|Weight - Battery Installed (lbs):||1.6|
|Weight - Excluding Battery (lbs):||1.2|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||0.5|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts/90 days labor|
|Sandpaper Size:||5 in.|
|Battery Type:||Lithium ion|
|Included with Item:|
|Battery Charger Included:||Battery Charger Not Included|
|Battery Included:||Battery Not Included|
|Dust Bag Included:||No|
|Number of Batteries Included:||None|
|Speed Lock Control:||No|
|Setup Requirements:||Fully Assembled|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Quantity in Set:||1|
|Types:||Detail or contour sander|
|Package Contents:||Sander and 1 Piece Sandpaper|
Ratings & Reviews
This Craftsman 12 Volt Sander Delivers an Even Finish
Built with an innovative belt drive system, shaped to fit comfortably in your hand, and light enough to move swiftly from spot to spot, this Craftsman Nextec 12.0v lithium ion sander is the perfect addition to projects large and small. Featuring True Finish technology, a system that evenly disperses the weight and friction, it delivers consistent performance across wide work surfaces, while the six hole dust collecting design allows you to connect a shop vac, helping keep your area clean with every use.
Designed for flexibility in use, this Craftsman 12 volt sander is cordless, so you can carry it around a site, deck or home for quick touch-ups, while the hook and loop sanding pad design allows you to swap between coarse and fine grits quickly. Equipped with an integrated LED work light, this palm sander illuminates the surface you’re working on, so nothing is missed. Also equipped with a quick to read LED battery gauge. Add this tool to your kit, and no matter where the job is, give it a finish you’ll be proud of.
- Craftsman Nextec 12.0v lithium ion sander includes: Sander, 100 grit hook and loop sand paper, wet/dry vac attachment
- Powered by a 12.0 Volt Die-Hard® Lithium-Ion battery for enhanced performance and longer shelf-life
- Ergonomically designed palm grip with over-mold, allows the user to comfortably grip in a variety of positions and stay low to the work surface
- Integrated LED fuel gauge indicates charge status Green = full charge, Yellow = half a charge, Red = battery is low or empty
- Recessed, dual button sealed on/off switch has a positive lock for maintaining power while sanding and keep the switches free from dust and debris
- Hook and loop pad with dust collection has six holes for efficient dust collection when attached to a wet/dry vacuum with a 1-1/4 inch hose (attachment included)
- LED work light places the light directly on the work being done, for enhanced visibility of the work surface
- LED charge indicator visually indicates the charging status
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I cannot really rate the sander as I was unable to use it. It requires an additional purchase of a battery. Went right back to the store and the return process has convinced me that Sears is no longer the place to shop. Not surprised at all to see that they will be closing an additional 100-120 stores.
Very compact and fits directly in the palm of your hand. Very lightweight and excellent for small jobs. I have a full size corded Craftsman sander that I have no use for anymore. Very good run time.
La Quinta, CA
The True Finish Sander is a gem. It will run for nearly 30 minutes on its Lithium-Ion battery. No cord is great when you wish to sand outside in the sunshine or standing on a ladder. Sears has packs of assorted sandpaper in both course and finer grits in its stores or online. In at least two places on the box, one is informed that the sander requires a battery and a charger. This was my third Nextec tool and probably my favorite. The Integrated Vac Adapter hooks right up to the 1 1/4 inch hose in the Nextec Vacuum. You can hook it up to the Craftsman 2 1/2 inch hose Shop Vacuums by ordering a 2 1/2 to 1 1/4 inch adapter form Sears online, if your store does not have on is stock. The three color fuel gauge indicates when you need to switch batteries. The built-in work lights is great in dark corners.
I bought this to quickly sand through some old varnish on a couple of side tables I bought at a garage sale. My choice was dictated by the low price (NOTE: it comes without the Li battery) and the fact that I had other tools in the same series, so I already had a pair of batteries. It does a decent lob of sanding, but I soon went through the 200-grit paper that came with it. I bought a couple of packs of multi-grade paper from Sears. Contrary to earlier reports (or maybe these are new) a pack of 18 papers in three grades costs under $10. Not too bad, if you're not a heavy user. CONS: The dust extraction works minimally. There is quite a lot of dust left around the work area, even with a shop-val connected to the port using the provided attachment. Other than that, and specially if you've got other NexTec series tools for battery-sharing, this is a logical addition to the collection. If this is your first NexTec piece, you'll need to fork out extra for a Lithium Battery and Charger.
Cannot think of any better tool when working off a ladder. Li Ion battery is very powerful and allows one to smooth scraped surfaces especially when painting. No electric cords, pheumatic hoses, just a lightweight tool doing a heavyweight job. One draw back-cannot find any sand paper pads suited to this tool.
La Jolla, CA
Sears only stocks 120 grit pads for this sander. No other grits are available on line or in stores. I've had to buy 3M 5" round hook & pile pads and cut to fit in order to get other grits. Other than that works great as a medium duty and finish sander.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Family & Friends Event! Extra 10% off Select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid thru 12/10/2013 9am. Offer ends 09-Dec-2013 See details.