Craftsman Evolv 3 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor with 2 in. Brad Nailer and Accessory KitItem# 00915206000 | Model# 42081
Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||One Year Limited Warranty|
|Maximum Operating Pressure (psi.):||100|
|SCFM Delivery At 40 psi:||1|
|SCFM Delivery At 90 psi:||0.6|
|Compressor Tank Capacity (gal.):||3|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||28.5|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Air Compressor Kit: Nail It Right
Whether you’re slapping up trim, tacking together a box or securing light paneling, the pancake air compressor and nailer are essential to help you tackle dozens of jobs. A great addition to wood shop, truck bed or traveling tool box, this set packs the punch you need to pin it tight and right. Skip chasing miters with screws, secure corners together with a brad in less than a second, just like the pros.
Featuring more than just a nailer, but a blow-gun, inflation needle, tire chuck and more, this Craftsman Air Compressor set delivers versatility that makes it an asset on dozens of jobs and chores. From topping up the tires on the work truck, inflating the kids’ basketball and blasting work surfaces clean, this kit delivers the power you need to get the job done. Built Craftsman tough, this kit delivers in the shop, at home and on site for years to come.
- Kit includes: 2 in. brad nailer, 100 nails, oil, hex wrench, 25 ft. recoil hose, inflation needle, tapered blow gun nozzle, blow gun adapter, blow gun safety nozzle, blow gun, tire chuck, 1/4 in. male quick connect plugs, thread seal tape, ¼ in. female quick connect body
- Craftsman pancake air compressor kit is ideal for projects both around the house and on-site
- Pancake style tank includes rubber feet for stability and vibration dampening
- A 1/3 HP running motor powers this compressor
- Uses standard 120 Volt power for convenience and portability
- Oil-free Pump means virtually maintenance free operation
- Max PSI Tank Pressure: 100
- Accessory Storage Compartment
- Lightweight and compact so it’s easy to move around
- Dimensions: 15-1/2" W x14" H x 15-1/2" L
- Weight: 28-1/2 lbs.
Added on April 07, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
A couple weeks ago (8/12) I picked up one of these units. My tasks involve inflating auto and bicycle tires, blowing out computers, keyboards, shoes, vehicles, and other hard to dust areas.
My unit had a noticeable leak in the quick release fitting and I ended up buying a new set of connectors to quickly solve the problem.
Once repaired, the unit was fairly loud for its ability, discharged rapidly (within 20-30 seconds) when used for dusting and blowing, and takes about 2-3 minutes to fill the tank again.
For light carpentry, the brad nailer is reasonable. Due to the low CFM you will run into lots of tools that require more pressure than this unit can provide.
I ended up returning the unit after they dropped the price ($10 short of a 50% price drop).
After researching a bit, I ordered the Ingersoll Rand Twinstack 2HP as it produces 4.4CFM and is the best reviewed unit I was able to find under $300. It'll last the rest of my lifetime if I treat it well and I won't have to "Evolv" again to know what a good performing compressor is.
One last note, while the IR Twinstack is available via the Sears marketplace, goofballs have listed it for well over the going price elsewhere and want a bill and a half for shipping which is also free at the largest online marketplace.
I really wanted to enjoy this portable compressor and I might still own it if the original price was as low as it is now. Since I had to return it, I decided to invest the money spent into a solid Ingersoll Rand compressor. If the IR is too pricey, hit up the Porter Cable pancake as it is a much better unit. Watch for shipping!
I picked up this air compressor mainly as something small to keep in the shed for filling up the car/motorcycle tires. The tire inflation tool didn't work so plan on getting a inflator end other than what comes in the box. the bonus was the finish nailer gun that came with it. I didn't need it, but I'll find a use for it.
Don't waste money on this unit, spend a little extra and get a good one. It won't hold air, so therefore it runs constantly. Another thing is, for such a small unit, it is very loud. A family member of mine has a big 80gal. unit that doesn't make as much noise as this thing. And the hose that comes with this is junk too.
I got this on sale, and am very pleased. Small and really functional unit which appears to be well built and will hopefully stand the test of time. Easy to operate (especially if one spends a few minutes going over the manual)... good value for the money.
I was looking for a smaller compressor to change the grips on my golf clubs and this one works just great at 40 psi for just that. The fact that it came with a brad nailer was icing on the cake. Have not tried the nailer or turned it up over 40 psi but I'm sure it will work fine, even if it doesn't I got what I wanted.
We bought this compressor to fill up our car tire, bike tires, and sports equipment. So far it has been used on all of the above and is working fine. It doesn't weigh a lot and it is easy to carry around. It also fits in the car easily and stores away neatly.
It's good for most light duty stuff like bike and car tires or even a trim brad nailer - my truck uses 35 psi, and I have no problem pumping em up. It is a little slow building up pressure, but what do you expect at this price? It's a little noisy, but I still can hear my wife yelling at me, so it 's not that bad. Get it if you don't intend to make it do what's it's not supposed to do. Good for mostly light duty stuff like I mentioned.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Black Friday Prices Now! Get these Sold By Sears items while they last! Ends 12/7 6:59pm Offer ends 06-Dec-2013 See details.