Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||1 Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||36.4|
|Wheels or Casters:||No|
|Color/Finish:||Power coated Red/black|
|Load Rated To (lbs.):||220|
|Material:||Powder coated steel frame|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Vise and Clamping System is a Do-It-Yourselfers Secret Weapon
No matter what size your work piece is, the Craftsman Job Vise provides the clamping force you need to secure it...and it's portable to boot. Whether your project includes sanding, sawing, planing, routing, sharpening, welding, staining, painting or anything else, this sturdy vise will hold it down, with a powerful 1 ton clamping force that applies all the neceesary pressure. It easily holds a full-size door...and supports up to 220 pounds.
The Craftsman Vise is small enough to fit into any home workspace, and it easily folds up for convenient storage when you're not using it. When you need it, assembly is quick and easy. Features include progressive clamp advancement, which allows for its use as a camp or press; a reversible clamp (0-37.5 inches) for securing wide materials; a foot-operated clamp lock that allows for hands-free operation; and an extension arm for work pieces from 43 to 55 inches. Your work pieces will never be the same--they'll be better!
- The Craftsman Job Vise has front legs with extended feet for stability and improved balance.
- The vise provides 360-degree work piece access, so nothing is ever out of your reach.
- Its pressure release switch easily relieves pressure at the flip of a switch.
- All-steel construction adds durability and jobsite ruggedness.
- The power coated finish provides high-quality, rust-free protection--to ensure the black and red vise maintains its good looks.
- Your vise comes with a portable work clamp, two clamp facings, an extension arm and an instruction manual.
- The vise is 34 inches high and it weighs 36.4 pounds.
Added on December 01, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Holds my material soundly while im sanding or screwing parts together. Folds nice and compact. Seems very sturdy and constructed well. Price was a little high but I found it on clearance and figured I wouldn't pass up on the deal.
New Tazewell, TN
first- i will say this is alot heavier than i expected,which is a good thing.second-the clamping is very good once you remember to use the locking device. the foot control is very east to use and pretty darn tough.third- i was able to build a large shelving unit,by myself,without any trouble at all. held the wood stable enough to use my router with and w/o the edge quide. no slipping,or chaseing wood in the middle of a route. i am VERY HAPPY with this purchase !! i got a great deal at christmas time,but it is worth asking price. great product.
I've been very happy with the job vise. I was debating a second roller stand, but picked this up on sale instead. It has much more utility than a roller stand, and the clamping strength is excellent. Very easy to use, and the extension adds a lot of extra width to what it can hold. The one thing i wish it had was a way to level the feet. As it's a tripod, it will always stand firmly on any surface, but none of the legs are adjustable in height.
I have really loved this thing up until yesterday when one of the rubber pads broke off..i thought no biggy,just call sears/craftsman and order a new one..RIGHT!! Absolutely NOBODY i have called even knows what a Job Vise is and NOBODY knows where to get parts...frustrating...still a good unit.
Excellent product both from a practical standpoint (usefulness) as well as from a build quality standpoint. Considered via an In-Store A/B comparison, the competing product (Rockwell Jawhorse) but could find no compelling reason to spend more.
Evergreen Park, IL
This is an excellent vise to have. If you need to have that extra set of hands, this is perfect. For the most part, it is easy to take around. If folds up nicely. The metal is thicker gauge, so It will take some abuse. I hate that Craftsman makes everything in China and other foreign countries, but that aside, I would suggest this tool to anyone.
I have looked at the Portable Job Vise for the for some time and saw the possibilities then a situation arose that justified the purchase and it fits the bill. Great machine
In a limited space environment, I needed flexibility and portability but did not want to sacrifice strength. This job vise fit the bill. Next time I have some points and the sale price is in effect I will get another.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.