Craftsman Dog Bone Metric Wrench (each)- Standard and Metric Sold SeparatelyItem# 00914278000 | Model# 14278
Specifications & Dimensions
|Color/Finish:||Full polish finish|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.1|
Ratings & Reviews
Metric Dog Bone Wrench is Eight Tools in One
Get any job done more easily with the help of this Craftsman Dog Bone Met Wrench from Sears. This eight-in-one metric wrench from Dog Bone swivels on either end to offer eight different wrench sizes (12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19mm)-Simply rotate the clearly marked wrench ends to find the size you're looking for. All those options save you space in your toolbox, which allows for better organization or more room to expand your tool collection.
The swivel head of this Metric Dog Bone Wrench also allows for easier access; it fits any angle, so you can get the job done even when dealing with tight spaces. You can trust it to stand up to task after task thanks to its strong, durable Cr-Mo Steel construction. Plus, it's triple chrome plated with a full-polish finish, for corrosion resistance and easier cleaning. Won't strip bolt or nut heads. Ideal for oil drain plugs.
- This Craftsman Dog Bone Met Wrench is your eight-in-one solution to a cluttered toolbox
- Streamline your workspace with one metric wrench that offers eight sizes (12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19mm)
- Go-Thru swivel head fits any angle, allowing for easier access
- Built-in eight-pound magnet doubles as an oil drain plug or nut holder
- Cr-Mo steel construction for ultimate strength and durability
- Triple chrome plated with full-polish finish, so it's easy to clean and corrosion resistant
- Cam-Lock six-point Socket System provides larger contact area
- Won't strip bolt or nut heads
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on August 12, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have a entire tool box full of tools, but this one is awesome. I have had experience with other brands of Dogbone type wrenches and they're great, but this one comes with the Craftsman Warranty. It replaces 8 different sizes of wrenches in one tool, which is great if your as disorganized as I am, and It has a magnetic button on it to either hold onto a bolt or use as a pick up tool when you drop it in an inconvinent spot. For tight spaces I would still keep around some traditional wrenches as the heads on this guy have quite the girth, but for all around jobs this is a great multi-tool.
Buyer - beware. This product is not made in the USA, but rather is an import from China. Although this tool is marketed under Craftsman Innovation, it is in fact the 2nd dogbone wrench offered by the brand in the past decade or so. Regrettably, this tool does not measure up to its predecessor. There doesn't appear to be much of a standard for the tolerance of the connecting pin on each end, as in going through the box at Sears, I found some wrenches to be very loose (socket spins freely), whereas others have a good snap action when brought into place. Others were excessively tight, almost binding. Likewise, the chrome finish seems to be of an inferior grade to most Craftsman tools made in the USA, and I did notice several tools that had deep scratches or chips in their finish. Overall, this would be an okay tool if marketed under the Companion or Evolv brands, but it doesn't meet the Craftsman standard in my book.
I bought this for one of my technicians and it's just like the one I had bought from Matco Tools. It looks and works the same, but 1/2 the price. Probably made by the same company.
I'm not a fan of all-in-one tools, but that being said this performs pretty well. I carry it in my vehicle to reduce the number of wrenches required in a confined storage area.
This would be the perfect tool if they would only do a few minor tweaks: 1. incorporate the universal socket design so one wrench would do both metric and US. 2. Include 8 and 10 millemeter sizing...maybe a 5 socket head or incorporate the multizized socket design similar to competing toolmaker. 3. Make it in the USA. With these simple changes and a couple of Max Axess renches in my vehicles and on my ATV I could handle most things. Now if they'd only come up with a strong universal screwdriver that the tips don't get lost or fall out....maybe I just haven't found the right one? Put those 3 or 4 items in a small, compact stacked tool box and rule the world....
Horn Lake, MS
I use this tool on Marine Diesel engines and the unlimited angles, leverage and fit in bolts is outstanding. Also, I don't have to worry about hunting around for lost sockets in the bilge. Pice is excellent. Buy both the Standard and Metric sizes.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Black Friday Prices Now! Get these Sold By Sears items while they last! Ends 12/7 6:59pm Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.
- Plus, members get $10 back in points with any tool purchase over $20, sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.