Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.0|
|Tool Type:||Infrared Thermometer|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Infrared Thermometer Gives You Accurate Measurements in Hard-to-Reach Areas
Take measurements up to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) safely with this compact non-contact infrared thermometer from Craftsman. Featuring a built-in laser pointer that identifies the target area and improves where you are aiming, this quality measuring tool by Craftsman is lightweight and easy to use. The backlighting on the Craftsman infrared thermometer brightly illuminates the display so you can easily take measurements at night or in areas with low background light levels. The Automatic Data Hold keeps the information easily accessible when the trigger is released. The Automatic Power Off Meter will shut the device off automatically after eight seconds. This thermometer comes complete with a 9V battery and case.
- Non-contact infrared thermometer features a backlit LCD display with function indicators
- Fixed 0.95 emissivity covers 90% of surface applications
- Measures within a range of -4 to 500F (-20 to 260C) with an accuracy of -4 to 20F (-20C to -7C)
- 0.1 degree F/C resolution
- Powered by one 9V battery
- One-year warranty
Added on October 13, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought one of these several years ago and had to return it, last year, because the grips had degraded. They were sticky(!), like adhesive -- can you believe that!
After some strong convincing -- it's only guaranteed for a year -- the manager replaced it for me. Now, it's been a little over a year and I went to use it and all the temperatures it reads -- just around the house -- are over a hundred degrees!! (And, it's late fall here in the northeast; temps in my house are in the 60s.)
To add insult to injury, when I bought it it cost in the neighborhood of $80; now they're trying to peddle it for half that. In my opinion, it's junk and might be worth $10; at least at that price you wouldn't expect much. (And, btw, when I brought it back this time they refused to replace it for me.)
It works well and was fairly priced. All ways good value for price why anyone would pay the high price that all the tool trucks charge I do not know they are just as good with same life time guarantee. Great set of tools to have when working on the car, it is a Craftsman need I say any more!
I had one other infrared thermometer (non Craftsman) before buying this one. This Craftsman unit has a higher temperature rating (500 F) and better distance to ****** ratio (6:1). My old unit is 1:1. That means this unit can measure temperature of an object at a farther distance than my old one. I got it on sale for about half the regular price. Very happy with it.
Not as fancy as some higher end models but works great for the price. I had a cheaper model from another store and the temp range was too small. This one works much better.
Oddball thought: Imagine if budding cooks/chefs 1st learning to cook had this nearby as they followed cooking directions while using un-familiar knobs and their value-less settings. How hot is Med-High? Is Med-High at this house/stove/etc just like my last one? Buy it for the garage, keep it in the Kitchen! In-store pickup for online purchases was the one time-wasting flaw. Too bad the staff and manager's in my local store barely deserve employment, let alone a title and responsibility to find and effect quick and meaningful solutions. Sears is headed to the grave someday soon if this keeps up. It's a sad state to see.
This is a very straightforward infrared thermometer. The three buttons control the units (C or F), choosing to display a min or a max, and turning on/off the laser and back-light. The temperatures seem to plenty accurate for a low cost item. One issue, at the time of writing this, the product description states that it comes with a 9V battery and a case. Neither is true. It comes with the Thermometer only.
Johnson City, TN
This started out great and I took great care of it. The handle rubber degraded after a year and became very sticky to the touch. I contact customer service and they refused to replace because it was just over a year. I am not happy sears will not stand behind their product with their name on it. Poor customer service!
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid until 4/27/2015 at 7am CST. Offer ends 26-Apr-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.