Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||1 Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||36.4|
|Wheels or Casters:||No|
|Color/Finish:||Power coated Red/black|
|Load Rated To (lbs.):||220|
|Material:||Powder coated steel frame|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Vise and Clamping System is a Do-It-Yourselfers Secret Weapon
No matter what size your work piece is, the Craftsman Job Vise provides the clamping force you need to secure it...and it's portable to boot. Whether your project includes sanding, sawing, planing, routing, sharpening, welding, staining, painting or anything else, this sturdy vise will hold it down, with a powerful 1 ton clamping force that applies all the neceesary pressure. It easily holds a full-size door...and supports up to 220 pounds.
The Craftsman Vise is small enough to fit into any home workspace, and it easily folds up for convenient storage when you're not using it. When you need it, assembly is quick and easy. Features include progressive clamp advancement, which allows for its use as a camp or press; a reversible clamp (0-37.5 inches) for securing wide materials; a foot-operated clamp lock that allows for hands-free operation; and an extension arm for work pieces from 43 to 55 inches. Your work pieces will never be the same--they'll be better!
- The Craftsman Job Vise has front legs with extended feet for stability and improved balance.
- The vise provides 360-degree work piece access, so nothing is ever out of your reach.
- Its pressure release switch easily relieves pressure at the flip of a switch.
- All-steel construction adds durability and jobsite ruggedness.
- The power coated finish provides high-quality, rust-free protection--to ensure the black and red vise maintains its good looks.
- Your vise comes with a portable work clamp, two clamp facings, an extension arm and an instruction manual.
- The vise is 34 inches high and it weighs 36.4 pounds.
Added on December 01, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Excellent product both from a practical standpoint (usefulness) as well as from a build quality standpoint. Considered via an In-Store A/B comparison, the competing product (Rockwell Jawhorse) but could find no compelling reason to spend more.
Evergreen Park, IL
This is an excellent vise to have. If you need to have that extra set of hands, this is perfect. For the most part, it is easy to take around. If folds up nicely. The metal is thicker gauge, so It will take some abuse. I hate that Craftsman makes everything in China and other foreign countries, but that aside, I would suggest this tool to anyone.
I have looked at the Portable Job Vise for the for some time and saw the possibilities then a situation arose that justified the purchase and it fits the bill. Great machine
In a limited space environment, I needed flexibility and portability but did not want to sacrifice strength. This job vise fit the bill. Next time I have some points and the sale price is in effect I will get another.
This job vise is heavy but that makes it very stable. I do most of my wood work alone and finally have the third hand I have needed. It is a simple functioning device but works wonders. I waiting awhile to get one and am glad I finally did.
Perfect for the hobbyist or professional. I use this as an extra set of hands. They work very well, the picture on the box seems a little far fetched but it will actually do what it says.
This unit is similar to the Jawhorse and comes with the attachment for a 4 x 8 sheet (unlike the earlier version of the Jawhorse) at a much better price. A great gift idea!
North Vernon, IN
Always wondered about what all the fuss was about these vices. Saw other ones for more than 2 times the price for this one. Can's see how they could be any better than this one. Very pleased with this purchase.
I have been looking for this vise to be on sale for awhile now. I snatched it up for about $50 with points. This is great item because I live in a small apartment and space is a premium. Holds everything with a grip of a pitbull.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.