Craftsman 1/2 HP CHain Drive Garage Door Opener with Security+ Anti-Burglary CodingItem# 00953930000 | Model# 53930
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|General Warranty:||4 years|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||36.5|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||Yes|
|Number of Lights:||1|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Open Door Monitor:||No|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Standard|
Ratings & Reviews
1/2 hp Chain Drive Garage Door Opener Opens by Remote, Inside and from Car
Enjoy a great end to every day by installing the Craftsman Garage Door Opener with Anti-Burglary Coding today. The 1/2 HP motor lifts your garage doors gently and doesn't close until it's sure you've arrived safely inside. You don't have to rush in because advanced sensors will reverse the closing doors if they detect your car's motion. Once you're in, the PosiLock system will make sure the garage doors are closed tight behind you.
You receive two remotes with this 1/2 hp Chain Drive Garage Door Opener. Keep one for yourself and give another to a family member or friend if you have a double garage. If it happens that you lose your remote, you can open from inside the house. Another option is to have a homelink visor installed so you can open it from inside your car. For your safety, it uses top anti-burglary technology that sends a new code every time you use it. This prevents thieves from interfering or activating it when you're not home.
- The Craftsman Garage Door Opener with Anti-Burglary Coding ensures you a smooth and safe drive into your garage every day
- Hardworking 1/2 HP motor with chain system lifts and closes garage doors with ease
- Sensor technology reverses closing doors if they detect motion from your car
- PosiLock system closes door tight
- Comes with 2 remotes with anti-burglary technology that sends new codes every time you use them
- If you lose remote, open from interior
- Alternately, install homelink compatible visor to open from inside car
- Dependable system that won't cause harm to property or users
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this to replace a very similar craftsman model from the mid 90s. The new one used the very same tech as the old so i didn't need to do any additional wiring, i actually used the same sensors, same chain, brackets and wall unit from the old unit. It was a bit confusing to program but in the end it was easy enough for myself to install. Its 90% quieter than the previous one.
West Chester, OH
I bought this as a replacement for a Sears Craftsmen garage door opener I had installed about 7-10 years ago. My thought was I could swap out the motor and continue to use the rest of the set-up. That worked fine until I tried to program the remotes used with my previous motor. They do not work, including the outside keypad. The remotes wouldn't be an issue if we didn't have four drivers in the family. Now it looks like another $90 for additional remotes, plus the keypad. The outside keypad is additionally annoying because the saleman said that since I already had a keypad I would not need one. On the plus side, the reinstallation was as easy as expected and this seems to run more quietly than the old one.
Its quieter than what I had. For the price does an excellent job. I was able to use my existing keypad on the outside of my garage. Just had to reprogram it. Fairly simple to do.
Las Cruces, NM
Purchased this garage door opener for a third double garage we have. The purchase process was smooth, but just as important, so was the installation. In addition, the opener works very well and is just what we needed. We have the same opener on another double garage door and have had no problems with it. We anticipate the same quality from this newly purchased item.
New Castle, PA
Purchased garage door opener to replace the craftsman opener that I had for approx 20+ years. Craftsman quality is something that I know I can depend on when purchased. Sales rep was helpful and opener was easy for my son to install.
Always use Craftsman Garage Door Openers. This one was a replacement for an old one. Went up without a problem and virtually no adjustments were needed once installed.
Las Vegas, NV
The Craftsman 1/2 hp chain drive garage door opener is not as quiet as the belt drive product, but it is a decent product for what you pay for it.
Replaced a Craftsman opener that had operated for about 15 years. The new unit went up without a lot of trouble and works fine. I thnk is is quieter than the one replaced.
I purchase this garage opener and install it my self was very easy with all instructions and all the parts necesary for installation included
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Tools Online Only Deals! While Supplies Last. Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 04-Jan-2014 See details.