Craftsman Garage Door Opener 1/2 hp Belt Drive, Motion-Detecting ControlItem# 00953915000 | Model# 53915
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|General Warranty:||10 Year Limited on Motor, 3 Year Limited on parts|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||Yes|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Belt Drive Garage Door Opener: Power, Safety and Quiet Operation
The Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener delivers smooth, quiet operation and safety in any weather. Whether it’s pouring rain, snow’s piled high against the door or it’s hot and humid, this opener packs the power to open any garage door. With a potent ½ horse power motor and smooth rolling belt drive, this opener reduces noise and energy wasted on vibration.
If thoughts of burglary take the fun out of your vacation, this Craftsman Belt Drive Garage Door Opener help’s you rest easy. Featuring a rolling Security®+ Anti-Burglary Coding system, the convenient pin code operated opener switches code with the touch of a button, and built with a manual lock-out button, when you’re away all remotes are disabled, so no matter who’s hands they fall into, your garage will stay locked-up tight. And when you’re looking for superior safety features, this opener delivers up to 200 watts of lighting and a motion sensor system that instantly reverses the closure of the door, protecting cars, toys and children every time you use it. A dependable, safe and secure opener, install this machine at home today and bring the best to your household.
Free shipping! Orders $59 or more including this Craftsman Garage Door Opener
Look for 'ship free' to find qualifying products. Applies to mailiable products sold by Sears and Kmart. Excludes Marketplace and delivery items. Additional exclusions apply. Please see offer details on qualifying product pages. Applies to items Sold by Sears AND Kmart. This promotion is not eligible with international orders. FREE Standard Shipping on orders of $59 or more applies to mailable items Sold by Sears AND Kmart. Excludes Agio brand, Food & Grocery, Compact Refrigerators, Fencing, Tires, Wheels, Lawn Mowers, Tractor Attachments, Pet Food, Pet Litter & Supplies, Pools and Accessories, Trampolines, Outdoor Playsets, Kids Outdoor Vehicles, Wagons, Easels, Art Desks, Kitchen and Housekeeping Playsets, Treadmills, Ellipticals, Pilates Machines, Home Gyms and Weight Sets, Rowers and Steppers, Inversion Tables, Exercise Bikes, Bikes and Accessories, Scooters, Backboards and Rims, Game Room Tables, Tents, Air Conditioners, select Tool items and Automotive Services. Offer applies to merchandise shipped via normal UPS ground service only (most items under 150 lbs). Offer does not extend to items purchased from landsend.com, Sears Parts Direct, Sears licensed partner websites, digital services, Sears Presents, and Shop At Home catalogs. Free shipping value varies by ship to location. Items shipped via lowest cost or ground shipping method. Lowest cost and ground shipping methods only apply to orders shipped to the US continental 48 states, and the District of Columbia (does not apply to shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Canada, Mexico, the U.S. Virgin Islands or to Military APO/FPO addresses). Products over 35lbs cannot be shipped to APO/FPO locations - all APO/FPO shipments are USPS. Estimated offer value ranges from $6.80 to $64. Offer excludes shipping costs on Oversized Shipping or In-Home Oversized Shipping Items.
- Includes power unit, two remotes, control console, wireless keyless entry pad, safety sensors, rail, hardware, operators manual
- The Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener is powerful enough to get any garage door open
- 1/2 HP heavy duty motor offers steady performance for years
- Belt drive for ultra-quiet, strong and dependable performance
- 2 Security+® 3-function remotes are perfect for multi-car families
- Illuminated Motion-detecting Control Console opens and closes door from inside garage and senses your presence and turns on opener lights automatically
- Wireless keyless entry pad allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN
- 200 watts of lighting, two lights (up to 100W) turn on automatically whenever door opens or closes or safety reversing sensors are obstructed
- Security®+ Anti-Burglary Coding rolling code changes every time button on the remote is pushed
- PosiLock® System securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage
- Manual Release Capability allows you to manually open or close garage door
- Safety reversing sensors create an invisible beam that senses any obstruction in the way of the closing door and automatically reverses door before contact is made
- Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®) eliminates power head vibration for reduced noise
- Assurelink® compatible
- Light delay feature turns lights off after a maximum of 4-1/2 minutes
- Lock button blocks remote control signals for extra security while on vacation
- Extension kits to complete installation for 8 ft. and 10 ft. doors are available
- Professional installation available
- Weight: 42.2 lbs.
- Warranty: 10 year motor; 3 year parts
Added on April 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
It is quiet in operation, much more than chain drive. The only noise is at start as trolley is engaged either up or down. Instead of reading installation manual as you install, I downloaded the pdf file and read sitting in my easy boy chair. Problems, installing the bell wires in the electrical connection box was cumbersome. Red wires worked fine, white so so and gray wire port was a challenge. In your car Home link you have to delete the old code before accepting new code. New code instructions worked ok for rolling code operation in 10 year old vehicle. 15 year vehicle required holding home link button in car down as it rapidly blinked then stopped and was coupled to the new opener. Outside key pad was a challenge. Entered a code and worked a few times then I had to enter the code a couple of times. Figured out that if you enter the code as fast as you can and push enter ( a couple of seconds) it works fine. Buying another one for my side.
well my husband said it was very easy to install and the think I like most about it is It Is SOO quiet. At first every time I hit the opener, I would think it wasn't working. Now I am used to how quietly and also efficiently it works. My husband said that instead of the opener being chain driven , this opener is actually belt driven. We like it so much .
Round Rock, TX
I recently bought a home a needed a garage door opener. I looked at several brands and decided to go with the brand I grew up with plus Sears was able to offer installation quicker than the competitors. The opener works great. The only problem was that the light sensor wasn't functioning properly. I called Sears and arranged a service call. Problem fixed!!!
Easy install for me because I used my existing hangers. I just have two issues. I replaced the bulbs with brighter bulbs but still aren't bright enough for a single car garage. The wall switch sticks once in a while. The remotes do work a good distance from the house. I also like the movement detecting light on switch.
Chula Vista, CA
This opener works great. It is nice and quiet and has a motion sensor that will turn on the light when you step into the garage (this can be turned on or off as needed). My biggest problem is sometimes I forget to close the door when I go to the store. I come home and the door is still wide open. That's my fault, not the openers. ha Retired Jim from Chula Vista, CA.
This is the second purchase I have made of this model garage door opener. The first one I bought has been flawless in its operation. Therefore, when I needed to purchase a second one for the other garage door I looked for the same model.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.