Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|General Warranty:||10 years motor, 90 day parts/labor|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||38.5|
|Battery Backup Function:||Yes|
|Motor Power Type:||DC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||Yes|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Open Door Monitor:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman DC Garage Door Opener: Dependable Like Nothing Else
Backed by Diehard® power, this Garage Door Opener DC Belt system delivers smooth opens, secure closes and powerful illumination even when the rest of the house is pitch black. Solid, dependable and loaded with cutting edge technological features, this opener senses movement in the garage and turns the light on for you. In addition to lighting your path, it displays the time and temperature along with displaying info in multiple languages.
The built-in Posi-Lock® System delivers a level of tightly sealed garage security that you’ll wish the rest of the house had, and if you’re short of keys, no problem. With a wireless, key less entry pad system, just punch in your four digit pin code and gain access to your garage in seconds. Powerful, convenient and backed-up to weather power outages, the Craftsman DC Garage Door Opener delivers every time you pull into the drive way. Go ahead, strap this machine to your garage ceiling and get dependable operation that’s built Craftsman tough.
- Includes power unit, two remotes, control console, wireless keyless entry pad, battery back-up unit, safety sensors, rail, hardware, operators manual
- The Craftsman Garage Door Opener DC Belt with 3/4 HPS® works even when there’s a power outage
- Belt drive and DC motor for ultra quiet operation and soft-start/stop performance
- DieHard® DC Battery back-up is always charged allowing door control, safety sensors and remote controls to operate on battery power for 20 open/close cycles
- Includes 2 Security +® 3-function remotes are perfect for multi-car families
- LCD Smart-Motion Detecting control console opens and closes door from inside garage while sensing your presence and turning on opener lights automatically
- Provides time, temperature, light and lock settings and system diagnostic messages
- Wireless keyless entry pad allows access to garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN
- Security +® Anti-Burglary Coding rolling code changes every time button on the remote is pushed
- PosiLock® System securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage
- Manual Release Capability allows you to manually open or close garage door
- Safety reversing sensors create an invisible beam that senses any obstruction in the way of the closing door and automatically reverses door before contact is made
- HomeLink® with QuickTrain™ Technology
- Light delay feature turns lights off after a maximum of 4-1/2 minutes
- Extension kits to complete installation for 8' and 10' doors are available
- Professional installation available
- Weighs 38.9 lbs.
- Warranty: 10 year motor; 3 year parts
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Beware... Sears does not stand behind the 3 year parts warranty after 90 days as it reads in your manual ! Bought 2 in December and installed in April. Garage door started going back up by itself last week. The position sensor on the motor is bad. The only way they MAY honor the warranty is if you spend $99 for a technician to come to your house and then in turn orders the part. Otherwise they will only sell you this less than $50 value part by buying the entire motor for $109. Your roped in to their service. Battled this for days on the phone as they bounced me from department to department or disconnected from the call. I was never rude at any time. Do NOT buy craftsman and know that SEARS does NOT value you as a customer. I have been a loyal customer for 30 years and spent thousands this year alone. They do NOT care. Willing to lose a customer over a $50 part. REFUSE to pay 1/2 of the purchase price of this opener for a technician to tell me I need the part I already know is bad. Pulled the part from my 2nd opener and moved to my most active door. Will never buy Sears and/or Craftsman again. Researching to see if this is legal based on the language in thier warranty. Frustrated does not begin to describe me right now!
This is scary quiet. My wife can now sneak into the garage without me hearing her. Intended to install myself, but pro installation was inexpensive and got rid of the old + took two hours instead of my two days, so I went with it. Seemed to take a couple days for all the controllers to sync up and work on the first push. Fine now. It operates a hair slower than the old one. No kinda problem, just slightly noticeable. The thermometer feature in the indoor wall unit is off to the point of useless and the clock feature in same resets to start point every couple days. Quit using them. No big deal. The motion detector light feature is nice if one has a reason for it. I don't, but the illuminated panel in the wall unit (also motion operated) makes for a nice night light. Manual says battery replacement every three to five years. Like I'll remember that. Till I need it and it doesn't work. Hoping the little wall unit information panel will bring it to my attention a few days/weeks beforehand. Way easy to program/reprogram the remotes. Smart. Recommended.
Oklahoma City, OK
I bought this in 2010 and it worked great. In less than 2 years the battery went out and wasn't covered under warranty. After 3 years and 10 months the entire opener doesn't work. It is not covered under warranty anymore. I will not buy craftsman brand again!
The opener installed well and operated perfectly. I even had to buy the extension for an 8' door and it was an easy job. The machine is super quiet and fast enough for our liking. The only issue we have had is the wireless keypad. It stopped working 3 weeks after the install and locked my tween son out of the house. After multiple times reprograming the unit I finally gave up and tried Sears guest service. The only option presented to me was to spend over $50 on a new wireless keypad. I was sure to explain that this was a new unit and is obviously faulty. They explained that accessories are not covered under any warrantee! I ended up buying a new keypad. (Not like I was going to take down the opener and return it!) The keypad bought in store is slightly different. We've had it for a few weeks now and works fine. Overall, Great opener with poor backing from a floundering company.
I've been using it for 6 months with minor issues. Last month the control panel just stopped working, I moved the wires around and found just a bad connection. For the last few months one of the light bulbs been making a noise like it had a bad connection. I called earlier today because now that light doesn't always turn on until I move the socket around. Everything was going good and right before I confirmed the service appointment I asked if this is covered by the warranty just to be sure and was told the parts are but not the labor to install them. What kind of bull is that!? I only bought this 7 months ago and installed it a month later. Paying someone probably around $100 to fix a small problem on a $200 machine doesn't sound very smart to me
Paw Paw, MI
Bought this for my garage. It is awesome. Kicks my overhead door units but thats in the house. Takes a while to set up but dont see how you can cut any time off. FYI- I have a 9x16 door so I bought this and a 10' chamberlain extension since sears didnt have the 10' craftsman one and everything went smoothly. If this goes on sale again I might swap my overhead door unit.
This opener is used to open a 9-foot-tall two-car-wide insulated garage door on a daily basis. No problems or difficulties experienced other than we realized we needed an extension section due to the additional height of the garage door. Thankfully, the local ********** had chamberlain garage door opener parts so that we could finish installation in a single afternoon.
Tinley Park, IL
I don't need to reiterate any of the great points already made for this product. Just one important note: the light bulb prongs in the socket do not protrude far enough to accommodate shorter necks in fluorescent and LED bulbs. I managed to get it working by pulling up on the prongs with a screwdriver WITH THE POWER DISCONNECTED. BTW, this unit is really easy to install...took all of 2 hours to replace the old Genie unit with this one.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get this Sold by Sears item for a limited time Online Only hot price! Offer ends 03-May-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.