Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Swath Width:||40 in.|
|Color and Styling:|
|Aerator Type:||Plug type aerator|
|Fits Brands/Models:||Universal- works with all brands of riding lawn mowers|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||84|
|Vehicle Type:||Tractors only|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||10 x 4 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Loosen Tough, Compacted Soil with the Craftsman Lawn Aerator
Revitalize your lawn with the Craftsman core aerator. The universal aerator attaches to the back of any brand lawn, garden or yard tractor so you can aerate soil quickly with minimal effort. The core aerator pulls narrow plugs from the lawn up to 3 inches deep, loosens compact soil and prepares lawns for spring and fall planting. A properly aerated lawn helps water and nutrients reach deeper into the soil. Roots will grow deeper and stronger, and you'll have a healthier, lush lawn as a result.
The Craftsman lawn aerator rejuvenates tough, compacted soil like clay, areas that receive heavy foot traffic or lawns damaged by drought. Constructed of heavy galvanized soil, the aerator has an enclosed weight tray that can support up to 100 pounds of ballast to cut through heavily compacted lawns. The 10- by 4-inch wheels roll smoothly over rough terrain, and the 24 coring points are easy to raise and lower via a convenient handle.
- Craftsman core aerator loosens tough, compacted soil giving you a healthy and lush lawn
- It attaches to any brand lawn, garden or yard tractor so you can aerate while you mow
- Rejuvenates compact soil from clay to areas that receive heavy traffic or drought damage
- Prepares soil for spring or fall planting
- Encourages strong, healthy root development by freeing up room for nutrients and water reach deep into soil
- 24 coring points pull plugs from lawn up to 3 inches deep
- Coring depth controlled by a convenient handle
- Coring points preassembled at the factory
- Heavy galvanized steel construction
- Enclosed weight tray supports up to 100 pounds of ballast for tougher coring action
- 10- by 4-inch pneumatic wheels roll smoothly, even over rocky terrain
- Release on lift handle with an easy-to-store design that can be stored against the wall
- Weighs 84 pounds
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Woodland Hills, CA
I have a half acre property and pull this with a small 36 inch Craftsman lawn tractor. It works perfect. It was also easy to assemble (took about an hour).
I bought one of these because a lawn company wanted $400 to aerate my lawn of about half an acre. Well it was money well spent not mention the savings this is bringing. It payed for itself the first time I used it. Did an excellent job on the lawn. Cant wait for next year to see my new lawn. Highly recommend it. Installation was simple.
New Lenox, IL
After reading all the reviews I decided to purchase this. It didn't take 3 hours to assemble. It took about an hour. I aerated with about 100lb weight and was happy with the results. I decided to do it again with 135lb wieght and liked the results even more. I plan to do it again in the spring when the ground is not so hard. I used to rent an aerator every year but never again. This way is alot easier on my body.
By using the aerator early in May the watering stayed in the yard and not running down the street. Aerating in July kept the lawn green with less watering.
The unit is quite heavy. It's not too difficult to put together. I'd say it takes less than 30m. Overall build quality is okay. It's an aerator so it's designed to poke holes in the ground. For the most part it does just that. However: - You definitely need to add a decent amount of weight. In my case this meant over 100lbs. - Once you add the weight you are going to have some trouble going up inclines. - You really need to drive slow with this unit. This isn't easy with all lawn tractors. - You definitely cannot use the lift handle when you are driving. First, it goes down so low it's nearly impossible to reach without triggering the seat shutoff. Second, once you add 100lbs to the back it is very hard to lift the handle. - Also once you load the unit down with weight the aeration plugs will hit a solid surface even when the wheels are down. Overall, it's a good unit for the money; however, I'd prefer a narrower unit with closer spacing that I can pull faster.
Comes in several pieces. Be sure to have time to put it together. Very sturdy. You will definitely need to add weights to it so that it will punch through the ground properly. Works great.
Grand Forks, ND
We were a little hesitant to buy this product, not sure it would really work well for our lawn. Took a little time to put together, but once we completed putting the aerator together, we hooked it up to our lawn tractor and started aerating our lawn. We were surprised in how well a job it did for us. Just after we did our 1/2 acre of lawn, it started to down pour. After a week went by we actually notice how thick and green the lawn was getting since we used the aerator. We are well pleased and very satisfied. We would highly recommend this Aerator to anyone that is thinking of buying this model. We believe we will get our money's worth out of this product made by Craftsman.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 04-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.