|Weight - Battery Installed (lbs):||2|
|Weight - Excluding Battery (lbs):||1.6|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||Yes|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts/90 days labor|
|Color/Finish:||Grey / Black|
|Included with Item:|
|Battery Charger Included:||Battery Charger Included|
|Battery Included:||Battery Included|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|Aux. Handle Type:||No|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||0.5|
|Battery Type:||Lithium ion|
|Package Contents:||Hammerhead, Nail Remover, battery, charger|
Ratings & Reviews
Work Faster, Better and Smarter with the 12.0 Volt Next Generation Rotating Hammerhead from Craftsman
The Craftsman NEXTEC Hammerhead is an innovatory tool that's a Craftsman first! With three different hammer angles, this tool is a must-have. Use the 90 degree angle and the 45 degree angle for hammering in nails at right angles and awkward angles respectively while the 0 degree angle is perfect for driving in nails straight above the head. It's an excellent tool for hammering nails in tight spaces where you can't swing a hammer. For detailed projects like installing crown molding, the powerful torque of the hammerhead allows one-hand hammering and the tool doesn't leave hammer marks on the molding.
Powered by a durable lithium-ion battery, the 12.0 Volt Rotating Hammerhead provides high speed and high torque to drive nails through different kinds of wood from construction lumber to finished wood. With it's superior speed of 3600 impacts per minute, it can handle nails up to 16d size. All this makes this tool an absolute essential.
- The Craftsman NEXTEC Rotating Hammerhead is an expertly designed power hammer that provide 0 degree, 90 degree and 45 degree angle for hammering in nails
- 12.0 volt lithium-ion battery enhances performance
- Magnetic sleeve holds the nails in place to position it properly
- Functional design has all new venting and over-mold grip that makes it easy to work with the tool for extended periods of time
- LED light bulbs rotate with the head to illuminate the work area perfectly
- Has green, yellow or red LED lights that act as indicators of the battery life to help you plan your work schedule better
- Electric brake offers better control while working
- One year limited warranty from Craftsman
- Energy Star Qualified
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 20, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Some experience - I am a 40 yr. do it yourselfer - sheetrock, paneling, flooring, tiling and wood trim work over 3 homes in 40 years.
When I saw the commercials a couple of years ago for the auto hammer i thought only limited application and short duration, not much use to me. I am redoing the Family room which includes crown molding around beams and will be installing lots of detail wainscotting molding. Putting up crown molding by oneself is difficult in handling and at some point you are going to miss the nail and make dents into the molding. I saw the new Hammerhead with the adjustable 3 positions, and thought that makes good sense and if it drives in the nail so I can hold onto molding with one hand and the Hammer drives in the nail with the other and does not miss or leave hammer marks on the molding my job would be easier and involve less wood filler work smoothing out the dents.
I bought the adjustable Hammerhead and was supprised how easy, light and good it was. #10 3" long finish nails went in very fast and no missed strikes. I actually had to learn to not press down hard and let the action do the work for me. I put up the molding at least 60% faster than using a regular hammer and far less effort and no more hammermarks on the molding.
Using the 45 deg. and right angle on the ceiling was a big help, no awkard angles - Little effort required. the thouands of small strikes in seconds just pushes the nails in so easy.
Highly recommended to anyone - one battery charge put in over 100 #10 3" long finish nails
Had a lot of hammering to do while volunteering to help erect a home. Thought this would make it easier. It bent nails 2" or longer, & seldom fully nailed them in. This might be good for situations where there is little room to swing a hammer, or for smaller nails.
There are always times where it isn't feasible to swing a hammer and then other times where you are likely to smack your finger- this is perfect for addressing both problems. The swivel head idea makes it useful almost anywhere. It probably drives a nail faster than I can by hand and won't scar the wood because the hammer missed the nail.
This is the first auto hammer I've used, so it took a little practice, but it works great, and does what it advertises. The fabric case lid is a little akward but I bought the kit for the hammer.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Plus, members get $10 back in points with any tool purchase over $20, sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.