping! Orders $59 or more including this Craftsman Garage Door Opener
Look for 'ship free' to find qualifying products. Applies to mailiable products sold by Sears and Kmart. Excludes Marketplace and delivery items. Additional exclusions apply. Please see offer details on qualifying product pages. Applies to items Sold by Sears AND Kmart. This promotion is not eligible with international orders. FREE Standard Shipping on orders of $59 or more applies to mailable items Sold by Sears AND Kmart. Excludes Agio brand, Food & Grocery, Compact Refrigerators, Fencing, Tires, Wheels, Lawn Mowers, Tractor Attachments, Pet Food, Pet Litter & Supplies, Pools and Accessories, Trampolines, Outdoor Playsets, Kids Outdoor Vehicles, Wagons, Easels, Art Desks, Kitchen and Housekeeping Playsets, Treadmills, Ellipticals, Pilates Machines, Home Gyms and Weight Sets, Rowers and Steppers, Inversion Tables, Exercise Bikes, Bikes and Accessories, Scooters, Backboards and Rims, Game Room Tables, Tents, Air Conditioners, select Tool items and Automotive Services. Offer applies to merchandise shipped via normal UPS ground service only (most items under 150 lbs). Offer does not extend to items purchased from landsend.com, Sears Parts Direct, Sears licensed partner websites, digital services, Sears Presents, and Shop At Home catalogs. Free shipping value varies by ship to location. Items shipped via lowest cost or ground shipping method. Lowest cost and ground shipping methods only apply to orders shipped to the US continental 48 states, and the District of Columbia (does not apply to shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Canada, Mexico, the U.S. Virgin Islands or to Military APO/FPO addresses). Products over 35lbs cannot be shipped to APO/FPO locations - all APO/FPO shipments are USPS. Estimated offer value ranges from $6.80 to $64. Offer excludes shipping costs on Oversized Shipping or In-Home Oversized Shipping Items.
- Includes power unit, two remotes, control console, wireless keyless entry pad, battery back-up unit, safety sensors, rail, hardware, operators manual
- The Craftsman Garage Door Opener DC Belt with 3/4 HPS® works even when there’s a power outage
- Belt drive and DC motor for ultra quiet operation and soft-start/stop performance
- DieHard® DC Battery back-up is always charged allowing door control, safety sensors and remote controls to operate on battery power for 20 open/close cycles
- Includes 2 Security +® 3-function remotes are perfect for multi-car families
- LCD Smart-Motion Detecting control console opens and closes door from inside garage while sensing your presence and turning on opener lights automatically
- Provides time, temperature, light and lock settings and system diagnostic messages
- Wireless keyless entry pad allows access to garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN
- Security +® Anti-Burglary Coding rolling code changes every time button on the remote is pushed
- PosiLock® System securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage
- Manual Release Capability allows you to manually open or close garage door
- Safety reversing sensors create an invisible beam that senses any obstruction in the way of the closing door and automatically reverses door before contact is made
- HomeLink® with QuickTrain™ Technology
- Light delay feature turns lights off after a maximum of 4-1/2 minutes
- Extension kits to complete installation for 8' and 10' doors are available
- Professional installation available
- Weighs 38.9 lbs.
- Warranty: 10 year motor; 3 year parts
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Beware... Sears does not stand behind the 3 year parts warranty after 90 days as it reads in your manual ! Bought 2 in December and installed in April. Garage door started going back up by itself last week. The position sensor on the motor is bad. The only way they MAY honor the warranty is if you spend $99 for a technician to come to your house and then in turn orders the part. Otherwise they will only sell you this less than $50 value part by buying the entire motor for $109. Your roped in to their service. Battled this for days on the phone as they bounced me from department to department or disconnected from the call. I was never rude at any time. Do NOT buy craftsman and know that SEARS does NOT value you as a customer. I have been a loyal customer for 30 years and spent thousands this year alone. They do NOT care. Willing to lose a customer over a $50 part. REFUSE to pay 1/2 of the purchase price of this opener for a technician to tell me I need the part I already know is bad. Pulled the part from my 2nd opener and moved to my most active door. Will never buy Sears and/or Craftsman again. Researching to see if this is legal based on the language in thier warranty. Frustrated does not begin to describe me right now!
New Florence, PA
This is the 2nd of these units that I have installed this year. This one replaced an old one at a relative's home as I recommended this model for them after installing one in my garage. They have multiple power outages in their area due to grid problems so this model made the most sense and it has been a solid performer for me and the battery backup allows for normal operation when the power is out.
I bought this primarily to address a problem I was having with previous Craftsman 1/2 HP where the unit was reversing during opening about 2 times out of 10. I took a gamble that a 3/4 HP unit would be better suited to the 1950s wooden single double-wide door, giving it a little extra ooompff. The door is heavy! So far so good! And some great icing on the cake with the digital readout wall panel (time and temperature) and motion sensor light. Battery backup and keyless entry. Awesome.
the item works great but it would be very helpful if you would tell people the opener is only for a 7' door that you have to buy an extension kit for 50.00 dollars if you have a bigger door I would recommend this opener to some one but I would tell them they have to buy an ext. kit if the door is over 7'
Got the door opener for both doors. Installation was normal of a door opener. Took some time to set the travel limits, at first the opener tried to go thru the wall. But it is so quiet. Has to be since the garage sits under the master bedroom. The major gripe I have and the reason I can't give it 5 stars is the bad range the remotes have. Still fiddling with the antenna to optimize the range to see if it helps. The motion detectors are nice for flipping on the lights when one is in the garage, and turns it off. I have a habit of leaving on the light before. I hope there is a way to increase the range of the remotes.
Saint Petersburg, FL
The unit is great. Has a lot of helpful features. It is easy to install due to detailed step by step instructions and was simple to program.
San Jose, CA
Self Install straight forward with the instructions provided. Quiet belt drive, better features than the one it replaces. Like the battery backup, rolling codes on the remotes and the lock feature that disables remote operation. Use the lock feature whenever the car is garaged for increased security
Pleasant View, TN
Our garage door opener finally bit the dust, so we were forced to buy a new one, The one we chose is much more quiet than the old one. You can't hear it when it has been activated. I am pleased.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.