Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||6.75"W x 8"L|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.70|
|Fits Brands/Models:||Craftsman, Most|
Ratings & Reviews
Help Keep Your Home, Shop or Worksite Clean with the Craftsman General Purpose Red Stripe Wet/Dry Vac Filter, 5 gallons or larger
The General Purpose Red Stripe Filter from Craftsman is an efficient filter that is designed to tackle everyday dirt like sawdust, wood chips, job site debris and car or truck dirt. With up to 10 times the surface area than standard foam filters, the Red Stripe Wet/Dry Vac Filter from Craftsman is fully assembled and ready for use. This filter is a great accessory for professionals and DIY enthusiasts.
This filter is compatible with all Current Craftsman Wet/ Dry Vacs 5 gallons and larger, as well as, 6 gallons vacs made since 1992 and 8, 12, 16, 32 gal. vacuums produced since 1988. To ensure maximum performance of your wet/dry vac, replace this filter or upgrade to #17912 or #17907 on a regular basis.
- The Craftsman General Purpose Red Stripe Filter is great for cleanup of everyday dirt like sawdust, wood chips, job site debris and car or truck dirt
- Fits all Current Craftsman Wet/Dry Vacs 5 gal. or larger
- Also fits 6 gal. vacs made since 1992 and 8, 12, 16, 32 gal. vacuums produced since 1988
- Fully assembled, so get it home and start using it
- Available in white/red
- Dimensions: 8 in. H; 6.75 in. diameter
- Item Weight: 0.70 lbs.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Homer City, PA
Used in husbands wood shop. Bought different one but took back. One of the things that you need is change the filter periodically. Better than new one
Natrona Heights, PA
Basically the same as the one version before with the rubber top. I am interested to see how it holds up because the rubber version would come apart where the filter meets the rubber.
Owning a painting company, we tend to go thru a lot of these, cleaning up paint chips and cleaning for the start of a job. The filters do their job and last a while, we just use them more than the "average" person.
Mount Olive, IL
The winged nut that secured my original filter doesn't fit this revised replacement very well. The extra nut that came with this replacement doesn't work on my 9 gallon so I had to use the original. Bottom line is it wasn't a good fit but works...
I bought this as a backup since it is an exact OEM replacement for the filter in my Craftsman wet-dry Vac. I've found that sometimes you end up picking up more than you planned and it's easier to put in a new filter than clean out the old one.
I use my 16 gallon shop vac for cleaning up big messes in the house, every type of mess I can create in my man-cave (restoring jeeps), and general home repair. Drywall dust will quickly end the life of this filter though...there are better options for drywall out there.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.