Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||10 long x 4 high x 7.5 thick in.|
|Hand Saw Type:||Hacksaw|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.38|
|Package Contents:||1 saw with blade|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Cut Wood, Plastic and Metal with the Craftsman Jr. Hacksaw Frame
Teach your kids the importance of safety and the art of sawing with Craftsman’s Jr. Hacksaw Frame. This junior hacksaw includes one smaller precision hacksaw blade capable of cutting through wood, plastic and metal, while the frame features a blade-tensioning end screw for easy installation and control. This offers a great way to pass down your love of making repairs, building things and using tools to your children and have them help out on a fun weekend project. The compact saw features a comfortable handle and sturdy rigid frame, plus the compact size makes it extremely easy to store.
Instill good safety practices and share your passion with your children when working with tools like the Craftsman Jr. Hacksaw Frame.
- Cut wood, plastic and metal with Craftsman’s Jr. Hacksaw Frame
- Includes frame and 1 blade
- Blade-tensioning end screw design provides easy blade installation and control
- Comfort handle and sturdy rigid frame design
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
This is the best tool for cutting metal and wood. It feels great to use and it's so smooth. Nothing compares. When you use it, you can tell the difference between this and other saws. It the best tool in my tool box.
I compared this exact design to a competitor brand and this saw is hands down a winner. It is smaller and more delicate than a full size hacksaw but that is the point. All attachment points and the adjustment screw operate smooth as silk. You can use on just about anything you would use a full size hacksaw on but i got mine primarily to saw off stubborn toilet flange bolts. I have been reading good reviews on numerous German made tools and I must admit the articles are right. This is just a basic mini hacksaw but it was obviously made to high quality standards.
So far very nice piece of lawn equipment. Starts on the very first pull with no choke. Also love the bagged if the grass is to tall. Speaking of that just had shoulder operated on and grass got a little tall and the mower never bogged out cutting that tall grass.
East Saint Louis, IL
Granite Bay, CA
You really only want to use this for real small projects or tight spaces. I tried this for a threshold, and just too small. Worked but with effort. Good for small, light stuff. Or hard-to-get-to places.
Saint Paul, MN
Bought recently for tight space work under a dash on a friends hod rod project. Tool is great and works as design. Comes with one medium grade blade for working small steel and plastic materials. Replacement blades are part number 36068 and come three to a package for a couple three bucks more. The frame itself is now made in India with the blades still coming from Germany. So the current picture is wrong saying the frame is "Made in Germany". One other caveat, is that the item is nowhere marked "Craftsman" once you take the packaging off. The item is technically covered under the lifetime warranty minus the blades, but you may have a hard time in the future getting a warranty replacement.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.