Specifications & Dimensions
|Blade Height (In):||16|
|Blade Width (in.):||48|
Ratings & Reviews
Tackle Winter's Worst with this 16 in. Blade For Garden Tractor
The Craftsman snow and dozer blade 16 in fits Craftsman tractors with 22 in. or larger rear tires to give you the ultimate in dozing and snow removal. After a simple, one-time installation of mounting brackets, the blade can be removed or attached easily without the use of tools. Comes with a replaceable scraper blade for no-hassle convenience. Clear snow faster and more efficiently with this Craftsman tool.
- Weighing only124 lbs., the Craftsman Garden Tractor Snow And Dozer Blade 16in. is extremely maneuverable and portable for quick-convenient storage
- With 16 in. x 48 in dimensions, the blade stores easily in your garage or garden shed
- 48 in. wide blade angles to the center, left or right for no-hassle snow removal
- Fits Craftsman tractors with 22 in. or larger rear tires only
- Blade can be lifted and lowered from the tractor seat
- Replaceable scraper blade
- Single adjustable trip spring on rear of blade head for easy riding over obstacles
- Reinforced plate welded to blade head for use as dozer with rocks and dirt
- Constructed of heavy-duty, 13-gauge steel for durability and longevity
- Simple one-time installation without tools
- For Craftsman brand only - will not fit other brands.
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Put this blade on my GT5000 in Dec.14'......very happy with how well it moves the large amount of snow we get here in northern Mich., however the only problem is my tractor hood will not tilt far enough forward to stay open, with the blade mount on, so I have to remove the hood just to check the oil. Other than that, I'm happy with it !!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Hard to say much bad about a plow........It pushes. Easy to remove and replace. Needs a heavier spring upgrade but doesn't do bad. Probably protects the mower more than i realize. Im hard on equipment and expect it to work.
North East, MD
I wish I bought this blade when I bought my tractor. For the money it does quite well.I have a gravel lane and paved driveway. I considered getting the tractor mount blower, but have heard horror stories of gravel destroying more than shear pins so i got the plow. So far it has exceeded my expectations on gravel and done okay on pavement. Wheel weights and chains are a must, but with them the tractor can push a large pile of snow on gravel,while dancing a bit on pavement. Allow 3-4 hours to install, not difficult just time consuming, and enjoy not worrying every time it snows more than 4 inches.
I have spent hundreds of hours on tractors, and this 16" snow plow is the best I've used since my old 14hp industrial Murray, which utilized the OEM mower deck lever to adjust plow height. I've had qty(2) smaller Craftsman lawn tractor/plow setups prior to stepping up to this garden tractor. Despite the picture, this plow has two separate handles - one controls the angle/pivot. The other controls the height: Down (operational) / Up (stowed). This is a welcomed change from the all-in-one design of other models, which end up so worn out after a season that the assembly is loose and difficult to actuate. I'm not a fan of the assembly process, which indeed takes three hours. It is not difficult at all, just very tedious. Some of the bolts are very difficult to install without a socket (I only had open-ended wrenches, which I'm sure increased my installation time). They use five types of bolts on this plow, some of which are only 1/4" difference in size, so it is very difficult to figure out which bolt/nut is used in different portions of the process - I ended up double-checking every bolt against the included 'actual size' chart as I proceeded thru assembly. I believe this plow could move more snow if I used real chains, instead of the 'Terra-Grip' chains I have installed. There is a sheet of ice on the driveway right now, which really demands an aggressive toothed chain.
When it is in one piece it performs very well. Easy to raise and pivot from tractor seat and fairly easy to disconnect. The biggest problem is the second time I used it the weld on the blade lift broke and the hole for the roll pin had stretched. I chose to fix it myself and has been fine since but if you plan on buying make sure you have a good welder as the welds and steel quality are low
have had nothing but problems after the 1st year, useing 2 blades a year,angle lock bars bend after 1 season,pivot plate groves round out after 1 year, blade ,pivot plate.wear plate,made of cheap metal,I go threw 2 wear plates a season, 4 angle lock bars a season,now lift bar weld broke, I have spent more money on parts than the cost of the whole plow ! stuck with it due too tractor i own .nothing else fits
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I didn't see a lot of reviews here on how well it works in dirt so I wasn't sure what to expect. I've discovered the key to successfully using this in dirt, even heavy dirt is all about pushing power and traction. I've got the GT6000 garden tractor with the optional wheel weights, rear hitch weight, and chains and I was surprised at how well it worked. When the blade hits a root or deeply embedded rock it will flex 90 degrees flat using the blade springs it is designed to engage so parts don't break or bend. Getting it to dig into heavy/hard packed ground requires some patience. It does not have the weight and traction of a bobcat so you have to skim off a little at a time. If traction is an issue, you may need to back up and use a bit of momentum to accomplish the task. I also have a tow behind rototiller to break up sod and loosen hardpack and this works well to level it out.
South Lyon, MI
Easy to put together, but even with weights and chains does not do the job. If the snow is deep or heavy or you have a long way to push, you will get stuck. I would not buy. I give it 2 stars instead of 1 because it is well built, and easy to put together but just does not do the heavy job.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off Tractor Attachments items sold by Sears. Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.