Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||1 Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||36.4|
|Wheels or Casters:||No|
|Color/Finish:||Power coated Red/black|
|Load Rated To (lbs.):||220|
|Material:||Powder coated steel frame|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Vise and Clamping System is a Do-It-Yourselfers Secret Weapon
No matter what size your work piece is, the Craftsman Job Vise provides the clamping force you need to secure it...and it's portable to boot. Whether your project includes sanding, sawing, planing, routing, sharpening, welding, staining, painting or anything else, this sturdy vise will hold it down, with a powerful 1 ton clamping force that applies all the neceesary pressure. It easily holds a full-size door...and supports up to 220 pounds.
The Craftsman Vise is small enough to fit into any home workspace, and it easily folds up for convenient storage when you're not using it. When you need it, assembly is quick and easy. Features include progressive clamp advancement, which allows for its use as a camp or press; a reversible clamp (0-37.5 inches) for securing wide materials; a foot-operated clamp lock that allows for hands-free operation; and an extension arm for work pieces from 43 to 55 inches. Your work pieces will never be the same--they'll be better!
- The Craftsman Job Vise has front legs with extended feet for stability and improved balance.
- The vise provides 360-degree work piece access, so nothing is ever out of your reach.
- Its pressure release switch easily relieves pressure at the flip of a switch.
- All-steel construction adds durability and jobsite ruggedness.
- The power coated finish provides high-quality, rust-free protection--to ensure the black and red vise maintains its good looks.
- Your vise comes with a portable work clamp, two clamp facings, an extension arm and an instruction manual.
- The vise is 34 inches high and it weighs 36.4 pounds.
Added on December 01, 2011
Overall, others give this:
The vise works great. I tried clamping wood in it a couple times and it worked great. I'm not sure if I would try clamping a tool like a miter saw in between there. I guess if you make a wood platform, it would increase the area for supporting the tool, but otherwise I think there is a risk of the tool coming loose. But for its primary purpose, it works great clamping wood.
Great clamping strength. Very sturdy and durable. This thing is quite heavy though and lacks a handle to carry around. Make sure to lock everything up before moving it around. Folds up easily for storage.
I purchased 2 of these items for Christmas gifts one for my husband and the other for our son. My husband looked at this item in the store and said it would be a wonderful gift.
Exactly what I needed. I told my wife that I bought a friend to help me on my projects. I experienced the same problem with the extension arm not fitting properly that another reviewer noted. I clamped the extension in the vise and used a cheater bar to spread the extension tubes slightly. It fits perfectly now. Highly recommend
West Covina, CA
Used these to clamp 50lb tube bar sliders for welding. The sliders were 68" long and awkward due to their length. The Craftsman portable job vise held sliders one at a time and was perfectly stable despite the weight imbalances that I placed onto them. The rubber clamping jaw can also be removed in the case you do not want rubber in between for various reasons.
The first job vise I recivied was defective from the factory. I took it back to my local Sears store and they ordered me a new one. The new one works great and I'm looking foward to useing it on many upcoming projects.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2014 See details.