Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|General Warranty:||10 Year Limited on Motor, 3 Year Limited on parts|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||Yes|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Belt Drive Garage Door Opener: Power, Safety and Quiet Operation
The Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener delivers smooth, quiet operation and safety in any weather. Whether it’s pouring rain, snow’s piled high against the door or it’s hot and humid, this opener packs the power to open any garage door. With a potent ½ horse power motor and smooth rolling belt drive, this opener reduces noise and energy wasted on vibration.
If thoughts of burglary take the fun out of your vacation, this Craftsman Belt Drive Garage Door Opener help’s you rest easy. Featuring a rolling Security®+ Anti-Burglary Coding system, the convenient pin code operated opener switches code with the touch of a button, and built with a manual lock-out button, when you’re away all remotes are disabled, so no matter who’s hands they fall into, your garage will stay locked-up tight. And when you’re looking for superior safety features, this opener delivers up to 200 watts of lighting and a motion sensor system that instantly reverses the closure of the door, protecting cars, toys and children every time you use it. A dependable, safe and secure opener, install this machine at home today and bring the best to your household.
- Includes power unit, two remotes, control console, wireless keyless entry pad, safety sensors, rail, hardware, operators manual
- The Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener is powerful enough to get any garage door open
- 1/2 HP heavy duty motor offers steady performance for years
- Belt drive for ultra-quiet, strong and dependable performance
- 2 Security+® 3-function remotes are perfect for multi-car families
- Illuminated Motion-detecting Control Console opens and closes door from inside garage and senses your presence and turns on opener lights automatically
- Wireless keyless entry pad allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN
- 200 watts of lighting, two lights (up to 100W) turn on automatically whenever door opens or closes or safety reversing sensors are obstructed
- Security®+ Anti-Burglary Coding rolling code changes every time button on the remote is pushed
- PosiLock® System securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage
- Manual Release Capability allows you to manually open or close garage door
- Safety reversing sensors create an invisible beam that senses any obstruction in the way of the closing door and automatically reverses door before contact is made
- Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®) eliminates power head vibration for reduced noise
- HomeLink® with QuickTrain™ Technology
- Light delay feature turns lights off after a maximum of 4-1/2 minutes
- Lock button blocks remote control signals for extra security while on vacation
- Extension kits to complete installation for 8 ft. and 10 ft. doors are available
- Professional installation available
- Weight: 42.2 lbs.
- Warranty: 10 year motor; 3 year parts
Added on April 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Chula Vista, CA
This opener works great. It is nice and quiet and has a motion sensor that will turn on the light when you step into the garage (this can be turned on or off as needed). My biggest problem is sometimes I forget to close the door when I go to the store. I come home and the door is still wide open. That's my fault, not the openers. ha Retired Jim from Chula Vista, CA.
This is the second purchase I have made of this model garage door opener. The first one I bought has been flawless in its operation. Therefore, when I needed to purchase a second one for the other garage door I looked for the same model.
My Chamberlain chain drive opener wasn't doing so well lately and when the sprocket shaft broke, it was time to either stay with a chain drive or move to a belt drive opener. This unit seemed to fit my need; price, previous reviews, feature/functionality. Installation was very easy. Manual provided sufficient instructions and in some areas great detail. I was able to use motor unit mounting hardware and door sensors from my previous system that saved me a great deal ofinstall time. From box opening to opener operation was about 1 hour. Very easy. Adjustments very easy. Although 2 remote control units are included with this system. My old Chamberlain Security+ and Lift-master Security+ remote control units are not programmable with. this new system. Very impressed with how quiet this system is compared to chain-drive.
Having used a 1/2 hp Craftsman (belt drive) door opener for many years. I am thinking the last one was over twenty years old. It failed to work recently and I went to purchase one to replace it. Found what I wanted and made the purchase. Sales clerk ask if I needed some one to install it, then if I needed some one to carry it to the car. I am just 76 years old but this is my job around my house. That is one reason it lasted so long, I installed it right. And the new one is working great.......
The product was installed by private company due to Sears installation not being available.The products works very efficiently and is silent.I would highly recommend this product.
Replaced a Genie 2 that was about 10 years old and needed the circuit board replaced for the second time. The Craftman opener went up ok and all parts were there. Instructions were ok but not great. Opener worked great and is quite. Was able to program my cars very easy. Only had it up for a month so time will tell but so far we are pleased with this purchase.
Steamboat Springs, CO
Still installing the opener and while everything else is fine we realized the printed manual wasn't describing the spring loaded belt tension system included. The online version of the instructions gave the proper version and lead us to a correct and easy finish to the assembly.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get this Sold by Sears item for a limited time Online Only hot price! Offer ends 03-May-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.