|Overall Dimensions:||12.625 x 5 x 5.5 in.|
|General Warranty:||90 Days Money Back Guarantee|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6|
|Switch Type:||Slide Switch|
|Type:||4 to 9 in. Right Angle Grinder|
|Lock On Switch:||Yes|
|Aux. Handle Type:||Side assist|
|Handle Type:||Side Handle|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Disc Spindle Size:||5/8 in. - 11 TPI (threads per inch)|
|Disc Size:||4-1/2 in.|
|Housing Material:||Metal Gear Cast|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|Package Contents:||Wrench, Grinding Wheel|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Angle Grinder Combines Power with Flexibility
Reach for the Craftsman Evolv 4.5 inch small angle grinder for both heavy duty and light jobs that call for grinding, cutting and more. This durable small angle grinder designed by Craftsman is the tool you'll need for removing rust and paint from metal or wood, grinding metal, cutting and even sharpening blades on other tools. It features 5.5 amps with a 10,000 RPM rating. This tool weighs just six pounds, so it's light and easy to carry where ever you need to go to get the job done.
The Craftsman angle grinder also comes with a metal grinding wheel, spanner wrench and side assist handle. It features a metal gear case to ensure long-lasting durability throughout the life of the tool. Other features include a convenient slide switch with lock-on for easy use plus a two-position side handle that adds comfort and control while grinding, cutting or performing other tasks. The spindle lock allows for easy accessory changes and is a 5/8" - 11 TPI (threads per inch) spindle.
- Use the Craftsman Evolv 4.5 inch small angle grinder for grinding metal components, removing rust or paint and for cutting metal, aluminum and other materials
- Includes a metal grinding wheel, spanner wrench and side assist handle
- Powerful motor boasts 5.5 amps and 10,000 RPMs to allow this tool the ability to handle even heavy-duty jobs
- Features a tough metal gear case to ensure durability and long-lasting life
- Other features include a convenient slide switch with lock-on plus a spindle lock for easy accessory changes
- Spindle size is 5/8" - 11 TPI (threads per inch)
- Enjoy the 2-position side handle that adds comfort and control when using the grinder on both light and heavy-duty jobs
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- A right-angle electric grinder
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on June 15, 2011
Overall, others give this:
New out of the box yesterday. Used it some yesterday and was using it today and grease shot out of the head and flew everywhere. A piece of junk. As the old saying goes "you get what you pay for". Over 30.00 for about three hours of use.
I haven't needed a grinder before, but I found myself involved in a project that was going to require me to remove dozens of large rusted bolts. After getting most of them off, I had several that stubbornly refused to cooperate. I knew that grinding the bolts off was the easiest method to remove them. So I found myself on sears.com researching to options. I picked this model because of the excellent reviews and lower price. I have to say I'm impressed with the purchase. It has no problem grinding through the 1/2 steel bolts. The wheel held up well and there was plenty of power. Obviously I don't know the long term reliability of the unit yet, but I have no reason to believe it wont hold up. It was well worth the money even for this one project. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.
I wanted to sharpen my lawn mower blades so I bought this tool. I've never done this before but it was super easy with this grinder. Easy to put the grinder pad on and watching one youtube video I was off. My lawn mower blade of one year was so dull, now it's so sharp I cut myself putting it back on! Highly recommend this tool
State College, PA
I only exchanged the evolve grinder to the craftsman one. It was on sale so I payed only $12 more. Everything I have purchased lately including my air compressor have alamazingamazing!
So far I have used this grinder to sharpen tools, cut some steel, and cut some concrete. This grinder has held up great in all cases. I would highly recommend it and can't beat the price. Compares to dewalt grinder 3x as much.
This Evolv Small Angle Gringer works well. Small saw and cutting blades also work well in close places. Grinding, cutting fiberglass, and small wood cuts. It's not a super saw but it does well for what it is made. Have recommended this saw to friends. On remodel job cut up and removed fiberglass shower without removing any of the wood frame around the shower or damaged any pipes.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.