Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||4 inches|
|Integrated Blade Storage:||No|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1|
|Package Contents:||1 Lock Back Utility Knife with 3 Blades|
|Color/Finish:||Annodized Finish in Both Black & Red|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Length (in.):||4|
|Handle Type:||Lock Blade|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Craftsman Warranty|
|Materials & Finish:|
|Material:||Aluminum & Steel|
Ratings & Reviews
Cut a Rug With a Craftsman Utility Knife
Grab a Craftsman folding utility knife when you need a quality blade to open any type of cardboard box, plywood packing container or even to score and cut drywall and carpet for a DIY basement renovation. This versatile utility knife features a lock-back blade that folds just like a pocket knife providing safe and convenient storage. The design includes a knurled, thumb knob to allow for quick, easy single-hand opening and release of the blade so you can use your other hand hold things steady.
The Craftsman utility knife measures 4 in. in length, including its 3.5 in. blade. The aluminum handle is lightweight and comfortable to hold throughout the day, even when cutting and laying vinyl tiles in a laundry room or new carpeting in the guest room. The quick-change blade mechanism is convenient and easy to use even if your experience with using an utility knife is minimal. The folding utility knife from Craftsman comes with three replacement blades.
- The Craftsman folding utility knife features a lightweight aluminum handle and durable steel knife blade
- Measures 4" long with a blade length of 3.5"
- Handle features a clip, quick-change blade mechanism that is easy to use
- Ideal for opening cardboard boxes and cutting light plywood, particle board, vinyl, carpet, drywall and more
- Includes a knurled thumb knob for convenient one-hand opening of the blade
- This basic utility knife accepts most standard utility knife blades but comes with 3 replacement blades
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 18, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This utility knife is one of my favorite tool purchases ever. The knife is easy to use, by opening and closing like a jack-knife. The blades change easily in three steps, and it uses standard utility blades, making it easy to keep stocked with fresh blades. The anodized aluminum body makes it very light but strong, and the knurled surface ensures a good grip even when your hands are a bit on the slippery side.
I actually purchased a second one during a rebate special, so it ended up being free. I probably use these knives once a week, for opening packages, or prying small things (not recommended), or cutting apart cardboard for recycling. I have yet to have any problems with either one, and even if I did have a problem, it's backed up by the Craftsman forever guarantee.
The only thing I think could be improved is the holster, which is nylon mesh. A leather holster would be nice as a separate item. If Sears sold the holster from the wood-handled version of this knife separately, it would be a great seller, as I've had many professionals asking if we carried them after the nylon wore out. For the average homeowner, this isn't really an issue, but for people using this knife as part of their job, it makes all the difference.
As a basic maintenance tip, give the hinge a little spray of WD-40 every now and then, and move the joint back and forth to work the WD-40 in, to protect it from dirt and moisture.
If you pick up this knife (which usually goes on sale for around $8), you will not be disappointed.
had this for 1 week and broke! very disappointed...cheap! don't buy it!
Palos Hills, IL
I keep this in a kitchen drawer and use it often. Mainly to open packages delivered by UPS and FEDex. It doesn't take much space in the drawer and the retractable blade makes it safe.
A must have for every tool box and every home. Well made and at a great price.Opens smoothly and locks in place.And it's the sharpest tool in the box with a lifetime warranty.
I have had this knife for a couple of years now. I Love this knife, has been a great knife. It came with a belt case which later tore up. The clip kept coming loose so I removed it. Other than that its been a great knife
i bought this knife for a friend at work after buying one for myself. it is made stronder than i thought it would be and if it ev er dose breake its got a life time garanty. we both have used them heavily and there still holding up great
The knife I received was actually black, not red, but as far as how it performs it's great. I love the textured finish and belt clip. I did have some trouble replacing the blade however, it's simple enough but when it comes to putting the lock down it didn't want to go down all the way on its own, I had to use a hammer to knock it back into place.
I'm on my second one, (only because I lost the first one). Great to carry with you, if it gets dull you just replace the blade, and you are ready to go. Well made tool.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.