Specifications & Dimensions
|Warranty Detail Link:||craftsman warranty|
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|General Warranty:||10 Year Limited on Motor, 3 Year Limited on parts|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||Yes|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Belt Drive Garage Door Opener: Power, Safety and Quiet Operation
The Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener delivers smooth, quiet operation and safety in any weather. Whether it’s pouring rain, snow’s piled high against the door or it’s hot and humid, this opener packs the power to open any garage door. With a potent ½ horse power motor and smooth rolling belt drive, this opener reduces noise and energy wasted on vibration.
If thoughts of burglary take the fun out of your vacation, this Craftsman Belt Drive Garage Door Opener help’s you rest easy. Featuring a rolling Security®+ Anti-Burglary Coding system, the convenient pin code operated opener switches code with the touch of a button, and built with a manual lock-out button, when you’re away all remotes are disabled, so no matter who’s hands they fall into, your garage will stay locked-up tight. And when you’re looking for superior safety features, this opener delivers up to 200 watts of lighting and a motion sensor system that instantly reverses the closure of the door, protecting cars, toys and children every time you use it. A dependable, safe and secure opener, install this machine at home today and bring the best to your household.
- Includes power unit, two remotes, control console, wireless keyless entry pad, safety sensors, rail, hardware, operators manual
- The Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener is powerful enough to get any garage door open
- 1/2 HP heavy duty motor offers steady performance for years
- Belt drive for ultra-quiet, strong and dependable performance
- 2 Security+® 3-function remotes are perfect for multi-car families
- Illuminated Motion-detecting Control Console opens and closes door from inside garage and senses your presence and turns on opener lights automatically
- Wireless keyless entry pad allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN
- 200 watts of lighting, two lights (up to 100W) turn on automatically whenever door opens or closes or safety reversing sensors are obstructed
- Security®+ Anti-Burglary Coding rolling code changes every time button on the remote is pushed
- PosiLock® System securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage
- Manual Release Capability allows you to manually open or close garage door
- Safety reversing sensors create an invisible beam that senses any obstruction in the way of the closing door and automatically reverses door before contact is made
- Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®) eliminates power head vibration for reduced noise
- HomeLink® with QuickTrain™ Technology
- Light delay feature turns lights off after a maximum of 4-1/2 minutes
- Lock button blocks remote control signals for extra security while on vacation
- Extension kits to complete installation for 8 ft. and 10 ft. doors are available
- Professional installation available
- Weight: 42.2 lbs.
- Warranty: 10 year motor; 3 year parts
Added on February 16, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Bought this to replace an aging and broken chain drive Craftsman unit. The belt drive is very quiet and I am planning to replace the old steel wheel rollers with nylon wheel rollers with heavy duty ball bearings. The unit is fairly easy to assemble, but remember to read through the directions and also any additional directions. This model came with an improved spring-loaded trolley bolt, so the assembly of this one part differed from that in the instruction manual--needed to refer to the additional instruction sheet that was enclosed and gave good directions for the improved unit. I was able to use my existing mounts on the garage door and on the ceiling, but had to install the new header bracket that came with the unit as it is a different width than the older one I was replacing. I also installed all the newer switches for the wall and safety eye units that mount on the bottoms of the door tracks to replace the older parts. Automatic light feature is adjustable to 4 options.
Replaced an old Sears chain drive. Could have reused old main rail - but didn't. Did reuse old safety eyes and kept the new ones for spares. Install was quick and easy. (probably my 5th over 30 years) What I really like is how smooth and quietly it operates and the sensor that turns on the dual lights anytime I step into the garage. The outside remote is handy if I get locked out and my old operators and wife's car's built-in operator easily retrained to open the door. Did what I expected - but even better. Will change out my other old chain drive opener soon!
Bought a pair during an unbelieveable inexpensive one day on-line sale January 2012. I installed both on doors that would soon be replaced and let the door company attach and properly align on new doors. This is a very quiet operation when using with (new or old) wood or new insulated doors. If you install on new uninsulated doors it will reverberate any vibration and sounds cheap. Using uninsulated doors with chain drive openers can be heard around the neighborhood! Lastly, if installing yourself, you might splice in wiring from old openers to make new wire long enough and run wires to perimeter of garage versus down the middle. Looks neater and does not interfere with access to overhead space should you have a larger garage.
My old Craftsman 1/2 HP chain driven opener lasted 17 years. I replaced it with this belt drive opener after spending way too much time thinking about it. This opener was easy to put together and connected to my old motor hangers off my ceiling. I had to use the new hanger provided in the box for the connection above the garage door. The instructions were clear and easy until there was some confusion on the proper way to install the spring loaded nut to provide tension to the belt. The instructions for this nut were provided in an additional instruction sheet. This belt opener is very quiet and smooth. My wife and I really like the motion detecting control that flips on the lights.
I only gave this 1 star because I couldn?t give 0. About 6 weeks after it was installed, none of the remotes or the keypad would open the door, but they would all close the door. The wall button always worked. It would not let me reprogram the remotes. I replaced a tired, but working 12-year-old garage door opener with this unit to avoid a situation where I am without a garage door opener for a few days. Less than two months later, I was without a working garage door opener for over two weeks of troubleshooting, waiting for parts and waiting for scheduling the repair. Thankfully, since I had not owned this piece of junk for 90 days, the repair labor was free. I still had the original box in the garage. If it wasn?t for the effort to take the thing down, it?d would have been boxed up and returned to the store long before it was repaired.
- Qualifying Orders $59 + SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select tools Sold by Sears. Valid thru 5/25/13. Offer ends 25-May-2013 See details.