Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||8.5" H x 7" W|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||4|
|General Warranty:||This product does not have a warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Help Keep Your Home, Shop or Worksite Clean with the Craftsman General Purpose Red Stripe Wet/Dry Vac Filter, 5 gallons or larger
The General Purpose Red Stripe Filter from Craftsman is an efficient filter that is designed to tackle everyday dirt like sawdust, wood chips, job site debris and car or truck dirt. With up to 10 times the surface area than standard foam filters, the Red Stripe Wet/Dry Vac Filter from Craftsman is fully assembled and ready for use.
The pleated paper technology creates an over sized surface area for efficient dust and dirt removal and can be easily cleaned.
This filter is compatible with all Current Craftsman Wet/ Dry Vacs 5 gallons and larger, as well as, 6 gallons vacs made since 1992 and 8, 12, 16, 32 gal. vacuums produced since 1988. To ensure maximum performance of your wet/dry vac, replace this filter or upgrade to #17912 or #17907 on a regular basis.
- The Craftsman General Purpose Red Stripe Filter is great for cleanup of everyday dirt like sawdust, wood chips, job site debris and car or truck dirt
- Fits all Current Craftsman Wet/Dry Vacs 5 gal. or larger
- Also fits 6 gal. vacs made since 1992 and 8, 12, 16, 32 gal. vacuums produced since 1988
- Fully assembled, so get it home and start using it
- Available in white/red
- Dimensions: 8 in. H; 6.75 in. diameter
- Item Weight: 4 lbs.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have several older Craftsman shop vacuums. These units have filters with separate cover plates that hold the filter in place. They unit has a threaded stud and a hold down nut that screws onto the plate and holds the filter in place. The hold down nut has a sort of flat lever handle attached on one side used to turn the nut. The new replacement filter has an integrated cover plate with a raised center ring presumably for newer vacuum designes. When I tried to screw on the threaded nut as shown in the instructions (with the lever up and away from the filter), I could not get it to catch the threads. I could only get it to catch if I flipped the nut over (with the lever side down towards the filer). This caused the integrated ring in the filter cover to distort and crush a bit. The fit was very poor. I did verify that the filter number is correct for my vacuums. The old design worked very well. If you have an older unit with the lever type of nut you should try to get a replacement filter with the original design using a separate cover plate.
Villa Rica, GA
When I bought my Craftsman shop vac I didn't realize that the filter was proprietary to Sears. It works great in my Craftsman shop vac.
i purchased this new filter for my old.16 gal vac. Very disappointed in the new mounting method. As others.have said the change in design eliminating the old open-top design allows the filter to slip and fall to the bottom of the cannister allowing the motor to fill with dust allspice allowing the room to fill with dust as the filter is no longer in place.
I found the right filter for my shop vac with no problem at the Sears tool department. It works so good and picks up massive amounts of dirt without spreading it in the air and throughout the room!! Love it!!
I have had my shop vac for 7 years I this is the first time I have replaced it. I use it on a weekly basis, mostly for cleaning up my cars and the garage. It is easy to clean and lasted me longer than I would have expected.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! Get $5 back in Shop Your Way Points with a qualifying $50 Tool Purchase.Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.