Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||Files: 8 L, 6 L, 8 L, 10 L in. ; Hobby Handle: 4 L in.|
Ratings & Reviews
10 pc. File Set Customized Finishing Touches
If you need to add those all-important finishing touches your work, you'll be glad to have the Craftsman Evolv 10 pc. File Set in your toolbox. It comes with ten brilliant files to choose from. You can select just the right to complete specific jobs. Because this set knows the files you need the most, it includes the six most popular files. Among these is the 8 inch 4 in hand, 6 inch round, 6 inch slim, 8 inch half round, 8 inches and 10 inches mill.
With this 10 pc. File Set, you can target the amount of wood you want chafed off. It gives you a wide range that lets you select the kind of finish you want. Apart from the six most popular files, you can also use the hobby files with handles on plastic and to get rid of extra shine. It is a resourceful set for professionals and also suitable for home use.
- The Craftsman Evolv 10 pc. File Set help you add desired finishing touches to your work
- Set comes with ten files for great range
- The 6 most popular files are included among the 10
- Popular files are the 8 inch in 4 hand, 6 inch round, 6 inch slim, 8 inch half round, 8 inch and 10 inch mill
- Use files to chafe off wood and whet blades on metal
- 4 inch hobby handles to use on plastic and metal
- Excellent set for professionals and home users
- Save you money by including great files in one set
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on November 16, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Highland Mills, NY
I bought this as a gift because it has a nice selection of files for various filing tasks. A good basic selection to have on hand. I felt more comfortable given the Craftsman name as well. I do not have any long term feedback on performance yet, but for the price, this appears to be a good value.
I never have a file when I needed one when I saw this set it was for me Flat, Rat Tail, And Handles very Nice. One of the best products for the money I would recommend for every home no need to be a Mechanic to own it.
Fort Worth, TX
Hard to beat for the price for the weekend DIYer. I was drawn in by the wide variety of files (I always seem to have one but not the one I need). Not pro-grade but surprisingly good quality and Craftsman lifetime "limited" warrantied (i.e. retain your proof of purchase for these). I suggest buying the Nicholson File Handle with Inserts, also sold at Sears ($4-$5 for the set I bought).
Purchased this set for $10. I really don't use files that much, but sometimes I need files for different tasks. This one has a wide assortment to use. These will work with metal or wood. Good set for the price.
This is a pretty decent file set for the money. Not the best or the worst quality, but it gets the job done at an affordable price. I would recommend this item to anyone looking for a good assortment of files.
This set gets you a decent number of files considering the price. I haven't gotten much use out of them yet, but my biggest concern with them is the handles. There's no cushion, so it's not the most pleasant to hold, and the handles just stick onto the files and seem like they might be prone to pulling off easily as they age. For occasional use though, these are a good value. If your looking for something to use more regularly, you might want to look to the higher end Craftsman sets.
This set has everything in it that you need as a basic homeowner. It is like everything else, as you have specific needs you might need different pieces, but this will get you going.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get $10 back in points when placing a tool order online for $99 and choosing free store pick up. Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.