Specifications & Dimensions
|Included with Item:|
|Test Leads Included:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Play It Safe With The Craftsman 8 Function Digital Multimeter
Maintain your home the smart way with the Craftsman 8 function digital multimeter with 20 ranges. You can tackle jobs dealing with AC or DC current, ohms and amps on your own with accurate readings projected on the 2,000 count LCD screen. This professional quality multimeter comes in a rugged case with test leads fitting compactly into your tool box.
Smart handymen know that there is no second guessing when it comes to voltage which is why they reach for the Craftsman 8 function digital multimeter to safely get the job done right. From fixing the washing machine to getting a handle on computer hardware voltage issues this multimeter will give you the information needed. With automatic shut off your battery will be ready to go when you need your tool.
- Use the Craftsman 8 function digital multimeter with 20 ranges for safe DIY home maintenance just like the pros
- Automatic shut off saves on to battery life so your tool will be ready to use when you need it
- Features tilt stand as well as rubber holster
- Tests 1.5 and 9 volt batteries
- Multimeter has 8 functions and 18 ranges for extreme accuracy
- Multimeter comes with limited one year warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I tried the voltage from my home powersuply, which should be 120 voltage, but this thing gives about 180v, tried a 1.5v battery, it reads about 2.0v. What a waste of time, get to return it.
Beech Island, SC
"Automatic shut off saves on to battery life so your tool will be ready to use when you need it" It's a good meter but it doesn't shut off. I have an older one of this model and replaced it because I needed one with auto shutoff. The new one looks the same as the old meter and doesn't shut off. Wish they were more honest with their descriptions and photos.
I purchased this multimeter to carry in my tool bag. The meter is a good tool for general testing of voltage and resistance. The cost is reasonable. I have only own for a short time, so I can not say if it is durable. It looks to be built well.
Saint Cloud, MN
When it works it works. When it doesn't, it doesn't. A lot of times I try to measure voltage or resistance and the reading is zero. Then I change scale and back it works. Not very dependable, just a second unit when my main one is tied up measuring current.
Fort Collins, CO
This is a pretty sturdy multimeter for the price. It comes with a protective rubber case and if you screw up and blow its fuses they are replaceable. My only complaint is that it takes 9v batteries.
So far it seems to provide reliable readings. The build quality seems pretty good. The cover will not provide an extreme amount of protection but I guess any little bit helps.
Union Bridge, MD
This was much better than the cheap one I bought from **************. Had to purchase separate 9v battery though. This is inside a case that will also stand up.
This was exactly what I needed for my DIY computer projects. I was soldering some wires together but wasn't sure which wires carried the current and this tool did the trick. This multimeter is a life saver
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.