Craftsman Garage Door Opener 1/2 hp Chain Drive, 2 Security+® 3-function Remote ControlsItem# 00953985000 | Model# 53985
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|General Warranty:||10 years motor, 90 day parts/labor|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||39.7|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||Yes|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Premium|
Ratings & Reviews
1/2 HP Garage Door Opener Opens Only For You
Come home to a wonderful reception with this Craftsman Garage Door Opener with 3-Function Remote. This opener uses a powerful 1/2 HP motor to lift and close the lightest to the heaviest garage doors gently and safely. Your family or friends can have their own remote. The remote uses clever three-button remotes that can open your garage when you're still a long way off. If for any reason you lose your remote, you can still use the wireless pad to gain entry.
The 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener's design is burglary-proof. Every time you use the remote, a unique code is sent to stop thieves from tampering with the system. This crucial benefit comes courtesy of its superior code rolling system. You can go away on vacation and be confident that your garage will not open for anyone else but you. It is made of sturdy steel parts that will make it part of your home for a long time to come.
- The Craftsman Garage Door Opener with 3-Function Remote opens even the heaviest garage doors gently and effortlessly
- Comes with remotes for you and family/friends
- Each remote has 3 smart buttons that allow you to open garage doors from near or far
- Comes with wireless keypad and interior control console to give you entry if you lose your remote
- Uses superior burglary-proof technology to prevent thieves from meddling with system
- Top rolling code system prevents activation from external sources
- Durable steel parts ensure long life
- Includes a 10 year warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Colorado Springs, CO
I always buy sears door openers (we move frequently) as I know they work and if I ever need parts, they will be available - worked great out of the box - did self installation and ready to go in a minimum amount of time.
This is the second garage door opener i have purchased from Sears. the first one lasted close to 30 years went through 3 moves it seemed like it had a never ending life but all good things have to come to an end. The good part about this one dieing was the replacement that I purchased fit right into the old ones place easy fix the wall mount connected right to it. This new garage door opener opens sooooo smooth and is soooo quiet.
This garage door opener works great; I purchased this garage door opener and had it for six months before we installed it. Nevertheless, when we decided to install it there were two pieces missing, went back to Sears to let them know and they gave me the missing pieces from another. I've had it installed for about 9 months now and have NOT had one problem with it. It opens and closes without any issues. Once I push the remote to leave for work it stays closed all day. Definitely would purchase another.
We had an older version of this one. It lasted 14 years, this one has better lighting, larger garage door button and we can manually turn on the openers light when needed! Enjoying this garage opener!
We have always liked Craftsman tools and when we needed a new garage door opener and found the Craftsman Garage Door opener at Sears we were happy. Happier still because it was on sale. We were able to install it ourselves and it works great...even has a keyless entry, which is nice if you are taking the dog out for a run and don't want to have to juggle your house keys. It does take a little bit of muscle, mechanical ability and the right tools, so consider that you may want to contract out if you don't believe you can DIY. The chain drive is a tad loud but there is no one above the garage so it doesn't have a negative impact. It is worth the money.
Pearl River, NY
Rail appears not to be solid as past openers - tube sheet metal for this vs. cast iron on previous model. More same though outside case design updated with better light covers
I was able to install this by myself in less than 3 hours. It does the job well. If your garage is inside your house, do yourself a favor and get the belt drive instead of the chain drive. It will be quieter.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Black Friday Extended! Get these Sold By Sears items while they last! Valid til 12/7 at 7PM CST Offer ends 06-Dec-2013 See details.