Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||8.5" H x 7" W|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||4|
|General Warranty:||This product does not have a warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Help Keep Your Home, Shop or Worksite Clean with the Craftsman General Purpose Red Stripe Wet/Dry Vac Filter, 5 gallons or larger
The General Purpose Red Stripe Filter from Craftsman is an efficient filter that is designed to tackle everyday dirt like sawdust, wood chips, job site debris and car or truck dirt. With up to 10 times the surface area than standard foam filters, the Red Stripe Wet/Dry Vac Filter from Craftsman is fully assembled and ready for use.
The pleated paper technology creates an over sized surface area for efficient dust and dirt removal and can be easily cleaned.
This filter is compatible with all Current Craftsman Wet/ Dry Vacs 5 gallons and larger, as well as, 6 gallons vacs made since 1992 and 8, 12, 16, 32 gal. vacuums produced since 1988. To ensure maximum performance of your wet/dry vac, replace this filter or upgrade to #17912 or #17907 on a regular basis.
- The Craftsman General Purpose Red Stripe Filter is great for cleanup of everyday dirt like sawdust, wood chips, job site debris and car or truck dirt
- Fits all Current Craftsman Wet/Dry Vacs 5 gal. or larger
- Also fits 6 gal. vacs made since 1992 and 8, 12, 16, 32 gal. vacuums produced since 1988
- Fully assembled, so get it home and start using it
- Available in white/red
- Dimensions: 8 in. H; 6.75 in. diameter
- Item Weight: 4 lbs.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
They changed this filter and I was very hesitant to try this new one. I bought two for two of my Craftsman Shop Vacs and they work great. They are very easy to clean and install.
My main concern is how the top of this filter has to be opened to allow the filter to fit over the center post. The filters need to be changed back to the way the were and that is that both ends are opened. You use the replaceable top each time. Would I recommend this product? No, though the only one that can be used.
Purchased this filter through a small Sears store about a month ago. It is a remodel from the prior filter design, as it has an end cap with compression-type nut which replaces the old round plate and screw on nut. The theory is that as you screw the new filter cap onto the filter housing, it forces the compression portion of the new cap onto the old threaded stud on the vacuum. I was told by the store that this is the new approach, and the only filter solution for my old 16 gallon vacuum. The filter itself is a good product. The attachment mechanism in where I have problems. I have attached the new filter in the old vacuum twice only to find when emptying the vacuum that the filter has fallen off into the tank. Luckily, the motor itself has a course filter to avoid pulling debris into the motor. To be fair, the problems I experienced could be specific to my old vacuum, but I wanted to give folks a heads up.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.